Passengers no route.

Discuss the free TT-like game Simutrans.
Horse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Passengers no route.

Post by Horse »

I have played Simutrans before.

But now i download the newest version of october but i can build each line but passengers do not take the bus.
I build a line to a factory between al xitties they have workers but nobody goes by bus.
phantom25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by phantom25 »

Now, if you put it this way...

I had the same problem, while switching from .3 to .5 revision.

Try this: delete the existing line affected, recreate it again, using the same stops. Assign all needed busses again to this new line and rename the line, if you wish.

I had the following problem: Oil service from oil field to an "oil-kraftwerk". After installing the 5. revision, at once there was no oil for this powerstation mentioned. Then I realised this : The same oil filed served the powerstation AND an rafinery. Now, Simutrans did this : the oil for the powerstation was REROUTED throught the rafinery! This seems to be a strange bug in rerouting... After deleting both lines and creating identicaly new again, at once the crude oil was waiting for both of them at the oil field. May be here also a bug, means, the passangers are rerouted somehow ?!! Check all your passanger stations...

I thougth this bug was fixed already, but apperantly not yet. It has it's root in an old bug, which I found also in .0 revision (confirmed by other players), where some factories did not generate any input need. This is apperantly fixed in .4 revision, but apparnetly not fully yet.

BR
That is still not all ...
Horse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Horse »

I tried out something and.

even so much passengers travel from one side 10 the other side of the map than travel to the nearest town.

So when you make a 1024 by 1024 map you get in the beginning hundreds with no route.
But when your network expanded the stations will be overloaded.

why are not the most passengers local travellers.
This system is so unrealistic.

I played this game a long time before but now i think nothing is changed. :(
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

Local passengers are about 30%, 30% go to work (=factories) and 30% go to some other cities or attractions.

The number of passengers is based on the size of a city. The larger the city is, the more passengers go to it.

The probability of passenger to the nearest towns will be higher than for larger towns. However, if you only have routes to larger towns, this most likely reduce the number without route.

(Also "without route" count also mail, wich is 1/4 of the amout of travellers. To recive mail or to send mail, a post office at a halt is mandatory.)

Return to “Simutrans”