Gonewacko´s Internet Explorer Version 1.0

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Gonewacko´s Internet Explorer Version 1.0

Post by GoneWacko »

Hi there ppl! I´m currently working on my own internet explorer :) I´m using Delphi Enterprise to create it, (it´s really more like an internet explorer component though ;()...

Currently It´s working but It´s not yet stable...

When I get better at making delphi stuff, I´ll make a programm that uses sockets and stuff like that, not some stupid component from Internet Explorer... That means that i´ll be creating my own browser some day!

I would like to know what you guys would like inside of the browser... like things that should have a shortcut, things that should be easier, etc.

EDIT: I´m not saying that you should download it when it´s done, but I wanna know what the people want :D
Last edited by GoneWacko on 12 Sep 2002 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

I made my own IE ages ago with VB6
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
Omnislash
Forum Co-Founder
Forum Co-Founder

Post by Omnislash »

Good luck!
ImageImageImageImageImage
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

hehe to Combat:

I am actually starting to become... well... angry is not the word really... irritated neither... I don´t hate you, uhm... well... I just want to say that you always say stuff like ´been there done that´ or ´did it aeons ago´... That´s very nice of you, that you did, but it really is anoying to me. because instead of saying things like omni´s ´good luck´ (tnx, i´ll need it :d) you just do like that´s simple and everybody can do it etc. Hard to explain really... But it makes me feel bad... I am really pretty sucky at programming and I am happy with each idiotic useless program that I can create. You really make it hard for me to appriciate the small stuff...

to omni and the rest :

Tnx! It´ll be harder than I thought from the beginning because I have to define every HTML tag and define what actions should be taken when encountered :D
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
anaconda
Chairman
Chairman

Post by anaconda »

Instead of being irritated, you ask for the source code for his program :) Maybe he can´t give you any.

I gave up on programming a while ago. Because all I might program, would allready have been done, and probably better than I ever would do. But later on, when I studied, I found the source codes of those programs quite usefull, when learning programming.

Anyway, programming in visual basic is maybe not the way to go when programming a good browser. I can guess it´s pretty easy in Visual Basic. Just drag and drop the windows and tools you need and then set up a routine for connecting over tcp/ip.

To be honest, I doubt Combat have programmed all by himself without copying some other guys code or reading from a book. But you never know.

Good luck, GW! And let it be optimized for TT Forums :) If you get it working, I´d like to try it.

A tip though. Remember to put a lot of comments around. That makes it easier to understand later on, or for others.
I'm lost in space. Visiting mother earth once in a while.
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »

GoneWacko, if you use VB6 I can help you with the codes.
Thanks,
Adam Reece.
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

hehe nope strictly Delphi...

and sorry for back then... I allready were pretty irritated

and I´m having difficulty with the resizing of the browser window and the input box for the URL :D hehehe really bugging me actually
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

and sorry for back then... I allready were pretty irritated
happens to all of us once in a while ;)
so no probs
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
CombatGold1
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by CombatGold1 »