Pbs problems

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

WWTBAM

Pbs problems

Post by WWTBAM »

The known bug of a train not being able to reverse. open train 4
Attachments
Trp11.sv1
(217.18 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

That's no bug.
It's a feature, to avoid traincrashes.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

I haven't had time to look at it yet, but if a "Train soandso can't reverse" message, it should be considered a bug I think.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

I have those messages quite often.
They appear when my network is overloaded and trains are starting to turn around at signals after the signalwaittime has expired.
If a train is waiting with his rearend partly in a PBS block which is already occupied by another waiting train then the first train can't reserve a path when ttrying to turn around, because it would intersect with the path of the other train.
The thing that is a bug about this, is that the train that can't reveres releases it's path so that another train is cabable to crash into the first train.
I already reported this bug.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Oh right. The problem with fixing that is if the train doesn't release its own path, it's impossible to find a path because its original path interferes. So I'd have to save the current path, release it, check if it can reverse, and if not restore the old path... not exactly trivial :)
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”