game crashes immediatly after start

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

lojza
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lojza »

Hello. I have a similar problem with patch 2.5 beta 2 (WIN). The game crashes after start, and as I found out, it is because of switch mountains 120. When it is changed to mountains 3323, the game crashed. Until now, I have always changed this switch everytime new version of the patch revealed, along with curves 3323 which is OK, but from 2.5 beta 1 it is not possible. Can you, please help me, how can I run the game with mountains 3323 :?: Thank you.
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(30.35 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
CRASH000.TXT
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
No stress, keep smiling.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this, with those cfgs it works just fine for me. However, I don't even have half those grf files...

Does this only happen for certain savegames, or also when you start a new game?

Does it also happen with an empty newgrfw.cfg?
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
lojza
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lojza »

Patchman wrote:Does this only happen for certain savegames, or also when you start a new game?
Yes, it does everytime I run the game. Just doubleclik on ttdpatchw.exe, the game start, but it crash immediately even without reaching main screen.
Patchman wrote:Does it also happen with an empty newgrfw.cfg?
No, it does't. And combining *.grf files I found out, that it is because of cztexty.grf. When switch :arrow: mountains 120 and cztexty.grf is enabled, the game is OK. But if this switch is changed from mountains 120 :arrow: mountains 3323 and cztexty.grf is enabled, the game crashed with crashlog attached in previous post. When I disable cztexty.grf, the game run properly with any value of the switch. So because this is grf file for including czech text into the game, I'll post this problem on our czech forum and we will try to solve it out. Thanks for advice.
Attachments
cztexty.grf
(254.03 KiB) Downloaded 86 times
No stress, keep smiling.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”