[RELEASE] Prague metro pack v5.5 - includes Moscow trains

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

[RELEASE] Prague metro pack v5.5 - includes Moscow trains

Post by strongbow »

This pack includes the ECS metro train imported to Prague, capital of Czechoslovakia, in 1974 from Soviet Union. It's been running till 1997 on 2 of the 3 Prague's metro lines.

The blue version is the russian counterpart - type E, as it can be seen in Moscow, Petersburg and Budapest metros among others.

The model is handmade in 3D Studio MAX, hence the imho nice antialiasing and shading. Those dots on the sides of the roof are not aliasing problems, but air intakes. Yes, the model is detailed. ;)

I've included a metro station as well, which unfortunately accepts all kinds of cargo, not just passengers. I've tried, but Locomotion has hardcoded rail station cargo types. :(

In version 3.0, the 81-71 train was added, the successor to E/ECS. It features both Prague and Moscow liveries. E and ECS will now become obsolete in 2007 and 1997, respectively.

Version 3.5 brings the 81-71M train, a modernised version of the original 81-71. Currently running on Line A in Prague, it is planned to replace the old 81-71s on Line B. Also new is the addition of the metro starting sound and a "=M=" prefix for all the trains, so they can be easily found in the scenario editor.

The last and newest Prague metro train, the Siemens M1, is included in the final 4.0 package.

Special thanks to Plastikman, Oleg and Andel. :wink:

update 17.3.2006
Version 2.0 released with blue Moscow / Petersburg / Budapest livery.

update 19.3.2006
Version 2.5 released with Prague graffiti livery - can be coupled with the clean Prague one.

update 5.4.2006
Version 2.81 released with many fixes and metro station.

update 27.4.2006
Version 3.0 released with data fixes and 81-71 train in Prague and Moscow liveries.

update 22.6.2006
Version 3.5 released with the 81-71M train, metro starting sound (common for all trains) and a =M= prefix.

update 24.6.2006
Version 4.0 with the last one, Siemens M1 train.

update 19.7.2006
Version 4.01 with a small bugfix, the train ordering (driving carriages at the end / carriages inbetween) now works as it should.

update 30.8.2006
4.02 changes the E, ECS and ECSG trains to be single units and they will face opposite directions when coupled. I also bumped up the reliability to 96 and added a section in the readme on how to improve the reliability with my trains. As an added bonus, I've added the 81-71M prototype train (white livery), which is currently running on line B, transporting passengers.

update 8.3.2007
4.1 - all trains now have separate bogies, which is mostly visible in tight curves. Next, as pointed out on ttdrussia forums, the E train is in fact the EZ train, so a rename of the DAT and the internal name was necessary.

update 16.3.2007
4.2 - added the mysteriously lost 81-573 trainset destined for Teheran.

update 24.9.2007
4.3 - updated with the Vodafone livery of the Siemens M1.

update 30.10.2007
4.4 - fixed weight of the ECS graffiti version and did corrections to the Siemens M1 Vodafone paintjob.

update 5.5.2008
4.5 adds the russian modernisation of the 81-71 train, the 81-71.6K, and the Maracaibo version of the Siemens M1 train. The latter uses overhead wires instead of third rail and doesn't run underground, that's why I've chosen for it to have dark windows. I've also updated the 81-71M unit with better graphics and limited the Vodafone M1 livery to the year 2007, as in real.

update 31.12.2008
5.0 brings the czechoslovak prototype train R1 that was supposed to run in the Prague underground before a political choice saw it replaced by the ECS trainsets from Russia. The pantograph version, R2, planned for the Bratislava light rail system is included too, as well as its company colours version. Furthermore you'll find the Warsaw 81-71, the Kiev 81-553 Slavutich (similar to Prague's 81-71M) and the 81-71.5M Krasnaya Strela from Moscow. Fixes include proper sound for road crossings, overhead sparks position on relevant trainsets and incorrect double bogies (static and moving) on the Moscow and Prague 81-71s.

update 23.6.2009
5.1 is a small service release that ends the era of 81-71 trains in Prague in the year 2009 and adds unique sounds to the three M1 units.

update 24.12.2009
Version 5.2 includes the prototype livery on the M1 train that only existed as a model and the famous ARDO colours on the 81-71.

update 15.5.2010
Updated graphics on the ARDO 81-71 and added service units from Moscow (81-580.1) and St.Petersburg (81-581) in version 5.3.

update 30.4.2011
Added Moscow's 81-71 retro train and Prague's Siemens M1 in the KB advertising livery, along with a company-coloured Siemens Metro unit inspired by the abandoned M2 concept for Prague's line B.

update 15.9.2011
A small update to 5.5 to complete the advertising liveries on the M1 train - the blue Citibank from 2011. All the M1 trains are now non-obsolete, so you can build a colourful metro system at any time.

