[REL] Scenario: The Arual Sea

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

[REL] Scenario: The Arual Sea

Post by teccuk »

The Arual Sea
In the map posted here http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=24348 Plastikman suggested putting oil rigs in as he reckoned it would fun.

Well i made this a while ago for myself, it does just that, so i'll post it and see what you think.

Start Date: 1962
Objective: Haul 400,000 goods
Difficulty: Medium (ships are hard to manage, and thats quite A LOT of goods!)
Competitors: None
Mods: None (US Freight pack recommended)

Background

The shallow inland Arual Sea is quickly becoming one of the worlds most important sources of oil, first ship the oil to one of the costal refineries then ship the goods east to the two port towns.

Map:

The West coast (the inland sea):

The East coast (one of the port towns):

OKay i'll stop spamming scenarios now :p
Attachments
The Arual Sea.zip
(242.72 KiB) Downloaded 581 times
Last edited by teccuk on 09 Apr 2006 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Hair Day
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Scenario: The Arual Sea

Post by Bad Hair Day »

teccuk wrote:OKay i'll stop spamming scenarios now :p
Why? Yours are great!
My OpenTTD screenshot thread.

Formerly known as Lankku / 2-10-0
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Please, spam some more scenarios. A swedish one, maybe? :wink:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

if you stop spamming maps, i'll stop making trains!!! sorry but the trains need good maps to drive on! a Union Pacific SD40-2's looks out of place in london.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Plastikman wrote:if you stop spamming maps, i'll stop making trains!!! sorry but the trains need good maps to drive on! a Union Pacific SD40-2's looks out of place in london.
Really? :P

I am thinking of a good scenario (where nice trains can be used of course) as well, but I dunno if I have time for it.

Nice job, will start this after the coal one :)
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

What a happy co-incidence! I wouldnt make maps unless I had lovely pretty trains and mods which make the game better to play! Would've given up of Loco months ago!
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

teccuk wrote: Would've given up of Loco months ago!
/agreed....

lomo right out of the box can get old really fast.
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

been playing this one today, it is not exacly what i had in mind when i said it. but it is still fun. my idea what you had to transfer the crude to rail and take the crude over the mountain and then the bring the goods back over the hills....

lol.. also with there being towns on the "port" side of the map. there really is no reason to cross the map. unless you want to :D .... anywho i popped my US set into the map and it is going strong. nice pretty map as usual..

very euro looking towns this time... :?

the default stock you picked is a bit odd? you mixed US and euro stuff? maybe i over looked at it wrong. thanks again for yet another good map..

I'll post shots when i get a chance
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

Hmm, very good points Plastikman. Yeah its hard to 'force' people to cross maps... bit i have to damit the thought that someone wouldnt didnt corss my mind :oops:

Euro Looking? Hmm i think your right, in my ongoing war against towns exploding i often pick the euro-esque 1 square buildings, plus i think i may be baised, but i think they look much nicer :P

Thanks though, i'll see if i have a spare landscape lying about and try and make a scenario based on what you suggested.

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”