(UNIV) Canadian Train Set Development - *Update 11/09/11*

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Here's my GRF config file; I'll get you a screenshot of the trouble.
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Well, here is that nasty bug, that caused so much grief with the game crashing, when another .grf-file was loaded after the CanSet.

If a .grf-file is loaded after the CanSet, and this does not matter whether it is going to have a blue/green or red status flag. Those sub-text strings imbedded in a callback-23 text string become undefined, causing the game to crash. Now with a69, the game no longer crashes, but the text-ID, believed to be undefined, is shown instead.

See images below, if a .grf is below the CanSet, the text-ID's in the D3-range become undefined; but if there is no other .grf below, everything is ok. I have changed absolute nothing in the CanSet, the only thing I did was moving that TramTrack.grf around in the newgrf.cfg. I have also tried the USstation.grf, because that one can be turned off and even if it is turned off while still on the title screen, it won't make a difference. The fact that a .grf is shown in the GRF-Status window and that it is below the CanSet causes troubles.

The verdict : Some text strings properly defined in a .grf are interfered with or even destroyed by other .grf's loaded after the .grf in question. I hope this will help to solve it.

On an other note, here is an unofficial version of v0.2e. I'll let others do some testing.

What has changed :

a) the GP38-2 and its smoking problem, fixed.
b) NG Mail (wood) car and its sparking problem, fixed.
c) All box cars (including mail, livestock etc) with loading states now close the door once 94% full. Quite nice to watch.
d) It is no longer required to have 'unifiedmaglev' switch set to '1'; either '1' or '2' will do the job; recoded the NG Track System.

I hope, I haven't broken anything else - enjoy !
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Hello I have the latest canset ( downloaded from upper post, controlled two times! ) and mine depot vechile winodw shows that poxar cant be refit to foodwagon, but I can? :roll: Its odd?! ( i have seen upper post from OzTransLtd) there it shows food! Canset is last one.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

That is most probably not a bug; it's an inconsistency, which will be adressed in v0.3.

I would say, you have ...

1) the new cargo/industry parameter in newgrf.cfg for food not activated; that is why the 'Cargo (refit to) :' text does not show food.
2) another .grf that introduces food into a temperate game activated; that is why you can refit to food.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Here is a screenshot showing a NG bridge appearing as monorail.
Attachments
Scr1.png
Scr1.png (71.11 KiB) Viewed 1613 times
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Isn't that purno's bridge set? I don't think NG works with it.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

lifeblood wrote:Isn't that purno's bridge set? I don't think NG works with it.
I know NG doesn't work with Pikkas viaduct, it gives odd results, much like this one :P.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Possibly Oskar´s "new routes" project will put an end to all that mess. 8)

regards
Michael
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

OzTransLtd wrote:That is most probably not a bug; it's an inconsistency, which will be adressed in v0.3.

I would say, you have ...

1) the new cargo/industry parameter in newgrf.cfg for food not activated; that is why the 'Cargo (refit to) :' text does not show food.
2) another .grf that introduces food into a temperate game activated; that is why you can refit to food.
Yes its possible! Sorry then, my bad, again! :P
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

krtaylor wrote:Here is a screenshot showing a NG bridge appearing as monorail.
Nice bridges you've got there ... unfortunately those .grf's would need to be modified to make them compatible with the narrow gauge track system. The same applies to some station grf's; there are some that show wrong track graphics for narrow gauge.
MJS
Director
Director

Narrow gauge

Post by MJS »

Help! I forgot to download and activate the Narrow Gauge grf before starting a game, and now I don't have narrow gauge available, only normal and electric... I have set unified bla bla to 1, and added '2' as a parameter to the narrow gauge grf; if I start a new game, all three are available.

However, documentation doesn't tell me how to enable the Narrow Gauge type in my existing game. Is there a way to do so?

Thanks in advance!
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Narrow gauge

Post by OzTrans »

The Candian Set and Narrow Gauge ...
a) you do not need a separate .grf (NGRails) to have narrow gauge track available, the track system is built into the CanSet and needs no parameters.
b) Why you haven't got NG available in an earlier save game, I don't know. But check/try the following :

1) remove NGRails from newgrf.cfg
2) check your version of CanSetw.grf. The latest official one is v0.2d, but try v0.2e (available a little bit further up on this page), it seams to be pretty stable.
3) try Cht: ResetVehicles, it may solve the problem.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Thanks for your help (and for pointing me to version 0.2e)...but unfortunately, it didn't work.

These are my newgrfw.cfg and my savegame.
Attachments
TRP15.SV1
(293.34 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
newgrfw.cfg
(1.15 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

MJS wrote: ... savegame without NG track ...
I started the save game, there was indeed no NG track system; I then fiddled with a few cheats and it suddenly appeared. Your save game must have been somewhat corrupted, it's now about 6k larger.

Here is your re-saved 'save game'; try it and let me know if NG does not show up ...
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Works perfectly! Thanks a lot! (Okay, I'm nine years back in time, but I can fix that with the Cht: Year sign myself ) :)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I was wondering if the following changes were possible? The pulpwood and woodchip cars would make more sense coming from a sawmill than a forest, and finished lumber could be sent to a factory instead of goods being created by a Sawmill.

Trucks would be needed for this new industry, but I've already got the railcars in place. The Sawmill would then produce 3 cargoes (Lumber, Pulpwood and Woodchips) as opposed to 1 (Goods)

Comments?
Attachments
Rework of Forestry Industry
Rework of Forestry Industry
ForestProposal.gif (4.19 KiB) Viewed 1229 times
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> Comments?

Yes, I´m implementing the sawmill for temperate and alpine climate like this, using the ECS notation, i.e. products of a sawmill would be "wood products" (cargo-slot 13h, cargo-bit 13h).

To have products differentiated even further, Csaba will implement "cargo sub-texts" for goods as well, which would give us the possibility to have the sawmill products named e.g. "wood products(pulpwood)" or "wood products(lumber)".

regards
Michael
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Does it also allow price to vary?
Cause im pretty shure pulpwood per ton costs more than woodchips per ton.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Akalamanaia wrote:Cause im pretty shure pulpwood per ton costs more than woodchips per ton.
That would be an issue if you were buying and selling the product, but you're not, you're just transporting it.

In the real world, a ton of gold is worth about 350,000 times as much as a ton of coal, but you don't get that much more for transporting it in TTD. ;)
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

PikkaBird wrote:
Akalamanaia wrote:Cause im pretty shure pulpwood per ton costs more than woodchips per ton.
That would be an issue if you were buying and selling the product, but you're not, you're just transporting it.

In the real world, a ton of gold is worth about 350,000 times as much as a ton of coal, but you don't get that much more for transporting it in TTD. ;)
Its still a valid issue when transporting, afterall the price per ton defines how much money you get in the end.

Return to “Graphics Development”