..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I do intend to put the town names on the website. However, the problem you mentioned is a coding bug, we also had that problem with the Japanese names and the US names as well. There is a relatively recent fix for it, in that the Japanese town names do not have this problem anymore, and it should be fixed. The Dutch team is wanting to use your town names GRF as an example for their own, so we should be sure to mention this so they don't have the same problem.

I do like the articulated vehicles and would love to see trams. There still isn't a complete tram set for an environment, maybe this would be the first. But we should finish what we have started before going on anything new, I think.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Indeed, there are still 3 or 4 steamers to be done yet.
After that, there is a longer work ahead with freight cars. I saw some graphics from the Czech set that are the same as some Spanish freight cars (boxcars and hoppers)
I'll ask them for them soon.

Once I'm done with steamers, I'll begin gathering information about trams.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

What is the exact problem and the exact fix with the town name grf's?
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<

Here's the latest and (I think)
the final version of the spanish town names:

http://www.tt-forums.net/download.php?id=49501

NOTE: I don't know why, but the game may crashed while starting a new game.
:arrow: Anyway you'd better try it without the japanese town names.
:arrow: If the problem still exist, try again. (I'll try to get the anwser for this problem)

:arrow: Sanchimaru: I found that the game change it to german after leaving a game, but I don't konw how to fix it. right now I'm working on the crashes.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<

New version for Spanish Town Names

:arrow: New Changes:
  • No More Crashes (!)
    More Fixing work
:arrow: Download:
http://www.tt-forums.net/download.php?id=49501
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I've found a problem with the new file:
it generates 2 equal names, see screenshot. It's from a new random generated map.
Other than that, I experienced no crashes...
Attachments
double.png
double.png (69.36 KiB) Viewed 8244 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

The fact that the list is unsorted suggests that town names were generated without the spanish town name grf active. That will lead to such problems.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Death wrote:So how can I make the list sorted, or maybe it's your business?
Looks like a bug in the patch. I think I'll let Csaba investigate, he wrote the town name code.
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Here's the Japanese town names GRF. I don't know about the sorting issue, or about GRF coding - simply that, for me, the Japan town names do stay around when you save and reload a game.
Attachments
jpset_namw.GRF
(1.41 KiB) Downloaded 860 times
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

:arrow:
Patchman wrote:Looks like a bug in the patch. I think I'll let Csaba investigate, he wrote the town name code.
Thanks, Patchman :D

:arrow: Sancimaru: that's a common problem with the randomize,
I found it too in the Japanese town names, (see the picture below).
I changed the random bits in the Spanish town names, so download it again and tell me whether it still exist.

:arrow: Krtaylor: The Spanish names will saved too, when saving a game. The problem we're talking about is when you set the Spanish names and start a new game, the game won't save the town names if you begin a new game again. This problem is exist in the Japanese names too.
The problem is probably in the patch as Patchman wrote.
Attachments
Scr1.png
Scr1.png (3.49 KiB) Viewed 8160 times
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Death wrote::arrow: Krtaylor: The Spanish names will saved too, when saving a game. The problem we're talking about is when you set the Spanish names and start a new game, the game won't save the town names if you begin a new game again. This problem is exist in the Japanese names too.
it also happens with the pineappleland names.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

For what it's worth, I added the town names to the tech site.

At some point, we need a pretty site, like I have for the US set and Japan set. Any thoughts or volunteers? If someone wants to follow the same pattern I used with the others, I've got all the HTML, and of course I can host the result. Otherwise, I could make one, but I'm awfully busy these days and I'd rather not. Plus, I don't know much about what it should look like, having never been to Spain.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I'll look for pictures to help creating the site, but I can't do one myself :(

In the mean time, we have a new locomotive halfway done:

282 Garrafeta (english "Garrat")

I am planning to give animated sprites to it; but I was drawing it all the afternoon, so I decided to post it here.
As for the coding, I'd like to ask a special feature: to have it coded with the new reversing engine device: where the train reverses direction without having to flip; so that the locomotive is pushing the train, rather than pulling it.
Attachments
282garr.png
282garr.png (2.43 KiB) Viewed 8046 times
Telekoman
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Telekoman »

Nice one boys.. I dindt know you were doing a spanish set.. if been away from this forums for a while.. This looks really good.. I'm spanish and i live in spain so if you need help ask me for it!
Due to cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Death wrote: :arrow: Sancimaru: that's a common problem with the randomize,
I found it too in the Japanese town names, (see the picture below).
I changed the random bits in the Spanish town names, so download it again and tell me whether it still exist.

