[WIP] Ships and other water thingies that float [BETA REL!]

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

[WIP] Ships and other water thingies that float [BETA REL!]

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Got 2 testing ships

Beta File released
Attachments
t00t.jpg
t00t.jpg (67.08 KiB) Viewed 6596 times
Last edited by Illegal_Alien on 03 Jul 2006 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
SkyNet
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SkyNet »

oh yeah new ships , thats what i was waiting for a long time !

a new oiltanker would also be great ;)
TheGrew
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by TheGrew »

Nice one! Out of interest where did you get the models?
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

alistairgrew wrote:Nice one! Out of interest where did you get the models?
I'm guessing maybe MSTS, but good luck if you are IA cos that will require A LOT of xml editing, but looking good :)
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

MajorDuck wrote:
alistairgrew wrote:Nice one! Out of interest where did you get the models?
I'm guessing maybe MSTS, but good luck if you are IA cos that will require A LOT of xml editing, but looking good :)
Well, editing 2 lines did the trick ;)

But are the ships ok? I cant make them bigger; but the ships in Locomotion are also very offscale so i dont think anyone will bother about that :)
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Good Job!!! Can't wait to see it!
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

Breeze's Bus Shop *Opening Soon*
SkyNet
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SkyNet »

well compared to the original ships they look some kind of small ... maybe you can post a picture with these two babes and the original tanker ... :)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Original ship with the 2 baby`s

I think they fit nicely compared to the other ships.
Attachments
shipmania.jpg
shipmania.jpg (67.2 KiB) Viewed 6518 times
Last edited by Illegal_Alien on 02 Jul 2006 21:08, edited 1 time in total.
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Illegal_Alien wrote:Original ship with the 2 baby`s

I think they fir nicely compared to the other ships.
Good one. Finally ships that look realistic...
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

Breeze's Bus Shop *Opening Soon*
LocoMH
Chairman
Chairman

Post by LocoMH »

Wow they look great!
Samo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Samo »

can u add those 2 super ships, forgot the name but one can hold moreiron ore than any other ship(obviously that won't be all it can hold in game), and the other is the largest container ship in the world

one more question, do they clip?
CZAR ALEKSANDER
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

new type passenger ship for 1940-1950

Post by CZAR ALEKSANDER »

hello IA

I would liek to wish you good luck on your ships and water things
I would like to make a suggestion for the passnger lines for the years from 1940-1950

this ship
Attachments
Hapa Liner Vaterland II 1940
Hapa Liner Vaterland II 1940
intendedgiants03.jpg (14.3 KiB) Viewed 6443 times
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Well, i think i got the right size.

There is a bit clipping at the front and the back. But i think we can all live with that because some trains do the same :P.

Funny thing though is that it sounds like a train on a traintrack, and you need to buy it at the bus tab, so i need to fix that :P
Attachments
poshipnicesize.jpg
poshipnicesize.jpg (81.72 KiB) Viewed 6433 times
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Can't wait to have them ingame :)
SkyNet
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SkyNet »

Perfect ! :)

Is it possible that you release a faster oiltanker ? :)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Beta File released

There is one ship, it doesnt have the waterthingies behind it, or a dieselflume, it also got a diesel sound instead of the "boat" sound.

I am not responsible for destroying your Locomotion; Killing your dog, eating your cat, and kidnapping your mother in law.
Attachments
LTPOFERR.dat
The .dat file
(577.41 KiB) Downloaded 745 times
The ship
The ship
betaship.jpg (49.44 KiB) Viewed 6356 times
Train-a-Mania
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Train-a-Mania »

That looks good. I can't wait to try it.
Nick - Creator of the virtual railroading review series:

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Hmm, 15 downloads, but i didnt see anyone, playing with it or saying someting about it.

Sorry to bother you people but without reaction I get the feeling that i am doing it for nothing...
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

I don't know much about the coding of ships. The dieselsound is oke for me, it sounds realistic.

There's one thing. The ship brakes very fast. Can you change that?

It looks very good though :)
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

LocArny wrote:I don't know much about the coding of ships. The dieselsound is oke for me, it sounds realistic.

There's one thing. The ship brakes very fast. Can you change that?

It looks very good though :)
I think its a bit overpowerd, this results in the fast braking and accelerating :)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”