[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Mega
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mega »

:D Hey gamerz,

Thx to all developers!!!! had to get that out.. i've been playing ttd since the dos version...played till windows went to 2000 version.. only recently i discouverd that my all time favorite game is patched and upgraded and that there is such a large tt community HI ALL!!

I felt creative and this is my version of the Europe map designed for the multyplayer games not to big but veverybody has a place to enjoy...

have fun..
edit what and where you want :wink:
Attachments
TTD World(Europe).scn
OTTD World(Europe)
(265.35 KiB) Downloaded 1207 times
Jibb01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jibb01 »

lol mega doesnt it feel weird that you find out that after playing ttd the boring way theres a patched version :lol: LOL with everything you said oo that needs changing :PPPP :D
SittingDuck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SittingDuck »

@topdog: I like your Europe map, it's quite accurate, but you used german names for some towns. (Rom is Rome for example). But in my opinion England is too far from Europe. But apart from these small things it's an great map (and my first 2048x2048 map).

Maybe i'll make a nice Dutch map someday :) (or at least try to).
Mega
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mega »

Jibb01 wrote:lol mega doesnt it feel weird that you find out that after playing ttd the boring way theres a patched version :lol: LOL with everything you said oo that needs changing :PPPP :D

Well i managed to build me sum good realistic map's where the comp's AI had no change screwing me up i just missed some good competition

:wink:
0beron
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 0beron »

MeusH wrote: 0beron (Archipelogo map): I think some more cactoo scattered on the desert would be better
I tried this, but after a while they die off and thin back down, a bit like clearing patches in the rainforest doesn't work cos they grow back too fast.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Okay 0beron, shall I mark your map as finished?
Gedemon
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gedemon »

One 1024x1024 hand-made map with montains, rivers, big flat plains... and long run needed between primary and secondary industries. better start with coal run, as there are power station near any medium town.
Attachments
Ucontinent_final.scn
and the scenario here.
(641.71 KiB) Downloaded 625 times
river.png
zoom on a river...
(247.33 KiB) Downloaded 634 times
map1.png
the map...
(129.02 KiB) Downloaded 938 times
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Gedemon, the overview map looks great but aren't there too many roads though? It seems every town is already connected. It would possibly be better to only connect a few clutches together, and leave them seperated.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

No, existing road infrastructure is good. That's the only real advantage road vehicles have!
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Gedemon
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gedemon »

It seems more realistic to me with road already build in 1925 (forgot to mention that : you should use newgrf or change date before playing ;) ).

And when playing solo with IA, having roads connecting every area is a good way to prevent the IA to buid is own spaghettis.

Last, as said by Brianetta, it's the real advantage of road transport vs train : using already build structures.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I very like the layout and the idea. River, islands, rural areas :)

However, I can easily see the raise land/ lower land/ level land tool usage.

Hmm... maybye a tool's "brushes" patch after 0.4.5?
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

MeusH wrote:I very like the layout and the idea. River, islands, rural areas :)

However, I can easily see the raise land/ lower land/ level land tool usage.

Hmm... maybye a tool's "brushes" patch after 0.4.5?
Tool brushes in development with my rework of the Scenario Generator - to be issued as a patch initially, but I intend to get it into v0.5.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

That's some good news :)
thor
Engineer
Engineer

Denmark.scn

Post by thor »

Hey everyone.

A version of my Denmark scenario. Just shoot, if any suggestions.

Please notice:
No iron ore/steel mills because none in Denmark.
Various cities with 0 (zero) habitants - only to name specific, large, significant industry. How should this otherwise be done?

Any corrections/suggestions are welcome.

/Thor
Attachments
Danmark 0.9.1.scn
2048*2048 SCN!
(2.28 MiB) Downloaded 562 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Turn on "allow multiple industries of the same type per town" and "allow similiar industries to be built close to eachother" in the patches window
thor
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thor »

MeusH wrote:Turn on "allow multiple industries of the same type per town" and "allow similiar industries to be built close to eachother" in the patches window
Yes - got that - and I'm using it. But I would like to name some big farms and forests with real names - which are NOT town names.

/Thor
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Naming industries is currently impossible.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL SCENARIO DEVELOPERS

I'm sorry to announce OTTD developers let me pick only ten scenarios to be included with the game package.

It's a very difficult choice to me because of quality of your work and effort you had put into the scenarios.
It is impossible to pick "ten best scenarios" without unfair selection.
I won't look at the wiki, so I won't remember who made what map. I don't remember it at all. I will just try to guide myself with the map quality and gameplay factors.

Hopefully for some scenario developers, I will choose maps of different sizes and climates.

It will be possible, however, to download other scenarios from OTTD website.
<Darkvater>pick out the 10 best scenarios. Make it a healthy mix of small/big maps
<Meush> why only 10?
<Darkvater>because we don't want a too big download
<Meush> what's with rest of scenarios?
<Darkvater>additional download on website
Best regards,
Amadeus W
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

If the rest of the scenarious will be on the OTTD official page I don't see what is the difference.

MeusH, you can help yourself (maybe!) if you make a pool so the community guides you in the choise :D.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
proudmoore
Director
Director

Post by proudmoore »

To Thor - to name sites, just use signs in the map editor. Admittedly, they can be removed by the player, but thet's their problem if they no longer no what everything is.
For Knowledge, Civilisation, and Chocolate Waffles!
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

The difference is that the 10 included scenarios are bundled with the release so EVERYONE will have them. On the website only interested people can download them.

I hope MeusH made some tough choices because it is soon time for a release. We can up the number to 16 maps :) 5 of temperate/arctic/tropical and 1 toyland?

/me is in a good mood.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”