[REL] Combined Roadset

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

[REL] Combined Roadset

Post by Hyronymus »

After a long wait I'm very proud to announce the first release of the Combined Roadset. This is probably the first grf to combine or support multiple grf's at the same time. The Combined Roadset is available for DOS and Windows. It contains these previously independent grf's:
  • - RobC's cantilever replacement bridge
    - Purno's bridge set
    - European Roadset
Next to that it supports PikkaBird's stone bridge. How to unlock all these possibilities can be found in the readme file. You can get a preview by viewing the screenshots below.

Attachments
Combined Roadset v0.10 for Windows.zip
(347.72 KiB) Downloaded 11027 times
Combined Roadset v0.10 for DOS.zip
(347.32 KiB) Downloaded 1532 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks very nice Hyro! :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Thanks, Purno. It owes a lot to you and Szappy too!
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Right, nice set, about time it was released.
*Removes the blame form himself because he left it uncoded for so long.* ;)

One thing I forgot, is that it is compatible with Michael Blunck's Alphine Climate grf. (see attached image).

Sorry, Hyronymus, it was such a little change I forgot to mention it.

~ Lakie
Attachments
European Roadset.png
European Roadset.png (193.88 KiB) Viewed 5597 times
Last edited by Lakie on 18 Mar 2006 20:51, edited 1 time in total.
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Ooooh, downloaded!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Great work! :D
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

What a pleasant surprise. :)

But...why .pdf instead of .txt? Add some pictures to justify .pdf! ;)

EDIT: Whoa, DB trains running on the left side of rail tracks...I'm scared.

Ok, seriously now... I have found a compatibility issue with a graphics set: http://www.bornacorn.com/newoffice3.zip It isn't even a road set, but the CRS says it is and disables its roads whenever newoffice3 is active. :?
Another thing is that I cannot use Purno's bridges together with Pikkabird's viaduct, even though BR_viaduct is above COMBROADW. This did not happen when Purno's bridges were a separate grf. Rob's cantilever bridges work fine with the viaduct.
Peter1x9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter1x9 »

Looks great! :D
I just got your pm. Once my HQ is compatible with it i'll post a preview pic in my thread.
Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Looks really great! Can't wait to test it. :D
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

White Rabbit wrote:Ok, seriously now... I have found a compatibility issue with a graphics set: http://www.bornacorn.com/newoffice3.zip It isn't even a road set, but the CRS says it is and disables its roads whenever newoffice3 is active. :?
I think Born_Acorn used the same grfid for that new offices as for his road set. I'll have to investigate that to be sure.
Another thing is that I cannot use Purno's bridges together with Pikkabird's viaduct, even though BR_viaduct is above COMBROADW. This did not happen when Purno's bridges were a separate grf. Rob's cantilever bridges work fine with the viaduct.
You just didn't read the manual did you?

EDIT: Lakie confirmed my suspicion: Born_Acorn used the same GRFID for his offices as for his roadset. I'll ask him to fix it. In the mean time I advice you not to use his offices if you desperately want to use the Combined Roadset.
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

White Rabbit wrote:Ok, seriously now... I have found a compatibility issue with a graphics set: http://www.bornacorn.com/newoffice3.zip It isn't even a road set, but the CRS says it is and disables its roads whenever newoffice3 is active. :?
1. Born_Acorn used the same grfid aparently, so blame him.
<rant>I can only code check code against a grf id and if he wants to put all his grfs under one grf id then I'm sorry but thats crap, grf's are meant to have different grfid's for a reason.</rant>

2. Purno's bridges REPLACE the same bridge as Pikka's, so you cannot use them together even if you wantted to, they are incompatible.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I see many issues when running this wonderful set on OpenTTD. Perhaps I should speak to OpenTTD devs about the newgrf support, because I see roads on bridges are messed (USSet road is present, I don't really know why). Also, desert tiles appear over the snowline.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Why do you think this set is posted in the TTDPatch Graphics section? I and the other artists never intended to support OTTD. We know that the grf-support is screwed for OTTD. Together with the (slow/lack of) progress on the new graphics system made the decision quite simple: forget about OTTD.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

If it works in TTDPatch, but not in Open, you have two options:
1) Find the non-conforming sprite(s) and report them.
2) Implement proper newgrf support in Open.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

Hyronymus wrote:
You just didn't read the manual did you?
I have the same compatibility problem when the parameters for combroad are set to enable the European roads and Purno's bridges, regardless of the positioning of the viaduct relative to combroad. The manual does not mention any way to rectify the situation.
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Hmm, this version is not able to have my bridge and bridges by Purno at the same time on? Is this right? Older versions had no problem with it...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

The set looks great Hyro and others!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Can you please all read the manual instead of glancing at it? I think I made pretty clear what combinations should be possible and which won't.
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

It doesn't explicitly say which combinations are impossible, no. :roll:

I take it Purno's bridges and the viaduct are simply not compatible in this set.
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

khamura wrote:It doesn't explicitly say which combinations are impossible, no. :roll:
No, but it does tell you which combinations ARE possible. Which, by process of elimination, would mean that the OTHER combinations are... gasp... impossible.

How about showing some respect to the people that spent all their hours working on this wonderfull set, rather than nitpicking at a manual which (I might add) is perfectly serviciable if you take the time to READ it.

Oh, and as you need the obvious stated, this is the end of my post.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club

Return to “Graphics Development”