2.0.1 alpha / 2.5 beta discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Crash in alpha 66

Post by George »

Patchman wrote:
George wrote:Trying to build a new vehicle crashes the game. If all the ECS files except town vector are removed from newgrf.cfg, the game is crashed while landscape generation
Hmm, I'm afraid I can't reproduce it, even with the exact .grf files and .cfg files. I can buy all kinds of vehicles without a problem. Is the problem with a specific one maybe?
However, I don't have ttd-rusw.grf. What is that file?
Attachments
ttd-rusw.grf
(11.19 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Image Image Image Image
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Many thanks.
Patchman wrote:... The problem is that many of the properties have non-trivial initialization values. For now, the safest thing to do is just always initialize all properties ...
Yes, that is what I am doing ATM.

I'm fine on the following; but the one property, that caused me problems in the past, is the 'Early Retirement Feature'. There is no 'off' value. Not specifying it takes the value from other .grf's if it can. Specifying 26 00 = means 0 years. This feature is almost an absolute must to get stuck into and implement it.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

The default value of prop.26 is 00, which means 0 years, which means no early retirement. So 00 means off.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Patchman wrote:The default value of prop.26 is 00, which means 0 years, which means no early retirement. So 00 means off.
Well, when I tried that, way back then, it did not work; I got anything from no retirement to ignoring model life to disappearing far too early. Now, of course, I do define property 26 and all is fine.

While on that subject. I cannot get wagons to retire as engines do. Is that actually possible ? Vehicle Life (03h) does not apply and Model Life (04h) and let alone 26h do not seem to work with wagons. Any solution ?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

It may be a bug, I'll have to test that...
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

[wagons don´t get obsolete]

> It may be a bug, I'll have to test that...

<cough> Check back your test .grfs collection. That did never work, since the first version of DB Set XL (Feb. 2004).

regards
Michael
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

my game suddenly (2 game months ago) developed a new pathfinding/pbs bug. As you can see on the screenshot train 61 or 81 decide to start running in circles, trouble is it already reserved a path, but becouse of that it's way is blocked :).
I haven't changed anything on the 'main' layout, I only placed a platform on a totaly differend network. (the goods line).

oh waypoint 1 and 3 are both down along the line so it shouldn't be a problem with 'pocket holes' in the railnetwork.

I haven't used any grf's change the gameplay (newbuildings-industry staions-new monorail-new water)
Attachments
save+patch.cfg.zip
(266.24 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
pbs+pathfinding.png
(278.06 KiB) Downloaded 121 times
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Preventing trains from going in circles in a PBS block is on the to-do list. It means it can't find a good way to its destination and thus picks any random path out of the signal block.

To fix it after it happened, just dynamite (bulldozing won't work) the "stuck" tiles and rebuild them. Note that if this happens it's also likely that a crash will occur there, so it's best to rebuild the junction so that no circular paths are possible or give the lost train a waypoint out of the junction.
Josef Drexler

Flamelord
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Flamelord »

It's even more likely that a crash will occur while the train is starting to leave the junction that it has been circling in, as it un-reserves the tracks before it has left them. At least, that is how crashes occur for me...
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

yeah I know, I fixed it now. I just found it strange that that junction suddenly became to difficult for trains. It was there since 2010 or so and only now it gives problems. I gues is is just a new secret added to the pathfinding of ttd :).
hovering teacup
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by hovering teacup »

game crashes when i click on certains wagons on the purchase list.

can you make something out of this crashlog ?
Attachments
CRASH001.TXT
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
------------------------
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

I'm afraid not. Some text ID has invalid data, it seems. Alpha 68 will have a facility to debug this more easily, so please report this crash again when it happens on a68.
Josef Drexler

OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

hovering teacup wrote:game crashes when i click on certains wagons on the purchase list...
Try to put the .grf in question (what .grf is it anyway ?) last in the newgrf.cfg. If that fixes the problem, then other .grf's do interfere when it comes to text-strings.

I've got this problem in the CanSet with text strings, that contain sub-text strings and I have other .grf's (like Newstatsw.grf or the new industrial station grf) loaded after the .grf in question. Now when clicking on a wagon, the game crashes. If I move those .grf's above mine, everything is ok. It looks to me, as if the text strings are looked up in other .grf's but the one where they actually have been defined.

I'll get back on that, once I'm sure it is not my fault.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

OzTransLtd wrote:Try to put the .grf in question (what .grf is it anyway ?) last in the newgrf.cfg. If that fixes the problem, then other .grf's do interfere when it comes to text-strings.
I've got this problem in the CanSet with text strings, that contain sub-text strings and I have other .grf's (like Newstatsw.grf or the new industrial station grf) loaded after the .grf in question. Now when clicking on a wagon, the game crashes. If I move those .grf's above mine, everything is ok. It looks to me, as if the text strings are looked up in other .grf's but the one where they actually have been defined.
I'll get back on that, once I'm sure it is not my fault.
For me changing the order of files does not help. Some combinations of grfs crash, some not. But no single grf causes the crash :(
Image Image Image Image
hovering teacup
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by hovering teacup »

to Patchman; understood :)

to OzTransLtd; the grf in question is already at the end in the cfg. :)
------------------------
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

hovering teacup wrote:... the grf in question is already at the end in the cfg.
Well, let's wait for a68 then, and see what that brings.
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

I have some problems with the trams.
Normal busses don't stop, or better can't find the tramstation anymore.
They did before with Stevenh's version of A67.
And clicking on the tramstation with the query tool gives me the following crashlog.

I posted my game and config file just yesterday here, if you need it.
Attachments
CRASH005.TXT
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

I seem to have found a (reproducible) crash in a68, probably related to autoslope. When lowering the point marked in the image (go basically due north of where the game loads), TTD crashes every time. This didn't happen in a67. Savegame, ttdpatch.cfg, newgrfw.cfg and crashlogs attached.
Attachments
loweringcrasha68.zip
Relevant files.
(159.66 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
crashwhenloweringpoint.png
crashwhenloweringpoint.png (21.59 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

I just downloaded a68.
Busses can no longer go to a roadstop.
Every bus turns around at a roadstop.

I've tested it in a new game.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
My cfg file
(32.43 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
Axlrose
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Axlrose »

Patch version alpha 68 and just added the new trams graphics. I noticed an empty patch of ground in a city next to my bus station and went to check for information using the button in the upper right hand corner (?) when the game crashed back to the desktop and a small notice about an error with the TTDLOADW.OVL file appeared, asking if I wanted to send the information to Microsoft. Reloading a game and clicking upon the same spot will reproduce the crash - same log information.

Any other information needed, just ask.
Attachments
CRASH000.TXT
(1.54 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

Return to “General TTDPatch”