London Underground (LUG) Set [WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

csuke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

London Underground (LUG) Set [WIP]

Post by csuke »

Ok this is very much in the first stages, we haven't even got a tracking table up yet, but it will be basically everything from londons underground network through the years, a small teaser is available already though

I am hoping to code this all myself, thought this might change when i find the inevitably hard bits

The tracking table will soon be up at: http://www.users.tt-forums.net/lug/

Thanks very much to orudge for providing the hosting space and url :)
Attachments
LUG.grf
(18.34 KiB) Downloaded 1044 times
Last edited by csuke on 17 Dec 2005 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Didn't we already got some London Underground set?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno wrote:Didn't we already got some London Underground set?
Wasn't that for Locomotion?
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

I think there was one, it was originally the "LUL set topic" until some people complained its similar to a swear word. I think it was merged with the BR Set.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Born Acorn wrote:it was originally the "LUL set topic" until some people complained its similar to a swear word.
IIRC it was Hyronymus who 'complained'
'Complaining' is a too big word, cause I think Hyr only mentioned it.
And yes "lul" means "dick" in Dutch
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
csuke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by csuke »

well if LUG means anything rude in any language, dont worry, it won't be staying, just until we find a better name ;)
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Hehe, I tried to draw a London Underground train once, I'll post it as soon as I find it for you all to laugh at! :wink: Great idea though. We could ask Jim Powers to make a 'London' scenario, like his NYC scenario, with subways and space for stations. I'd play that! :D
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

Nice to see this up.
csuke, do you still want those LU trains from me (or are those the ones in there?
It's not me in my avatar, it's a time lord!

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so.
-Douglas Adams
MjD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MjD »

Born Acorn wrote:I think there was one, it was originally the "LUL set topic" until some people complained its similar to a swear word. I think it was merged with the BR Set.
Nup, there is a seperate topic in locomotion about London underground. I was thinkin of adding some underground trains, but the london one doesn't interest me due to my scottishness :lol:
::::: WIP -- British Rail Set [BRS] for Locomotion with IA, andel, matloughe, Barry and Jonnie :::::
Researcher for the TTDP BRSet Team. Which is here.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

MajorDuck wrote:
Born Acorn wrote:I think there was one, it was originally the "LUL set topic" until some people complained its similar to a swear word. I think it was merged with the BR Set.
Nup, there is a seperate topic in locomotion about London underground. I was thinkin of adding some underground trains, but the london one doesn't interest me due to my scottishness :lol:
I was talking about TTD.
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Here's the one I tried to draw! Laugh away... Image
It looks like a completely circular train at the back, and square at the front
Attachments
London Underground Train (Unfinished).PNG
London Underground Train (Unfinished).PNG (1.66 KiB) Viewed 16378 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It's not that bad at all. Do you got a pic of the real thing?
Image Image
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

Awww, thanks!:o I used a load of different pics, but mainly This one:

Remember I never finished it, so it doesn't have the red end or anything like that. It's really hard drawing a train with a circular top! :?
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

Really? I find it rather easier.

-Douglas Adams
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Maybe you should do the _ view first, its the easiest, and its size also determines the size of the rest of the views.
csuke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by csuke »

ok i've been playing around with some truck graphics, nothing to show yet though

the way i was planning it the passenger/mail/armoured cars will all have over-rides to go with each specific tube train

the rest of the trucks will be suited for either deep line or sub-surface work depending on the loco hauling them

@lws194: i wasn't sure whether to include your graphics yet as you said some of them were missing the middle door or something? also i'm not sure whether we've got any duplicates with the ones we've drawn so far, as i haven't had that much time to organise things yet, when i get the tracking table up we sohuld have a clearer picture

i've spent a while today completely (almost) reworking the 1995 northern stock, as i suddenly realised it looked nothing like the original, here's the final product so far:
Attachments
northallV2.PNG
northallV2.PNG (4.64 KiB) Viewed 16215 times
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Purno wrote:
Born Acorn wrote:it was originally the "LUL set topic" until some people complained its similar to a swear word.
Me? I can imagine I commented about it but it must've been with a smile from one ear to my other ear on my face. I shall take pictures and upload them next time :roll:.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Hyronymus wrote:
Purno wrote:
Me? I can imagine I commented about it but it must've been with a smile from one ear to my other ear on my face. I shall take pictures and upload them next time :roll:.
Well, isn't that exactly what I said too :wink:
Image Image
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

It is I, lws 1984, great bump-er of topics. I only bump because a) I liked this project and b) am starting to rework my sprites into usable form! (i.e. including the middle door. I have been working on stuff all day (i'm sick) and hopefully can finish at least one today.

EDIT: That's odd. I could of sworn the trains had 3 doors per car per side, but it appears to be only 2 (with the exception of the A stock). Less work for me! All i have to do is some tweaking and shading.

csuke, if you are still here, do you want the Croydon trams reworked for the new trams function?

RE-EDIT: I think I'll post up the sprites I have, but I mistakenly made them all shorter. So, I'll post them in review, then later I'll post the lengthened, re-shaded, re-worked versions.
Attachments
92 stock.png
92 stock.png (4.34 KiB) Viewed 15772 times
59tubestock.png
59tubestock.png (2.38 KiB) Viewed 15766 times
38tubestock.png
38tubestock.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 15767 times

-Douglas Adams
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

More:
The 95/96 stock had something we were toying with for the BR set, the emergency door as breakdown graphics. Also, the A/C stock is actually only for the C stock, the A stock needs two more doors.
Attachments
Drefurb.png
Drefurb.png (3.46 KiB) Viewed 15769 times
A-Cstock.png
A-Cstock.png (3.46 KiB) Viewed 15772 times
95stock.png
95stock.png (5.11 KiB) Viewed 15771 times

-Douglas Adams

Return to “Graphics Development”