[Request Filled/Released] TTC ALRV and CLRV

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Good Idea

Yes
61%
No
No votes
I don't care
13%
Where's Toronto?
18%
I don't care about Canada
3%
I doubt it will happen
5%

Total votes: 38

Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

[Request Filled/Released] TTC ALRV and CLRV

Post by Breeze646 »

Anyone up to making Toronto's Streetcars. Like the CLRV and ALRV.

CLRV Download Link

ALRV Download Link

Here's some resources for Info to build em:

A CLRV and ALRV Photo Gallery: http://transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/4701.shtml

CLRV specs:
http://transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/4503.shtml

ALRV specs:
http://transit.toronto.on.ca/streetcar/4504.shtml

I will be very pleased if anyone can complete this.

Thanks.

EDIT: Here's a suggestion for colours if someone desides to do it. The Red should be Colour 1 the Black should be Colour 2.

EDIT2: For those of you who voted "I doubt it will happen" well guess what. It happened and you though wrong.
Last edited by Breeze646 on 27 May 2006 04:51, edited 6 times in total.
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

Breeze's Bus Shop *Opening Soon*
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

offtopic:

i made artic-busses. if you want them, click here and here
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Oh like those in your avitor yeah I DLed them already you did a good job with em. I like em. But manly what I want is like toronto has. A non articulated Tram that has a articulated version also. Also bus style doors like what I mean by that is doors on the passenger side. Not the driver side.

EDIT: I love those articulated buses you did a great job.

EDIT2: I also noticed no one has requested this yet. I really want this. If you meet me irl you would know how much I want it.

EDIT3: LOL so many edits. Anyway I would like to say since the doors are like buses these could be a great alternative to buses because they don't pass eachother causing traffic and it looks realistic instead of just modding a bus to be put on the tram tracks. I say this would be great for us all. This comes from me remembering a past request: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=23738 This took me lots of thinking of what could be modded onto tram track and look like buses without some major mods. The CLRV and ALRV came to me after a week straight of thinking. Now I'm requesting it to replace the buses on high frequent routes.
Image I like Articulated Buses or Streetcars (Although I really like anything with wheels including planes, Thanks to Seelenquell for making Toronto's ALRV and CLRV for Locomotion. All we need now is a TTC D40LF and D60LF to go with the LRVs. Plus the Scarborough RT vehicles too.)
Resion for the LRV's is to make a good alternative to buses. Visit Here for more info.

Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

So anyone up to making it because if you don't have time untill summer because of school I can wait till then. I will even pay for this if someone handmakes it.

Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

mh i read and read and read and i still don´t get it.

sorry, my english isn´t that good :wink:
you want a tram with the doors on the right side, don´t you? i thought, the normal ones yet have them? i´m a little confused. could be that i don´t understand this that good.

or maybe the doors should be on left side? well, in great britain the cars drive left, in germany i.e. they drive right. so the pass-doors are right. and in gb left. so i think. AARGH i´m gettin´ more confused now. :D

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
Tra
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tra »

hmm well if only if only i new where i can download this program of how these ppl are making these mods and if i was an experinced user then i can or could try to make it
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Seelenquell: Okay Bus doors are what I consider the local buses doors side are on like here in canada we have doors on the Right Side so I consider the CLRV doors to be on the right side. And the Default onces in the game if you look closely has doors on both sides. I don't want trams with doors on both sides because I want a alternative to buses getting lost.

You could try to make a left door version of the CLRV that would be cool but yeah for now I want the right door version and a ALRV.

Tra: Thanks for saying you would do it if you knew how, I would be doing the same except I ain't good with the drawing. I'm just good with the settings.

Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

ah now i´m getting at it. :D

ok i understand your problem. i don´t know if anyone is making them ATM. i myself am making a schoolbus ATM. and there are still more projects in queue. maybe later then :)

Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Okay so let me get this straight. Your willing to make this for me :D

Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Breeze646 wrote:Okay so let me get this straight. Your willing to make this for me :D
No he said maybe.
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Okay but man I would be so grateful but yeah atlest for me it would replace buses once and for all. Because I plan on doing the opposit of real life. Only place I would use buses on loco would be on low frequent routes. But yet again on those type of routes I always have my buses getting messed up.

