UK Renewal Set - v3 1st of August 2006

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

UK Renewal Set - v3 1st of August 2006

Post by PikkaBird »

New thread! The old one was getting a bit long.

The current version of v3 is now available from the website. This version has much improved graphics over v2.3, a number of new freight wagons and locomotives, and support for the arctic/alpine climate.

v2.3 of the UKRS has been released. You can get it here. The website also has a list of all the locomotives in the set.

New in 2.3 are four new locomotives - the 0-6-0 Freight Engine, 4-6-2 Pacific, AEC Diesel Railcar and the Eurostar - and few capacity bugs in the freight cars have been fixed.

The UKRS Industry Set has been re-released, see the website for details.

The filenames have been changed (to pb_ukrs.grf and pb_ukrsd.grf for the main set, and pb_ukrsi and pb_ukrsid.grf for the industries), so make sure you update your newgrf.cfg if you are updating from an older version of the set.

New in 2.2 are DanMacK's maglevs from the NARS.

New in 2.1 is the ability to turn off the locomotive running sounds with a grf parameter.

New in 2.0 are half a dozen or so new locomotives - the Sprinter DMU, the Vossloh 'G1206', and a bunch of futuristic ones. I've also added a number of new 2CC paintjobs, and added custom engine and hornsounds for every locomotive.

Feedback, as always, is welcome. I'm going to update the UK Renewal Industries and put them on the site too, as well as continuing to update the graphics in the UKRS and my other sets.
Last edited by PikkaBird on 29 Jul 2009 04:03, edited 5 times in total.
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: UK Renewal Set - v2.0 30th of January

Post by khamura »

PikkaBird wrote:I've also added a number of new 2CC paintjobs, and added custom engine and hornsounds for every locomotive.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

PikkaBird! You are the man! :lol: Custom hornsounds are the thing I miss most in the other sets, and it's all your fault for introducing them, damn you. :P *fistshake*

EDIT: Costar 'Century'? :shock: You DID include the Tycoon Train! That is beyond cool. 8)
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

awesome! :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Fantastic! I've just tested the whole set and its brilliant. The sounds are really cool, especially when the trains are sat in the station.

I just wanted to know if the trains were purposely meant not to make a horn noise when they leave a station, unlike the original sounds.

Look for some screens from me soon Image

Marshy
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Now it's at v2.0, should it be renamed from pb_brmini.grf to pb_ukrs.grf?
It's not exactly 'mini' any more :wink:
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Marshy wrote:I just wanted to know if the trains were purposely meant not to make a horn noise when they leave a station, unlike the original sounds.
They should do... which ones aren't?
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

PikkaBird wrote:
Marshy wrote:I just wanted to know if the trains were purposely meant not to make a horn noise when they leave a station, unlike the original sounds.
They should do... which ones aren't?
I noticed something similar, but as far as I've been able to find out, they only don't whistle when sent to a depot from standing position.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

khamura wrote:I noticed something similar, but as far as I've been able to find out, they only don't whistle when sent to a depot from standing position.
That's true, if you manually order the train to go to the depot or to skip orders, it doesn't whistle before moving off. But I think that's the same with the ordinary horn sounds.
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

Yeah, whenever they set off from the station to a depot they didn't whistle, never mind Image
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Woah! Excellent! Now to start a new game again!
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

Woah, nice to see a website for it atleast. :D
Does this version include 2cc supporting wagons, or is that for a later release? :(
I'll update my grf's and enjoy the latest version of the set.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

The Set looks very very nice, it looks like ill actually play past 2030 because of the Costar 'Century' :D.

The Hydra also looks very nice..
leylandrailbus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by leylandrailbus »

Hi

this is my first post. I like the set A LOT, especially the sounds but I cant seem to be able to get a Metro Cammell DMU. is there a reason why this may occur.

Thanks
R.Lamb
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice work guys! :D
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

leylandrailbus wrote:this is my first post. I like the set A LOT, especially the sounds but I cant seem to be able to get a Metro Cammell DMU. is there a reason why this may occur.
What is the game year? Vehicle introduction dates are randomised by TTD, so it may appear as much as 17 months (iirc) after the start of 1956.

Small update: Improved the graphics of the Class 92. :)
leylandrailbus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by leylandrailbus »

the game year is 1958
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Thank you so much for including the 'Tycoon' Century locomotive. :D
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

Hmmm. Wondering here, since I couldn't find the info anywhere: when do the rest of the fullsize wagons become available? It's '68 already and so far, only the minerals, goods, tanker and bogie cars are available. What the introduction era for the others?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

khamura wrote:Hmmm. Wondering here, since I couldn't find the info anywhere: when do the rest of the fullsize wagons become available?
Roughly; late 70s for the container wagon, early 80s for the livestock van, and late 80s for the polybulk hopper.
jebartle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jebartle »

Love the new sounds for the trains in motion :P I miss the long diesel horn, I guess thats because I hear this long diesel horn as the train comes pass us
where I live. Its required to sound off several blasts before a road crossing.

JEB
Author of GRFreader and NFOalter

Return to “Graphics Development”