[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Scia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Scia »

Alpine looks like a nice map. only I see much rectangular areas. Maybe he could make that a little bit smoother. Shouldn't be too much work in comparison with the work he put in to make those mountains.

Regards,

Scia
webfreakz.nl
Director
Director
Location: Localhost, 127.0.0.1, [The Netherlands: South Holland-> Westland]

Post by webfreakz.nl »

MeusH wrote:Folks, what do you think about "Alpine" Map by Wolf_01 (page 2 of this thread)?
I like it, but there should be some more industries ?
# Programming is like sex, one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life. (Michael Sinz)
Pon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pon »

Update to my Island Chain scenario, along the lines of the suggestion by MeusH:

Added a new island chain in the western corner of the map.

If you want to see the differences between this and the first version, my original post is on page 12 of his thread, here. :D
Attachments
Island chain.scn
Island chain scenario, version 2.
Temperate Climate.

Again, the mainland town names are from the NE of Scotland, and the island townames from Orkney/Shetland. I think it's an improvement over the default names, anyways :D
(66.18 KiB) Downloaded 362 times
Contours screenshot of the scenario.
Contours screenshot of the scenario.
screenshot-v2.png (17.99 KiB) Viewed 1714 times
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Hi MeusH... I just wondered. Did you review the second entry of my North England scenario? I reposted a few hours after my first upload - and I think you may have reviewed the first (non-working) version, rather than the later version.

Anyway here is the link: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=369765#369765
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Pon wrote:Update to my Island Chain scenario, along the lines of the suggestion by MeusH:

Added a new island chain in the western corner of the map.

If you want to see the differences between this and the first version, my original post is on page 12 of his thread, here. :D
Very nice. Hard to bridge to some of those islands. I like it.
BTW... the new island chain is in the SE using the openttdcoop orientation:

Code: Select all

N  E
 \/
 /\
W  S
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Firework Photography
IvanDK
Engineer
Engineer

Online testing of Denmark Scenario

Post by IvanDK »

Hi,

my "Denmark Scenario" is runing online now, so it is geting the big test now.. :)
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

richk67 - I've just downloaded the newest (current) version of north england... and *bump* - savegame format error

Pon - Mmm I really like this map :) It's great! The hilly islands are much realistic and and difficult to make routes, especially those huge, rail junctions :)

Wolf_01 - Comments in the main 0.4.5 scenario listing
[Link to the thread]
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

MeusH wrote:richk67 - I've just downloaded the newest (current) version of north england... and *bump* - savegame format error
OK I'll have a try at debug tomorrow.
Firework Photography
Pon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pon »

Glad it's liked! :)

Having looked it over, I'm not too sure there's anything else I'd like to change about it, so unless anyone has a suggestion, I guess it's the final version, and ready for merging, if it's still wanted 8)
richk67 wrote: Very nice. Hard to bridge to some of those islands. I like it.
Hum, I blame MeusH for that mistake... his suggestion mentioned it being as the south-western corner being empty...

The fact I didn't notice the mistake is completely irrelevant :lol:
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

MeusH - So I take it OceanView v2 is fine as it stands. Well I have no problem with it being added.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

i agreed to include my scenario i the game :D
MeusH wrote:[*][/b][/color]Alpine
There are two issues I've found on this almost very good map:
Trees don't work properly - they come from temperate climate.
yes, i switched the climate, the first idea was to made a scenario with a river...
Also... do Oilrigs appear in sub-arctic scenario?
... then i changed idea to make a norwegian fjord with a oil rig...
Don't use additional grfs, like temperate tiles (which cause problems like above)
Also I think there are too many forests... But maybye that was your plan. Please post
lumber should be the principal resource in that map, so there are many forests, also some metal mines and farms on the cliffs

i will try to correct these problems (trees and oilrig) without using the temperate set, give me some days

here is the scenario, instead of delete trees and industries i deleted all the things to convert it properly to arctic, so took me less time, but the scenario seem the same as the previous

there is the grass because i modded the graphics files directly i didn't used a grf, so i have to use an original file to see how it looks with the brown terrain instead of the grass, but the only change is the terrain
Attachments
screenshot
screenshot
alpine.png (327.1 KiB) Viewed 8922 times
Alpine.scn
the scenario
(112.61 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Pon wrote:
Hum, I blame MeusH for that mistake... his suggestion mentioned it being as the south-western corner being empty...
Yeah, my fault. It was easter corner and I've got no idea why I wrote SW o_O Sorry anyway.

