Dutch stations set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Dutch stations set

Post by Bastiaan »

Hello,

I see lots of people are drawing Dutch stations now. Purno and Singaporekid started drawing platforms. Now Caelan and I are drawing station buildings, but also both Zimmlock and Aegir and also Caelan are drawing new Dutch platforms.
I think we should bring these to one project of Dutch stations, so that we don't have double graphics. Good idea? :wink:
I will make a tracking table of which tiles we need.

Bastiaan
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

good idea. :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

As promissed, I'll update the Dutch Trainset page this week and make room for Dutch stations on it (together with some general updating).
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Well lets start with a uniform platform just like in MB's set is. Then we can continue with the buildings and add-ons.

Here we have:
basic platforms (empty)
Platforms with a lowering part for crossovers
Platforms with structure to hold the station hall
Station hall itself
Platform roof covering (albeit not too good)

I have in progress:
Platform roof semi flat (Deventer) (2 tiles)
Platform roof curved (Amersfoort) (2 tiles)
Platform roof angled twice (Arnhem) (1/2tiles)
Platform basic covering (1 tile)

Platform architecture:
Benches
Lanterns
Signs
waiting cabins
wind shelters

If we combine them with the platforms of Aegir who has been drawing nice sprites indeed as well...
Attachments
platforms (still prelimenary)
platforms (still prelimenary)
Platforms.PNG (12.78 KiB) Viewed 35895 times
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

We also need different types of pavement:

Gravel
Brick pavement ("klinkers")
Concrete pavement (which is mostly used now)
Concrete slabs ("Betonplaten", like this)

BTW: I really have no idea which station buildings we have to include. Of course we include the newer types, like the "Sextant" and the station type of Beilen. But there are so many types from the 19th century, we can't include every one.
There is a list of station types you can find in The Netherlands. Which ones we want to include?
http://stationsweb.brinkster.net/typeoverzicht.asp

Bastiaan
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ok, gonna offer my services;

Friday I'm going for a little traintrip and will take photographs of several stations;
- Amersfoort
- Hilversum
- Utrecht Overvecht
and probably - Bilthoven and - Baarn too.

For those who want pictures of a station in the neighbourhood, you can request it here. I think it would range from Naarden-Bussum, Utrecht Centraal till Amersfoort Schothorst. But if one desperately wants another station a little more far away, you can request it too :)

I already have about 50 pictures of Amersfoort, but only from platform 1-2. Will take lots more once I return there.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

aarg, I can't take the car Friday, otherwise I would have gone via Valkenburg to take some pictures from that station. For a smaller type of station you could draw schin op geul, which is a standard SS type of station. I'll take my camera with me just in case I can lend a car from someone at simpelveld.
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Allright a couple of requests i want to draw (or be drawn):

Den Haag (HS) ( i lived in there)
Groningen (was born there)
Nijmegen (lived there too)
Wolvega
Deventer (i live there)
Arnhem-zuid (new small station, lived there too)
Rotterdam Blaak
Maastricht

well that is it for now...Better get to my drawing.

And yes i concur the various type of platform should be included as well, they are with the generic platforms already correct?
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

rotterdam blaak? the old station was a 'halte' on a bridge (just 2 platforms nothing special) and the new one is a tunnel? The hague HS would be realy nice, but if you draw the hague I feel I also have to ask you about Haarlem :)
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

broodje wrote:rotterdam blaak? the old station was a 'halte' on a bridge (just 2 platforms nothing special)
Before WW-II Rotterdam Blaak (at the time called Rotterdam Beurs) had a very nice building. Also the station hall looked very nice.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

I was once approached some time ago to code the Dutch stations, and I did agree to then. Just letting you all know that I may be able to still keep that offer, but, I am a rather busy person atm, with projects of my own.

But if I'm unavailible, get OzTransLtd to do it :P. He codes prettier things anyway. I just code insanely modular stuff ;).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

Aegir we are glad to have you onboard!

In regard to the platforms lets see what we can make of it! Ad yes ii will draw Haarlem as well, but all in time people!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

I got a nice photobook of Dutch stations last year from a friend. It's called Stationnementen by Victor M. Lansink [ISBN 90-288-3518-0]. It's a bit of a strange read because all interesting things are mentioned first with the pictures (without interesting explanation) just being pictures.
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

New version of the Emmen building.
Attachments
station01_prev03.gif
station01_prev03.gif (2.93 KiB) Viewed 35632 times
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

As metioned before i was drawing some sprites for the dutch station set:

Here they are. It is the first start.

We have here Basic platform, Basic platform with a ramp and a crossover (with signals if possible)

We also have regular platforms and one type of single roof platform. Also the famous hedges are drawn.

Also an underpass has been drawn. And of course the station hall.

I would like to see this set having left sided or right sided platforms but not on both sides of a track reflecting the dutch trainstations. This counts for all platforms. So usually there will be two outer platforms or one inner platform with an under or overpass to the station (crossing one or two tracks)

Anyway can someone give us a preview how this looks in a game?
Attachments
Double platforms.PNG
Double platforms.PNG (17.97 KiB) Viewed 35556 times
Single platforms.PNG
Single platforms.PNG (21.05 KiB) Viewed 35555 times
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Those ground sprites in upper right corner of the first picture (more specifically your 'crossovers') look like Michael Blunck's. I hope you have his permission to use them!
Caelan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Caelan »

I have them from Zimmlock. I think he made them. If i have no permission i will remove them of course, however they are the tiles that go underneath the sprites (platforms).

Any comments on the sprites, could we use them as Dutch platforms?
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

>> Those ground sprites [...]
> I have them from Zimmlock.

Indeed, it seems to be an universal law that people are content with just copy and recolour than to invent on their own.

regards
Michael
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

Looks very nice, Caelan! Perhaps you could add a fence at the ramp. Like the red one at the glass waiting shelter, you know what I mean? :wink:
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

michael blunck wrote: Indeed, it seems to be an universal law that people are content with just copy and recolour than to invent on their own.

regards
Michael
Excuse me, those sprites were not intend to be send to the Dutch station groupe.
The rail crossings are Michaels, please remove them, i have them in my file as an example, i had added the concrete slabs between the rails just to see if all worked out with the platforms.
Michael i am sorry for this mistake :oops:
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi

Return to “Graphics Development”