[TTD] Post your saved games and scenarios here!

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Linx Europa

Post by SAC »

Noticed I had my LinX Europa game still posted - although not in its proper location, so I figured I should make it available in here where it after all belongs! :P

This is a very complicated rail network, developed before some of the changes with new graphis were implemented - (something that means way points and some stations may look a bit odd).

Anyway, this is the way I usually develop my TTDLX maps. Starting with a plan that during the playtime gets revised several times. As a result thereof an initial simple and "easy-to-understand" rail network tends to grow in the most mysterious ways with long tunnels and bridges, and finally ending up with a solution that I myself can't get a grip of after awhile. And especially after an absence... :mrgreen:

Here is the link to the "old" LinX Europa showcase with more images, and below is the file itself. Please feel free to comment the rail network!
collingwood
Engineer
Engineer

Post by collingwood »

Impressive.
However there is a bottleneck where traffic jam occurs easily. See picture below.

and also would you mind telling me where you got those station and tunnel graphics?
hope you won't mind me being too greedy
Attachments
SCR24.png
SCR24.png (204.68 KiB) Viewed 1836 times
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

collingwood wrote:Impressive.
However there is a bottleneck where traffic jam occurs easily. See picture below.
Yeah, I know. :P The thing is that the last time I actually played this scenario I was planning to extend the "incoming goods" station area - which is basically the main reason for keeping trains waiting long times. As you can tell, a majority of the trains waiting at the so called "waiting area" south of the station area are "incoming goods" trains, and with a more sufficient system the station would work better. I also believe I had in my plans to create another line to somewhat minimize the bottlenecks when train arrives/leaves the station.

It should be noted that there are some problems with other station areas as well, but I need to take a closer look at the map in order to understand what I was thinking when building the system up... :D

However, since I played this map new patch features have been implemented and I'm looking forward myself to continue this map. :D
collingwood wrote:and also would you mind telling me where you got those station and tunnel graphics?
hope you won't mind me being too greedy
Sure, if only I knew what tunnels and stations you're talking about!

UPDATE///

Oh silly me...I assume you refer to the image I posted myself above! :oops: Actually, the station in question is made by Andres as a replacement to the in-game station, (made before we could actually use additional ones). It can be found HERE

The tunnel is worse. I can't remember exactly where I found it. Anyone else perhaps?
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

if i release a bugfixed version of megarail the same as the original without the bits of tram track every where would any of you use it it would'nt have any of the other bugs trams introduced.
those tunnels are from the chezch rail set. i dont know if the tunnel only grf is still available as if you dwnload the whole rail set you get there tracks aswell.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Actually, I managed to find the post were this tunnel was attached: :P Simply click here;

http://forum.tycoonez.com/viewtopic.php ... 2+grf#9944
collingwood
Engineer
Engineer

Post by collingwood »

At last, I've managed to finish laying the tracks connecting all cities!
This game was based on one of my scenarios posted before
Have a look, although this isn't any tremendous network :)
Attachments
TRP01.SV1
(379.58 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
SCR29.png
SCR29.png (29.85 KiB) Viewed 1807 times
SCR28.png
SCR28.png (116.04 KiB) Viewed 1869 times
Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trev »

Why go over hills when it's easier to go around them? And why so many tracks, you can run many trains down just two tracks. Your harbour crossing could easily be two tracks rather than 7.

Your use of signals is weird. Faced with two-way signals, a train will chose whatever signal is green. Faced with one-way signals, a train will chose whatever signal gets it to its destination, regardless what colour it is.
collingwood
Engineer
Engineer

Post by collingwood »

Do you mean the exit signals when choosing platforms? Yes, I was finding the trains acting a bit strange when they line up stupidly without taking the empty platform, but I couldn't tell what's wrong. :wink: So maybe I'll change them now.

EDIT
and how could you go around the hills? That will take a much longer distance if you consider a diversion
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

collingwood wrote: EDIT
and how could you go around the hills? That will take a much longer distance if you consider a diversion
Longer track more money :wink: I have in game one train with income 2,6 milion. :twisted: Other 2 is around 1,5 milion :) Ohhh and now its only year 1940 :D
Trev
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trev »

collingwood wrote:Do you mean the exit signals when choosing platforms? Yes, I was finding the trains acting a bit strange when they line up stupidly without taking the empty platform, but I couldn't tell what's wrong. :wink: So maybe I'll change them now.
I'm thinking a little more major than that. Your whole network is weird. Two one-way tracks are more efficiant than four two-way tracks.
collingwood wrote:and how could you go around the hills? That will take a much longer distance if you consider a diversion
With some of your layout it'd actually be more direct (cutting corners). Basically, (although I don't have your train grf's), it's faster to make the track longer than to make a train climb an hill, especially the 5-tile climbs you have.
ISA wrote:Longer track more money :wink: I have in game one train with income 2,6 milion. :twisted: Other 2 is around 1,5 milion :) Ohhh and now its only year 1940 :D
It works on the direct distance between the two stations, not the length of track travelled.
Lloyd Wolf
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lloyd Wolf »

A save of my lastest game in 1963. There's nothing terribly special here, I just thought it was a pretty spiffy network, being reasonably far-reaching and almost all steam-run.

Lemme know what you guys think.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
The cfg
(3.29 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
TRP10.SV1
The save
(374.42 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
A picture
A picture
Scr17.png (40 KiB) Viewed 10515 times
||Linkxors||NW||DA||BS||MJ||
Maverick8
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maverick8 »

Rob wrote:Well running with more then 100 trains isn't a problem.
It's just that my game has :
  • 634 trains
  • 318 road vehicles
  • 31 aircraft
  • 416 ships
I also need a morevehicles setting of 16, which means I have about 16 * 690 + 320 reserved vehicles = 11360

Together that causes it to become a bit sluggish. :D
how do i get more than the standard 240?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Didn't Rob already answer that question?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

I did 23 minutes ago. :)
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Maverick8
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maverick8 »

sorry

thanks guys for the prompt response now I can continue playing with my personal train set :D
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

My latest game with the US Set and one of Danmack's Sub-Arctic scenarios (North Country). When he said it was going to be hard, he wasn't joking! The year is 1977 I've only managed to squeeze in 49 trains, while there are 110 RVs, 12 planes and 26 ships in the game. Also, I've used the towngrowth values on the TTDPatch manual, so don't be surprised at the unusual number of big towns on the map. ;)

Quite a lot of GRFs are used, but only a few are actually required to play the savegame (namely the ship, RV, plane and train sets).

To install:
Unzip the cfg and savegame files into your main TTD folder and the TTDPatch shortcut into any folder of choice, edit the address bar of the 'AresPatch' shortcut according to the location of your TTD folder and finally run AresPatch to play.

Well, have fun. :)

EDIT: Reuploaded with a savegame in 2024.
Attachments
ares_networks.zip
TRP21.sv01 is the 1977 version while TRP23.sv01 is the 2024 version.
(458.74 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
Last edited by White Rabbit on 04 Apr 2006 16:10, edited 2 times in total.
Kanibal
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kanibal »

All these savegames look great :D

But none of them work for me, I put them in the right place but TTD cant see them :?:
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

have you got the patch. Also are there numbers with an underscore bfore them, if so remove those numbers aswell as the underscore.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Kanibal
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Kanibal »

Works now, thanks.
Numbers and underscore were the problem.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

Ive made an update to Owens Orkney scenario that he made before the patchs day. All ive done is made it ukrs industry compatable. so you jjust need that and the newcargo switch on in your ttdpatch.cfg
Attachments
Trp00.sv0
(164.05 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”