Dutch stations set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

After a time of rest i created a single view of Deventer. Just some comments are welcome. Please do compare them with the platforms that should be with them once the set is coded...

Allright i added some more texture... hopefully it looks better now!
Attachments
deventer.PNG
deventer.PNG (3.59 KiB) Viewed 7398 times
deventer.PNG
deventer.PNG (3.75 KiB) Viewed 7350 times
Last edited by Caelan on 20 Apr 2006 13:02, edited 2 times in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The colors are kinda bright, and perhaps it could use some texturing. For the rest, I don't know the station.

Keep up the good work tho!
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

that looks bloody great Caelan! really great style... if you draw houses and buildings this style, we could create an entire dutch scenery and everything. brilliant!
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

ah wait, it looks better here at my PC at home, then at the PCs at school... don't pay too much attention to my last comment.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Amsterdam Revisited:
I added more texture on the roofs, and darkened the whole a bit, What do you guys think now of this station?
Attachments
Amsterdam.PNG
Amsterdam.PNG (8.29 KiB) Viewed 7322 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks nice, but a bit cartoony and dead. Perhaps add some more texturing, and what about add a row of 1 tile in front of the station with peoples on it, and perhaps some trams or anything to make it look less dead.

The shape of the building is correct, so, great work :!:
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

The bricks need more texturing as well as the roof. The ground tile seems to be the most textured of the entire sprite now. But as Purno said, the shape is good.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

And a new smaller station, no ground tile as i thought i could create that later for most stations...
Attachments
Vorden.PNG
Vorden.PNG (2.08 KiB) Viewed 7118 times
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I permit myself a second post because i wanted to display what i have craeted in regard to stations so far. Please feel free to comment, praise whatever..
Attachments
overview stations.PNG
overview stations.PNG (23.58 KiB) Viewed 7227 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

They all look nice, but I think Amersfoort could use some additional surrounding buildings.

Besides, I'd really like to see the stations of Baarn, Hilversum and Utrecht Overvecht :tongue:
Image Image
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

The one in the bottom right corner is by far the most detailed one when it comes to texturing. If you could get all the other designs to the same texture level it would be really great. The shapes of all stations seem right already by the way. I really think you are capable of producing mind-blowing Dutch stations :).
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Btw, I just noticed something. It seems you want station buildings to have their own tiles. Which means you should draw 4 views of them, since you can built the station building in front of the station, or behind it.
Image Image
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Btw, I just noticed something. It seems you want station buildings to have their own tiles. Which means you should draw 4 views of them, since you can built the station building in front of the station, or behind it.
Thats a comforting thought... I will see what i can do, but in regard to a lot of stations that seems rather impractical or just not interesting.

For example the bottom right station has a nice view from this angle, the other view is rather disappointing, so is the back of Amersfoort and Amsterdam since they are connected to the station halls.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Purno wrote:I'd really like to see (...) Utrecht Overvecht
bah, Utrecht Overvecht is een naar station! :P

caelan: i really like those stations... and even the old Culemborg station's present. how cool is thát. :D great work. have you found a coder already, by the way?
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Marqhuinos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Marqhuinos »

Caelan wrote:After a time of rest i created a single view of Deventer. Just some comments are welcome. Please do compare them with the platforms that should be with them once the set is coded...

Allright i added some more texture... hopefully it looks better now!
Really, really nice job! It really lookes like our station :D .
Regards,
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Yes it does doesnt it! It took me a while, but its a nice station to play with i think as well. I am going to create a couple more some of these days. This is my schedule:
Attachments
Dutch Stations v0.10.xls
(26 KiB) Downloaded 422 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

astath wrote:
Purno wrote:I'd really like to see (...) Utrecht Overvecht
bah, Utrecht Overvecht is een naar station! :P
It looks cool tho. I like modern stuffies :tongue:
Image Image
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

We should indeed include the other views, i will be working on that. In the meantime i will try to create some more new stations...

Anyone decided on coding this bunch?
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch stations set

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Bastiaan wrote:Hello,

I see lots of people are drawing Dutch stations now. Purno and Singaporekid started drawing platforms. Now Caelan and I are drawing station buildings, but also both Zimmlock and Aegir and also Caelan are drawing new Dutch platforms.
I think we should bring these to one project of Dutch stations, so that we don't have double graphics. Good idea? :wink:
I will make a tracking table of which tiles we need.

Bastiaan
Hey there,

What about doing a few Dutch Stations for Locomotion ?
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Well i might consider it but i would first like to have these all coded and released...
Anyway, Station Valkenburg is on the drawing boards.

Return to “Graphics Development”