2.0.1 alpha / 2.5 beta discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

michael blunck wrote:... using saved time for a reasonable translation of all those texts.
I'm using a box, it's called a computer, that does all that work for me ... translating, merging, text ID allocation and making sure they get referenced correctly - This doesn't cost me any time.
Patchman wrote:What about new cargo sets though that you don't know about? Are you simply not going to support them (via cargo class based refitting) ?
No, at this stage, we do not use class based cargo; all is done via individual cargo types. If a new one comes along, like milk and honey, we do not want that suddenly a crude oil tank car, being defined as liquid cargo freight wagon, starts transporting these cargos. If we want the new cargo, it is going to be added, almost instantly, using the above box.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

At least the milk should require refrigeration, and I rather doubt the crude oil tanker has a refrigeration unit. (ie prop 29 should be set to 80 00. Or, more likely, 84 00.)
OzTransLtd wrote:If we want the new cargo, it is going to be added, almost instantly, using the above box.
FVO "almost instantly" that equal "once the users realize that there's a new version and download it"?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

>>> ... and while you are fixing this, you can make this feature an 'opt out of it' one as I do not wish to have it [...]

>> Yeah, using saved time for a reasonable translation of all those texts. 8)

> I'm using a box, it's called a computer, that does all that work for me [...]

Cómo funciona esto? Quisiera pedir hora para el tratamiento. 8)

Michael
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Michael, you should know the rules!!! English only! :D

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

DaleStan wrote:At least the milk should require refrigeration, ...
I was of course giving only a silly example ... I haven't followed all those new cargo scheme discussions, so I do not consider my self qualified to remark any further; except that I think the whole thing with new cargo and industries will require modifications to vehicle sets anyway. I favour that vehicle set creators do decide what is in and out.

Now to something more interesting ...

we have this feature that lets us check what alpha version the .grf is being loaded and we use that if we have used features that where not available in earlier alpha's. But what do gamers see when they use an earlier version, they get this message of invalid sprites instead of the message to use a more recent alpha and they get the impression that .grf is faulty but of course it is not.

Can that be changed, that when an invalid sprite is detected, that the .grf is processed from the beginning anyway at least until action-08 is found and carry out those checks (action-09). It would be nice to see the intended message and not the invalid sprite one.

Code: Select all

1 * 9     09 8B 04 05 39 02 0A 02 01
    2 * 19    0B 03 1F 00 32 2E 30 2E 31 20 61 6C 70 68 61 20 35 37 00 
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

What's the difference between the grfs in those screenshots?

Anyway, the patch always keeps the first error message, if the error is fatal the grf is marked as bad and never processed again.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

DaleStan wrote:At least the milk should require refrigeration, and I rather doubt the crude oil tanker has a refrigeration unit. (ie prop 29 should be set to 80 00. Or, more likely, 84 00.)
FWIW, I have never heard of a refrigerated railway tank car. In the UK, until the 1960s when road transport took over, milk was transported either in tankers externally identical to oil tankers (but often glass or stainless steel lined, for hygeine, and painted white or silver to keep them cool), or, for less-than-industrial quantities, in churns in (again unrefrigerated) vans or mail cars.

Back on topic, I'm following this topic with interest, and will endevour to make my train sets as newcargos-compatible as possible.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

I commented the 'invalid sprite' out, so that I could see my message working. The sprites (in prev post) are my very first two sprites.

That's the 'invalid sprite' reported, which is perfectly ok in a57 but not in a52 :

3380 * 15    02 00 9E 82 60 28 00 FF 01 FE FF 00 02 41 FF
But when I check within a started game and see that grey box with the triangle; there is the graphics ID and all the text from action-08 together with the 'invalid sprite' message and not the 'incorrect alpha' one.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Hmm. Yes.

Normally action B is skipped during initialization. If the "invalid sprite" message is generated during initialization, it becomes the first message and is retained.

There is an undocumented (apparently...) way of forcing action B to apply at initialization: set bit 7 of the severity. However in my brief tests, that didn't work anyway.

This is rather unsatisfactory...
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Just tried that ...

The linter doesn't like that idea either :

//!!Error (150): Invalid severity byte.
    2 * 19	 0B 83 1F 00 32 2E 30 2E 31 20 61 6C 70 68 61 20 35 37 00
Forcing it through; I get the messae '-1990 ton of grain'.

I'll leave that then with you.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Well, it's undocumented, hence I had no way[0] of knowing about that. Local source was just fixed; it'll be in the next NFORenum release. (Soon after a66, assuming I get all my as-yet-untested changes working.)

Another workaround is:

0*0 09 <test goes here> 02
0*0 0B <...>
0*0 09 <test that's always true> 00
In this case, the severity can have bit 7 either set or un-set.

