..,..,.,,./// Japan Set \\\.,,.,..,.. trains v1.3b released

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

..,..,.,,./// Japan Set \\\.,,.,..,.. trains v1.3b released

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hello, everybody!

I have just received from gl2 the first release version of the trains GRF. This should work quite fine and without bugs.
We will still be improving it, however, but this is the main release for the moment.

The other thread will be left for developing.

Enjoy the game! and don't forget to show us your screenshots!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
some links:
most up-to date files for buildings, land and trees:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=482280#p482280
japanese town names GRF:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=451047#p451047
latest trains GRF:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=684595#p684595
Last edited by Sanchimaru on 23 Apr 2008 09:37, edited 2 times in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice set but I might have found a bug. Once I bought that heavy loader once, I got a articulated vehicle in the depot menu.

But very nice work guys :!:
Attachments
SCR7.png
SCR7.png (44.7 KiB) Viewed 43245 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Hmm, I couldn't reproduce the bug. I can buy many of them, and the purchause window stays unaltered :? maybe there is a conflicting GRF?

However, let the coders check that. I have no idea...
In the meantime, gl2 has already sent me a new file. This one is really nice: it's a replacement for faces. The ones here are quite simple, but hey, we finally got what not even the most expert patch developers could do even with their mighty abilities! they who bended the original game to their will, and brought us so many new features, could not add a switch to have...
women! :mrgreen: I have to say that the original game artist had a very peculiar taste for girls. :roll:
Well, here you can have variety, try to create some of them until you find one you like.

I have only the Windows version, however, if someone can get a DOS version working, I'll post it here
Attachments
jpfacesw.zip
Windows version
(25.76 KiB) Downloaded 2713 times
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by graphics_master »

Try a program that runs dos programs and see if it works that way.

I have a windows 98 donwstairs.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Sweet jeezus, awesome sets, Big well done to you :)
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by graphics_master »

*looks to ground* does it work in ottd ?
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

graphics_master wrote:*looks to ground* does it work in ottd ?
I've tried it a little (only on a small piece of track going in a big circle) and it seems to be working just fine.
I like the depots BTW! :wink:
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Purno wrote:Nice set but I might have found a bug. Once I bought that heavy loader once, I got a articulated vehicle in the depot menu.
This was a bug in persistentengines up to beta 4. Should be fixed in beta 5.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Thanks for the grfcrawler entry Sanchimaru!
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Ooh, yay, a new set to play with. Having seen this set come from point zero to this, I believe congratulations are in order. :)
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Thank you everybody!!
I am very glad to see this set finally running. A lot of people has helped since I entered the forums and posted first in the "East Asia project".
Dave

Post by Dave »

Indeed Sanchimaru, a beer of it's choice is firmly on your table, as and when you want it.

Great looking set! Great effort. Much love for that.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I have not updated the public site with this release yet, but I will without fail sometime this week. Please note that the public site is here:

http://www.as-st.com/ttd/japan

Currently, it offers all the Japanese scenery that is intended to work with this set - bascially everything you'd want, except not yet the Japanese signals, and not really enough stations.

And...

:bow: to Sanchimaru for drawing (and drawing, and drawing), and adapting all the old collected sprites from years past into one comprehensive set

:bow: to gl2 for his persistence in completing the coding

:bow: to everyone who contributed so much to this massive project over all the years. The (development) site has a list of contributors, but there have been so many that I may have forgotten some - please announce yourself if you were overlooked.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

krtaylor wrote:I have not updated the public site with this release yet, but I will without fail sometime this week. Please note that the public site is here:

http://www.as-st.com/ttd/japan

Currently, it offers all the Japanese scenery that is intended to work with this set - bascially everything you'd want, except not yet the Japanese signals, and not really enough stations.
Ohh, and please add this stuff to grfcrawler aswell :wink:

I hope with new routes in the next alpha we will support better track system differences and caternary :)
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Dave: sure thing! It's beena while since I was in Scotland having pints of "Miller". I'd like to go back there some day.

krtaylor: thanks a lot! however you are forgetting someone:
:bow: to you! since all of our work would have been lost without someone tracking it and keeping an eye for progress

eis_os: that sounds great! So let's see if we can make the next version better and more different thanks to the patch developers, who are always there.
hikokusanagi
Engineer
Engineer

thank you very much!

Post by hikokusanagi »

Thanks a lot for your hard work on the Japan set! I've made a real-life (ish) scenario to complement the set! In the mean time, here is a screen shots! (though for some reason the Japanese buildings aren't working for me in OTTD )= ) Hope you enjoy and once again, great job and congratulations on the fabulous set release!!

edit- Here's a scenario that I mentioned earlier just for this Japan Set! It includes most of the Kinki reigon and Tokyo too and is based on a satillite imagery. There are A LOT of trees, and the resource skematics may be a little weird and not to reality. Well, let me know if you have any suggestions regarding the scenario and feel free to redistrubute/edit it, thanks again for the set!!
Attachments
Osaka Transit, 20th Mar 2053.png
Osaka Transit, 20th Mar 2053.png (217.69 KiB) Viewed 3107 times
Kansai V.3 by Hiko K.scn
(1.19 MiB) Downloaded 1005 times
Last edited by hikokusanagi on 14 Jun 2006 02:17, edited 3 times in total.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I am glad to see all the happiness around, it is a good reward for all this work.

Concerning screenshots - I am particularly looking for quite small cropped "photo-opps" featuring each of the individual trains, that I can put in the list of trains on the public website. Like I have on the US set's site.

And, I have now updated the public website, so please take a look and make comments!
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

This fine set is finally released, great news! :)
A big thanks to all people involved in the development! :D
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

:bow: for great new set! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
DSM_TTD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DSM_TTD »

Just curious about the Japan Secarino is anyone do have one or making one of this? Because I think the Japan Set will look good in Japan Secarino while playing TTD

Return to “Graphics Development”