TTD Urban Renewal: a massive day to night conversion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

TTD Urban Renewal: a massive day to night conversion

Post by Andrex »

Finally, in an exclusive and unique special preview I am releasing some pics of my work, which is the reason why every day I go to sleep at 5 AM.
There are 3 screenshots, and I hope you like them. I will release this work after all items in the "To Do List" disappear. You can help me with that or other stuf if you want, and I will give you the proper credit for it.

I have created the following site specially for new graphics, and there you will find my work:
Go to TTD Urban Renewal

You can also send me your new graphics so I can add it in the same page.
That page does not have pop ups, like the rest of my pages. That is because the screenshots are GIF and big in size.

Modifications done in this project:

- All the items in the map have new lighting that simulates the night illumination effect.

- Added normal/fluorescent lights to: all train stations, bus stations, road vehicles depot, almost all temperate climate buildings and houses, parks, small and large airports, all rail, monorail and maglev engines, absolutely all vehicles (front, back, and side lights), oil rig, etc.

- Added different sequences of flashing lights to: top of tall buildings (including cranes in buildings under construction), oilr rig, airports, heliport, etc.

- Changed the runway light of large airport, added lights to the runway of small aiport (already redesigned by Mr. Hunt at TTD Forums), added fluorescent lights under the runway lines.

- Replaced the post-modernist blocky building with one from the sub-tropical climate. The building was redesigned to be taller and look right after the random coloration of pre-definied colors in game. Because of problems with this coloration I had to replace the blocky building.

- Re-painted street lights with dark red and turned them on.

- Re-colored train signals to be brighter.

- Added satellite TV antennas to many buildings, including the company HQ.

- Overall number of modified sprites: Hard to tell. At least 3300 sprites.
Last edited by Andrex on 10 Mar 2014 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I guess Spiff agree to use more than 5 emots
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

.. maybe a bit too much ....

edit by spiff: indeed :evil:
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

My ideas:
- bus stop and station are a bit too dark (small airport to)
- why don't create one BIG change ... (ROB .. don't you think some of your graphic could be use here... and thsi is to others to)
- I will try to find Mr.Hunt ... those monorails will be great here
- change all of building (but later)
- road signs and traffic lights
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

If you read the "To do list" there, I have mentioned the traffic lights addition, with the name of "semaphores".

About the BIG change: If you think that masking 3300 sprites and changing their color was an easy task, you are wrong. My swap file and computer suffered a lot in several nights of trial and error to make the colors look right. However I have robbed the small airport, and I may steal more stuff if I find good things. (with permission from its author)

My next project features the replacement of all buildings, in day light. However making brand new stuff that fits the TTD graphic style not easy. That's why I am not gonna desing the buildings again, but I will change them.
Last edited by Andrex on 12 Feb 2003 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Andrex wrote:If you read the "To do list" there, I have mentioned the traffic lighst addition, with the name of "semaphores".
yes, but outside a city you can give a small road signs and in town traffic lights
Andrex wrote: About the BIG change: If you think that masking 330 sprites and changing their color was an easy task, you are wrong. My swap file and computer suffered a lot in several nights of trial and error to make the colors look right.
I mean you can add other people's graphic...
Andrex wrote: My next project features the replacement of all buildings, in day light. However making brand new stuff that fits the TTD graphic style not easy. That's why I am not gonna desing the buildings again, but I will change them.
To Josef: Is it possible to changing graphic during the game ?? (I was thinking about day/night cycle ...) I know it will take MUCH memory and cpu ... but is it possible ??
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

I have edited my previous post while you was answering it, and I understand now your second topic. :)

About the night/day change, I also like the idea.
And if you think the TTDGraphics file requires MUCH memory (less than 3 MB!!!), you must have a very old computer. With the 256 MB of RAM I have I could run more than 50 TTDs at once without problem.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Yes .. Josef could put a 'switch' for this ...switch would be for 1Ghz and 256 Ram PC's or better
Dinges
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Dinges »

How would you like to change? every day, week, month, year?
Dinges

Who is the other person in me?

my Blog (dutch) - my Last.fm profile

Owner of http://ttdgraphics.cjb.net/ ! Temp addr: http://ttdgraphics.owenrudge.com/
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Dinges wrote:How would you like to change? every day, week, month, year?
one month equal one D/N cycle (or one year)
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

As I said before, I like what you did
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
sultana
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by sultana »

Hehe, ttd Las vegas style :P Looks good
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Looks good, but not for all the time. Maybe change day/night a few times in a gameyear like in Simutrans?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Brilliant work! That is absolutely fantastic! You must have put a lot of effort into it!
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Arathorn wrote:Looks good, but not for all the time. Maybe change day/night a few times in a gameyear like in Simutrans?
maybe.. I think every 2-3 months ...
My ... trains and road vehs would be look great !!!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

OMG. What a tremendous effort have you put in making the game look better, Andres. I think we should invent a alias for you too. Next to the Patchgod and his Archangels we know have two (Micheal Blunck is the other) Kings of Graphic with their vazals (uhmm, look that one up in the dictionairy). Really cool, I am so glad some people DO have the skills to enhance gameplay. I really envy you but that's all I can say or do.
Big Mad Tony
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Big Mad Tony »

Ssssswwwwweeeeeeeeeettttt................

*Dribbles on keyboard*

/me wants!
Person man, person man - hit on the head with a frying pan.
mp3Pro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mp3Pro »

very nice stuff....
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Patchman I know you have read this and I'm waiting for the reply about the in-game day to night conversion. If you try to avoid this work, I will bother you until the end of your days... :P - or until Owen Rudge adds TTDX Configurator to his Transport Tycoon section... 8)
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Sorry, I'm not going to do it. Too much work. I've got other things to finish first. (And Shadow kept saying I'm putting too much stuff in the patch already ;) )

I mean, your work is fantastic and I think it'll make an interesting game experience.

But I don't really see the point of alternating graphics...

TTDPatch is only a hobby of mine. I spend as much time on it as I want, and doing what I want (and what I think worthwhile).

That I share it with other people is just a coincidence...

Why do you think Marcin joined my development effort? It was because I wasn't working on what he considered to be the important things. So now he's doing them himself. You should try that sometime, it's addictive :D
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

I imagined something like that.

OK, I keep working in my project and here is a new cellular phone telecommunications tower ready to download.

WINDOWS VERSION

Keep and eye on the TTD Urban Renewal because I will add other day-light work in there as I do it.
Attachments
cellularphonetower.zip
(7.02 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
Last edited by Andrex on 13 Feb 2003 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General TTDPatch”