Thanks for considering it Seelenquell!!! :D

Here in Ottawa we need Streetcars or Trams w/e WE NEED EM!!!

Resion for this: In Toronto the Streetcars run more frequent the the 95 in Ottawa which happens to be the most busiest route in Ottawa. Meaning it's a decrase to how cheap Ottawa is.
Resion 2: The buses (mostly the articulated ones like in my avitor) get stuck in major snow falls like this winter. Atlest the trams wouldn't get stuck in snow because it's on rails. *See Attachment for my full avitor*
Attachments
The Big 30 CM Snow fall affected the Articulated Buses
The Big 30 CM Snow fall affected the Articulated Buses
normal_artictroubles.jpg (220.87 KiB) Viewed 16932 times

metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Fun though the CLRV and ALRV would be (and they are close to my heart as well, I loved the streetcars when I was a kid) a PCC in the old TTC Maroon and Gold colours would be a lot more useful, as the default streetcars for North America are worthless.
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Only resion I want the CLRV and ALRV is because they look modern and have a Articulated version although there was articulated PCC in The former Yogoslovia. But Yeah after someone makes the LRV's maybe a PCC would do also.

Good idea.

Man I'm surprised those people who voted Where's Toronto. Most people think Toronto is the capital but the truth is Ottawa is the capital. Anyway Ofcorse Canadians know that Ottawa's the capital I'm taking about other then Canadians. I'm shocked.

metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

You should try living overseas, man. Everyone says to me, 'Oh, you're from Toronto, eh? Do you know BOB from CALGARY? Is that anywhere near you?'

:roll:
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

i think i will give it a try.. but don´t try to speed things up by ask every day ok? :twisted:

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

i didnt see that photo before, in chicago this year after one snowfall we had something like 13 articulated busses jacknifed in one day. it was bad.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

Okay I'm going to try to do 2 reply in 1 message.
Seelenquell wrote:i think i will give it a try.. but don´t try to speed things up by ask every day ok? :twisted:
Yeah I know all that will do is slow you down because you have to check and then that wastes time and so on.

But I won't ask because you said so and the message I typed above.
Plastikman wrote:i didnt see that photo before, in chicago this year after one snowfall we had something like 13 articulated busses jacknifed in one day. it was bad.
Yeah lol I was on a bus that day (Articulated ofcorse) on our transitway and then it turned off the transitway and got stuck lol. Atlest the transitway is kept clear. Yeah it's amazing the loads of snow that fell this year. Almost all of the snow falls was 30+ CM. Yeah the old articulated buses that are called the Orion 3 (Google Search Orion 3 Bus for pictures, besure to use the web section not the image section for some TTC Orion 3 pictures, lol :D This is like a Toronto forum. Click on the first web link for the TTC Pictures) Were middle wheel driven and produced less noise then these new buses.

In other words they were beter in every single way. Except can't be wheel chair ascesible. Which can be fixed by just installing a lift.

And now back to topic.
Seelenquell, Thank you very much for accepting my request. It's like the first request I've made and someone aculy is trying it. First time in my LIFE!!!

In otherwords Thanks

Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

this is a quick WIP-screenie. both render and ingame. for me it looks bit bad. this one has difficult curves. but some day there will be the release. hopefully. 8)
Attachments
ingame, can´t really see something. is the scale ok? should it be bigger? smaller?
ingame, can´t really see something. is the scale ok? should it be bigger? smaller?
Screenshot53.gif (16.4 KiB) Viewed 16630 times
render
render
tram.jpg (17.09 KiB) Viewed 16639 times

Breeze646
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Breeze646 »

OMG :shock: okay breath in and out............. looking good :)

I though I would never see this!!!

I don't know what to say except Thanks!!!

I would say the scale looks good wouldn't you say so

You are the MAN :D

:shock: Look at my picture views!!! 298 times! cool!!! That's the articulated trouble pic which part of it is my avatar.

I guess I can change the status to Work in Progress or something like that Or Request Filled/WIP.
Last edited by Breeze646 on 05 Apr 2006 23:11, edited 3 times in total.

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

friggin cool like always, SQ. :)

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”