[0] OK, so I could have read the TTDPatch source, but that doesn't strike me as a useful way to spend my time.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

DaleStan wrote:Well, it's undocumented, hence I had no way[0] of knowing about that. ...
How could you have known, nobody is blaming you. I just mentioned it so you could cater for it once it is working.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

DaleStan, many thanks for the workaround, it works fine; but if I put the 2nd act-09 after act-08, it works even better. That way, I get the message in the startup screen and if proceeding into a game, not only is the message shown in the .grf window but the graphics file's description, ID etc is also there. Perfect.

1 * 9       09 8B 04 05 39 02 0A 02 01
2 * 19      0B 03 1F 00 32 2E 30 2E 31 20 61 6C 70 68 61 20 35 37 00

3 * 184     08 06 43 41 53 61 ...

4 * 9       09 8B 04 04 3A 02 0A 02 00
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Crash in alpha 66

Post by George »

Trying to build a new vehicle crashes the game.
If all the ECS files except town vector are removed from newgrf.cfg, the game is crashed while landscape generation
Image Image Image Image
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Crash in alpha 66

Post by wallyweb »

George wrote:Trying to build a new vehicle crashes the game.
If all the ECS files except town vector are removed from newgrf.cfg, the game is crashed while landscape generation
This may or may not be related to George's problem:

1. I am using alpha66 and I do not have any ECS files loaded.
2. With all of George's lv's turned off I am able to build the TTD trucks without any problems.
3. With George's lv's turned on I can build the lv busses.
4. With George's lv's turned on I can not see any trucks, lv or TTDX, to build.
5. With George's lv's turned on the GRF Status window appears as below.
Attachments
AI manager wants Mercedes v. 3
AI manager wants Mercedes v. 3
lv_issue_a66.png (6.11 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Crash in alpha 66

Post by George »

wallyweb wrote:
George wrote:Trying to build a new vehicle crashes the game.
This may or may not be related to George's problem:

1. I am using alpha66 and I do not have any ECS files loaded.
2. With all of George's lv's turned off I am able to build the TTD trucks without any problems.
3. With George's lv's turned on I can build the lv busses.
4. With George's lv's turned on I can not see any trucks, lv or TTDX, to build.
5. With George's lv's turned on the GRF Status window appears as below.
I confirm the problem with actions 7 and B.
When I test the condition 6 (GRF loaded) in action 7 I get the true value even if the grf is below in the newgrf.cfg
I think it means all the GRF should be recoded due the new action B handling in alpha 66
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

I му got problem with making AI manager working in alpha 66. Previously, the following check allowed to check the required files

//  Check for other files being loaded
//  Check for Mercedes trucks. Skip the rest of file if will not activated
   44 * 9	 07 88 04 08 4D 65 6F 07 02
   45 * 62	 0B 02 1F FF 4C 6F 6E 67 20 76 65 68 69 63 6C 65 73 20 76 33 BE 2E 20 4D 65 72 63 65 64 65 73 20
	         54 72 75 63 6B 73 20 66 69 6C 65 20 68 61 73 20 74 6F 20 62 65 20 6C 6F 61 64 65 64 00 00
   46 * 6	 07 83 01 03 04 00
Now it reports the error, while the file is loaded. (the previous rar contains all the reqiured files)
Image Image Image Image
The Irish
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by The Irish »

Nobody seams to have noticed this yet. Only happens in A66:

When managing a competitor and buying some RVs in Company colours, the RVs get the company colour of the main player 1, not of the managed company. Seams to happen only since A66. I don't know if it is happening also with trains, airplanes or ships, but for sure with RVs

Stupid me forgot .cfg files and savegame. Hope you can use the screenie anyways for something. Maybe I can post it tommorrow.
Attachments
company colours.png
company colours.png (123.99 KiB) Viewed 1950 times
*** Ce French Train Set ***
*** Visit my transport related pictures on Flickr ***
ImageImageImageImageImage
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
"A committee is a group of men who individually can do nothing but as a group decide that nothing can be done" (Fred Allen 1894-1956 US radio comic).
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Minor flaw with refitting capacity callback (15), been around for quite some time. I can live with it, but it may be worth investigating it.

When refitting from one cargo type to another, where the amount of cargo is the same but the weight of one unit of cargo is different, refitting fails to set amount/weight correctly.

Examples :

- refitting primary cargo Goods (30 crates = 15 t) to Food (30 t) results in Food (15 t);
- refitting primary cargo Food (30 t) to Goods (30 crates = 15 t) results in Goods (60 crates);
- but, refitting primary cargo Goods (30 cartes = 15 t) to Food (31 t) will be correct > Food (31 t), because amount 30 / 31 is different.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

What does the callback return in each case?

Unless there's a bug, cargo weight should have no bearing when using the capacity callback.
Josef Drexler

Return to “General TTDPatch”