Speed display bug

Got a problem with TTDPatch? Get help here.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Speed display bug

Post by Steve »

Bug
The speed of a multiheaded train is not shown correctly until it has left the depot for the first time or the train has been modified. This bug refers to dual-headed trains, those that are bought in two parts, each part giving a speed boost. In fact, the speed shown is the eqivilent of just having the one train, not both.

Steps to reproduce
From the default config, turn multihead on (multihead 35 works)
Start a new game and find a dualheaded train, such as the SH '125' of 1977.
The speed in the details will show 104, instead of 125, until you edit the train or it leaves the depot.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Confirmed. However, it fixes itself as soon as you add wagons, or even if you move one of the engines, so I'm not sure how urgent this needs to be fixed.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yeah, not the top priority. It is a bug, though, so I suppose it belongs in the to-do list - at the bottom of it. :lol:
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

When I first saw it, I thought it was only fixed when the train left the depot, so I classed it as quite important. Then i started expeimenting for writing this post and realised there wasn't much to it. Oh well.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Fortunately Patchman made up his mind before krtaylor told him what to think of it. Otherwise you should've blamed krtaylor for classifying it as a low-priority bug (rendering Patchman's own decisive powers null and void).
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Or, I was agreeing with Patchman... :roll:
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Agreeing is more like yes/no without adding any indication of your personal opinion. If you do include a personal opinion it's advising, not agreeing.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

The Forum Rules wrote:Spam of any kind is not tolerated here under any circumstance. The term "spam" includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited commercial marketing, flooding, boasting about post counts and single-word posts (for instance, a post only containing a smiley). Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
I wasn't aware that you were a mod now.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

krtaylor wrote:
The Forum Rules wrote:Spam of any kind is not tolerated here under any circumstance. The term "spam" includes, but is not limited to, unsolicited commercial marketing, flooding, boasting about post counts and single-word posts (for instance, a post only containing a smiley). Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed.
I wasn't aware that you were a mod now.
No, but the majority of #tycoon are voting for that.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Ken, where did I call your reply spam? All I said was that your reaction was somewhat of the amusing kind. The way I read it was as if you attempted to steer Patchman into a certain direction. That was all that I pointed to.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Well, I've got no problem with you finding my posts amusing. Half of them, at least, are meant to be. Your post came across as an attack.

Return to “Problems with TTDPatch”