:arrow: Krtaylor: The Spanish names will saved too, when saving a game. The problem we're talking about is when you set the Spanish names and start a new game, the game won't save the town names if you begin a new game again. This problem is exist in the Japanese names too.
Csaba has fixed this now, it should properly properly in the next nightly (r410 or higher). Or you can fix it by turning off displaytownsize until then.
Josef Drexler

Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Excellent! the patch team is always doing such a nice work! thanks :]

Ah, I noticed yesterday a very slight bug in the town names file:
Some words use the unique spanish letter ñ Ñ (N tilde, should look like a N with a ~ over it)
For example, suffix "-de la Peña" is currently displayed as "-de la Pena"

Not quite a big bug, but Spanish town names must surely have this unique character. In that one case, the meaning of the word goes from "of the rock" to "of the pity" without the proper Ñ ;)
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru wrote:Ah, I noticed yesterday a very slight bug in the town names file:
Some words use the unique spanish letter ñ Ñ (N tilde, should look like a N with a ~ over it)
For example, suffix "-de la Peña" is currently displayed as "-de la Pena"

Not quite a big bug, but Spanish town names must surely have this unique character. In that one case, the meaning of the word goes from "of the rock" to "of the pity" without the proper Ñ ;)
Well, it's not a bug. It's just how I'd writen them. I can fix it but I need a list of the mistakes and how it should be (forgive me, I don't know spanish...).
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I have checked my files, and I have realized that I had 2 versions, one of which didn't include the N tilde (and I don't know the reason)
There are only 2 words with ñ, both suffixes:

de la Cañada
de la Peña

Sorry for the inconvencience!

I had also 2 questions about the town names, but this might be too hard:
> Is it possible to have different groups of name parts to form the names?
For example: we have a list like this
Preffixes: A,B,C,1,2,3
Suffixes: a,b,c,!,",#
When forming a name A,B and C will only combine with a,b and c:
Aa, Ab, Ac, Ba, Bb, Bc, Ca, Cb, Cc
And 1,2 and 3 only with !, " and #: 1!, 1", 1#, 2!, 2", 2#, 3!, 3", 3#

My idea is to have not only castilian town names, but also catalan and basque. To make it look good, I would need the different groups not to be able to mix with each other.
This takes me to the next question:
> Is it possible to have different town names for different soil types? In the tropical climate of TTD, wet and desert soils can sustain different industries. Also in arctic climate, the level of the snow determines which industries can be built or not.
I was wanting to have a unique climate for Spain made. It would feature mediterranean and continental zones. Some industries could be built only in one of these zones, as the ones mentioned before.
So, I'd like the town names to work as follows:
For the mediterranean zone, group1 (castilian, the ones we already have) and group2 (catalan) would appear randomly, never mixing words from group 1 and 2, only choosing from within one of them. Thus creating either a castilian name or a catalan name.
Then, for the continental zone, group1 (same castilian as above) and group3 (basque), again working the same way as before.

I hope you understand what I mean ^^U
I know this might be very hard to do, but I thought that it would look real nice.
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru wrote:> Is it possible to have different groups of name parts to form the names?
For example: we have a list like this
Preffixes: A,B,C,1,2,3
Suffixes: a,b,c,!,",#
When forming a name A,B and C will only combine with a,b and c:
Aa, Ab, Ac, Ba, Bb, Bc, Ca, Cb, Cc
And 1,2 and 3 only with !, " and #: 1!, 1", 1#, 2!, 2", 2#, 3!, 3", 3#
Yes.
Sanchimaru wrote:> Is it possible to have different town names for different soil types? In the tropical climate of TTD, wet and desert soils can sustain different industries. Also in arctic climate, the level of the snow determines which industries can be built or not.
I was wanting to have a unique climate for Spain made. It would feature mediterranean and continental zones. Some industries could be built only in one of these zones, as the ones mentioned before.
So, I'd like the town names to work as follows:
For the mediterranean zone, group1 (castilian, the ones we already have) and group2 (catalan) would appear randomly, never mixing words from group 1 and 2, only choosing from within one of them. Thus creating either a castilian name or a catalan name.
Then, for the continental zone, group1 (same castilian as above) and group3 (basque), again working the same way as before.
No, as far as I know. We can ask the TTDP developers for making it available, but I'm afraid it's a lot of working. Anyway, I can make town names for each climate, if you like.
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

I knew that the soil-based thing would be hard... but the fact that we can have different name groups is excellent!!
In that case, we can try to have a version with 3 groups on it. But that will take time, since I haven't a list for basque and catalan names yet.

But this is quite good news!

Return to “Graphics Development”