Buldozing signal-track

Got an idea for a new feature in TTDPatch? Post it here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Buldozing signal-track

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I just played TTD a second and found that there is 1 thing that annoys me very much
it's that I would like to remove a piece of track with buldoze that has got a signal on it (I can only do that with plain tracks)
it's very not friendly when I have double tracks on 1 square
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 1016 »

I am never using that bulldozer, because "5" is the hotkey for the dynamit :-D. The bulldozer is somewhere (too) far right on the toolbar.

In a different sense, I agree with you. (Look at the screenshot beyond).
However, I don't know anything about coding, so I quickly shut up again. :oops:
Attachments
argh.gif
argh.gif (56.77 KiB) Viewed 3374 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

1016 wrote:I am never using that bulldozer, because "5" is the hotkey for the dynamit :-D. The bulldozer is somewhere (too) far right on the toolbar.
The bulldozer is the back-tick (`); just to the left of the 1.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 1016 »

DaleStan wrote:The bulldozer is the back-tick (`); just to the left of the 1.
Not on my keyboard layout :P.

Okay, one could make up his own hotkey list in ttdpttxt.dat ... But I rather leave that bulldozer discriminated.
Chris Sawyer certainly knew why he has put this pathetic tool somewhere out of sight, didn't he?
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

and on my keyboard it works randomly with the shift pressed or without the shift. (but I'm rather fast now with just pressing it twice, once with and once without shift :)) and I'm using a US-keyboard so it should work normally.
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Buldozing signal-track

Post by aahz77 »

BUMP!!!

Sorry for digging up a 2-year-old topic, but it was the only one describing exactly the idea that just came to my mind (The alternative would have been a new thread, but 1016's screenshot a few posts above perfectly visualizes the problem).

When you want to remove one of two signals on a double-tracked diagonal tile, you have to remove both signals. Since it's possible to place a signal on only one side, and even changing the type one-sided, could the removement be adapted to that behavior?

Background: On tight junctions, when you have to rearrange signals, it can be quite annoying when you have to re-place a signal that had to be removed along with the opposing one on the diagonal track tile.
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Buldozing signal-track

Post by Rob »

I usually remove the signal by removing that part of the track completely and then rebuild it.
Not as easy but still better then removing both signals.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around

Return to “Suggestions”