year 2070 bug?

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

year 2070 bug?

Post by Doclouis »

Hi out there!
After having played TTD with Michael Blunk's DB XL Set (using the latest TTD Patch and the TTDX Configurator) for a while, I suddenly had to watch my trains change their colours on their own. The blue-white and red-white passenger cars of the 1990s changed their colours to the 1980s scheme by 1.1.2071. I first thought, that this happened due to a bug of the graphics set. But It also happend to the American train set.
Umm, I changed the year 2070 option with the patch, but the trains still keep on to change their colours. :cry:
Does anyone have an idea how to stop this? Is it possible to built different coloured trains, though the game is not in the scheme's decade?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

This could be either a bug in the respective graphics sets, or a side-effect of the "eternalgame" switch. Hard to say...
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

The point is, that this never happened before in the US-set savegame. I am using different folders for European and US-Games, so also different versions on ttd-patch.
For the DB-set I have been using the latest patch, for the US-set an older one until a few days before. After having updated the US-patch, the trains changed colours with the next 1.1.
Is there maybe some sign-cheat or something like that to use different coulored trains? So I could build 1990s cars, though the date of the savegame is already 2070...
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

You haven't by any chance used the "Cht: Year" sign cheat? That will mess up year-dependent train liveries, due to an internal limitation of the cheat.

And no, there's no cheat to force trains to have certain liveries.
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

No I haven't. I didn't even know about this patch.
I have been playing this certain US savegame for a couple of years by now, using the American Transition Set for about half a year ago, when the date of the savegame was already past 2070.
But the liveries of cars changed first time now after having updated the patch.
I started the DB set game 3 months before, using always the latest patch version, and the liveries changed by 1.1.2071. So I don't know, if it's the set, or the patch, neither how to stop it.
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

If this bug is a patch-bug, which version of the patch would be fine, i.e. without changing liveries?
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

If you find out the exact version that breaks it, by experimenting, and tell me, maybe I can fix it.
Josef Drexler

Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

Ok, I'll try!
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

Ok, I have checked a lot of possibilities by now. First to mention, all the patch versions running with the DB XL set show this year 2071 bug.
But when you use the year-cheat to jump back to 1995, rebuild the trains to the 90s livery, they won't change them, when time hits 2071 the next time.
I tried to check this bug with the American transition set, but I don't have a savegame before 2071 to do this properly (i.e. w/o using the year-cheat).
A great thing would be to make a future version of the DB XL set to have all the liveries free to choose, when they have come available. Maybe by striking a special key, when building. That would make the game more colourful, and easier - as you can have different coloured trains for different lines or routes...

Return to “Graphics Development”