Moriarty: It's fine IMO

Wolf01: do as you wish, but note not everybody (95%) of players don't use that recolouring set, so they would see temperate trees below and over snowline. Also oilrig presentance may cause bugs, but let developer say more abou this
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

MeusH wrote:
Pon wrote:
Yeah, my fault. It was easter corner and I've got no idea why I wrote SW o_O Sorry anyway.

Moriarty: It's fine IMO

Wolf01: do as you wish, but note not everybody (95%) of players don't use that recolouring set, so they would see temperate trees below and over snowline. Also oilrig presentance may cause bugs, but let developer say more abou this
i removed all temperate things, is fully arctic now, the only thing is the terrain, i modded the trpxx.grf file, other players will see the terrain brown
Bot_40
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bot_40 »

MeusH wrote: Dinora Islands
Mmm... more water :) This is also a very good map. Trees make the islands interesting and one can't say this map is too flat and lacks detail
mmm, glad you like it, would love it to be included in the next release, would be nice to give something back to the project for once ;)
Anything you think needs changing/improving?
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Bot_40: maybye some rocks on areas without trees. Anyway, this is one of the maps that lead the quality level :) Very interesting idea on making map

Wolf01: That's good, I'll download the newer version this morning. I really like your map, it is also very good :P
Pon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pon »

MeusH wrote:Yeah, my fault. It was easter corner and I've got no idea why I wrote SW o_O Sorry anyway.
Ahh, I was just messing around, no worries :)

Anyways, I got a little unexpected free time due to work being less busy that expected this year, so I decided to make a start on a new scenario - this time for toyland.

Still in development, but the basic map shape is done, so let me know what you think!
Attachments
Screenshot Resolution: 1024*768<br />Climate: Toyland<br />Status: development (land mass only)<br /><br />Inspired by Akalamanaia's comment about Purno's Toy Train map, kinda, where he said the map could be train shaped. Except, I used a birthday cake 'cos I was hungry :D
Screenshot Resolution: 1024*768
Climate: Toyland

Inspired by Akalamanaia's comment about Purno's Toy Train map, kinda, where he said the map could be train shaped. Except, I used a birthday cake 'cos I was hungry :D
bcake-maponly.png (53.24 KiB) Viewed 1550 times
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

yeah, looks good, maybe if is a little bigger (512*512 for ex.) there will be enough space to build also in the candles

with grayscale heightmaps will be cool if ingame terraforming is prohibited to mantain the scenario intact.. this mean that scenarios would be more difficult than random games
Proteus
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Proteus »

Last edited by Proteus on 16 Sep 2006 17:21, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry my bad english.
LordOfThePigs
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LordOfThePigs »

Hello,

here a map that took me quite some time to build. It will end up beeing a scenario of switzerland, but for now I only have the geography of the country. It's a 2048x1024 map, so you'll have lots of space to play with (and I'll have lots of villages to place ;) )

Tell me what you think about it!
Attachments
A view of the map
A view of the map
swissmap.png (80.7 KiB) Viewed 1768 times
Switzerland_big.scn
The scenario
(475.28 KiB) Downloaded 508 times
Sometimes I'm told "Brilliant"...
Sometimes I'm told "Charming"...
And Often I'm told "Shut Up"!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

/me hopes it's arctic. It looks marvellous!

EDIT: Don't have OpenTTD installed here at school, so I can only judge on the screenie.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”