Displayed bus speed wrong...

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Axlrose
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Displayed bus speed wrong...

Post by Axlrose »

I am using the standard buses within the game. I've noticed that the Hereford Leopard Bus with a stated top speed of 55 mph displays 51 mph. The Foster Bus with a stated top speed of 70 mph displays only 55 mph. To check for correct speeds, I built a drag strip involving a stretch a road next to a stretch of track. I purchased the Foster Bus and an engine with a stated speed of 70 mph. Both were started from within their respective depot while paused then released. The train pulled ahead while displaying 70 mph while the bus displayed 55 mph and fell behind. Looking over my ttdpatch.cfg file, the only commands I have to alter speeds:

bridgespeedlimits 90 (buses were on open roads)
curves 3333 (buses were on open straight roads)
mountains 3333 (buses were on open level roads)
wagonspeedlimits 40 (for my empty train carriages)

Patch version Beta 4.0.

Any ideas or thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Cannot reproduce it. More info?
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

He's quite correct; the default busses have a poor power/weight ratio, so with realistic acceleration on they can't achieve top speed.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

I just tried it and they all reached their top speed within a few tiles.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Axlrose
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Axlrose »

I decided to take my current game and build a double stretch of road way out in the middle of nowhere. On one end, there are two depots with a bus within each - both still in pause mode.. At the other end of my ten square race track, I put a bus station for one bus and an overall goods terminal for the other bus. Both buses are given the directions of heading to the station only. Once there, one bus will enter the bus station, attempt to load, then leave while the other bus just turns around and races back to the depot. So to race them, pause the game, unpause the buses, then unpause the game.

My Foster Bus must have caught a head wind since I saw it reach 56 mph at one point.

Including game and ttdpatch.cfg files.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(2.32 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
TRT30.SV1
(345.81 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”