Download: https://www.locomotiondepot.net/amitrains/strongbow

Attachments
ingame trains from v4
ingame trains from v4
version4trains.png (18.08 KiB) Viewed 29294 times
ingame trains from v3
ingame trains from v3
version3trains.png (20.17 KiB) Viewed 29302 times
ingame trains from v4.2
ingame trains from v4.2
version42trains.png (27.37 KiB) Viewed 25259 times
Last edited by strongbow on 04 Apr 2015 22:01, edited 48 times in total.
LocArny
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LocArny »

Thank you, thank you. Great work :)
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Looks good, will try it when my workload isnt as heavy :D
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

These cars are beautiful. Good work. Thanks.
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

anytime man, glad to see other peoples mods get released.. looks good.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

beautiful *sniffles*
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Thanks for the nice comments! :D I'll have a go at those other liveries soon as I've found some good pics on the net.

-s
Endre
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Endre »

You can still see them in Budapest on line 2 and 3. :) (I guess they're in operation in Moscow as well as other cities in the former Eastern Block.)
Indivisibiliter ac inseparabiliter
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Really? That's cool. In Prague ECS hasn't been running since 1997. Only the 81-71s (followup to ECS) are running on line B, other lines are serviced by modern Siemens trains and renovated 81-71s.

Might think about visiting Budapest now. :)
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

So here's a test version of the Moscow/Petersburg/Budapest livery. The Locomotion palette doesn't like the lower blue part obviously. Also the bright roof looks boring, maybe some gradients would help... :?

update 17.3.2006
updated ingame pic
Attachments
photo
photo
moscow.jpg (45.87 KiB) Viewed 32455 times
ingame
ingame
ecsm.png (5.46 KiB) Viewed 32373 times
Last edited by strongbow on 17 Mar 2006 07:33, edited 1 time in total.
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

The blue may be a tad bright, but apart from that it looks good :)
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Metromaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Metromaster »

Blue is my favorite color. Any shade. The cars look spectacular in blue. Please release them at your earliest convenience. I can hardly wait.
Take a look at the trains, planes, buses, trams and ships at
http://www.YouTube.com/user/metromaster2010
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Ok, I think I got the most out of it I could. There's more detail on the roof and blue is a bit softer. This was a b**ch to do honestly. :evil: I need some rest now and then I'll make the graffiti version, which should conclude the package for now.
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

Well the server broke down yesterday while i was uploading the new version. :shock: I fixed the top post so you can download again. :)

Anyway, after the graffitti livery... Has anyone an idea on how to create stations? I have a model of a Prague metro station on Line A, which might look nice when built underground in Locomotion. I think I'll just decompile one of the existing .DATs and see what's in there. :D
Last edited by strongbow on 17 Mar 2006 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
hongjian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hongjian »

This game is badly in need of commuter rail stations that only generate passengers. I have not seen mail, livestock, goods or grain turning up at real life commuter/metro stations.

For a start, bus/tram stop do not generate any other traffic but passenger.

I am looking forward to the release of the metro/commuter stations and thank you very much for the Moscow/Prague Metro EMUs.
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

mh i created a new busstop-graphic. you have to make one tile and this will be used 2 times in the game. upper left und lower right. don´t make two station-tiles, make one, because of the overlaying of the train.

link to topic
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

SQ, I don't think I understand what you mean. :? I'll try decompiling those DATs and see for myself. You can also post what you mean on the german forum, maybe I'll get it then. No promises though. :D
Seelenquell
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Seelenquell »

sry for that :D

i´ll try again. see pic2. this object will be used in different angles for both sides of the road/track. therefore see pic1.
Attachments
2.png
2.png (1.48 KiB) Viewed 32201 times
screenshot39_268.gif
screenshot39_268.gif (10.88 KiB) Viewed 32208 times
i did all models/renderings/textures myself. no conversions.

seelenquell.pytalhost.com has been reactivated from 16/07/28 till 18/05/31.. now it´s deactivated. at least there..
new URL is: http://seelenquell.125mb.com
Hobgoblin
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Hobgoblin »

am not really into passenger vehicles but this is really nice quality work and so will be going into my game thanks :D
english trucker intrests transport games and driving cars...............i must be mad

LIFE the game................Because you have to play
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

OMG! I've left my trains unobserved just for a couple of minutes in Locomotion and guess what has happened? Someone sprayed graffiti on them. Crazy. :D

I'll have a look at the metro station now and release the pack then. Thanks for the info SQ btw, I think I get it now. 8)

Oh and you can couple the Prague ECS and the graffiti ECS together for some realistic train combinations.

Thanks for all the praise too! Definitely gives me more will to continue the project. :wink:
Attachments
geez...
geez...
graffiti.png (54.87 KiB) Viewed 32121 times
Last edited by strongbow on 18 Mar 2006 13:36, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”