2CC Ship Set (Former North American Ship Set) - *Relaunched*

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Lt gable
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Lt gable »

you should try to make some victory ships or some world war two ships cause they were very present in all the oceans until the 70's
there are things known and things unknown and in between are the doors.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Actually, the Austin/Pickersgill GCV in MB's set is a Victory ship I believe
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

NICE trawler, but is the model not a little to modern to let is appear in 1920? it would be fine to start from 1960 and you need an older type for the years before.
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Not really, I've seen wooden trawlers that looked A LOT like that. The big "Factory Trawler" is in the works for post 1960.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

But you still have the ships limit problem.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

:roll: That's why certain ships will overlap the current ones in the NewShips set much like the Canadian set overlaps the USSet. Most of NewShips will still be in Tropic, but Arctic and Temperate will use the North American ship sets. The trawlers will use the car carrier slot and something else I haven't decided on yet
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Yes, but I mean, you still have to be left with enough ships to carry all the possible cargoes.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Yeah, I know. A general cargo vessel may be in the cards too.
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

*Wipes the dust off this thread yet again*

Here is the first ship in the North American Ship Set. More will follow at some point in time (Hopefully soon)

Coded by Pikkabird, those of you who want a fishing boat in 1921 needn't worry - Here it is. Usable in all 3 climates (I hope).

It replaces the livestock carrier in the NewShips set and must be loaded after newships in your newgrf.cfg
Attachments
Fishing Boat.zip
Fishing Boat
(6.41 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

*Downloaded*

Can't wait to try this turkey out!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

This is really cool Dan and I can't wait to try it. :)
Just one small problem ... the game I'm currently playing relies heavily on shipping and I NEED a livestock carrier. :( as well as the fishing boat.
Now I'm going to have to spend a zillion dollars to build a small island and two long bridges to get the cows to market. Look for a bill in your mailbox. :lol:

Now that this is rolling again, a suggestion for when you get around to the passenger ships ... don't forget to include a tourist refit option, especially for the later years when they shifted away from schedules and moved to tours.

The Canadian / North American scenario begins to fill out ... hmm ... I wonder what it would take to get patchman and his team to add skidoos to the vehicles list ... 8)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Double post but I's justs a dumb fisherman trying to make a living.

You bys want me to replace me fleet of Austin Pickersgils wid your fancy new fishing boat but it don't make no conocomical sense to me dumb little fisherman mind.

First, me boats kin carry 190 tons a fish ... yours only 120 ... you're 70 tons shys of a full load.
Me boats costs me $7218 a year a boat ... yours costs $7436 ... that's an extra $218 a year and not a guv'mint subsidy in sight.
Me boats gives me 21 mph at the turn of the screw ... yours only gives 18 mph ... that's 3 mph shy of "fresh".

Sure your boats is cheaper at $34530 a shot compared to $55858 buts I's gotta buy an' crew more of 'em just to keep up the tonnage and the $7000 trade in you're offerin' just don't cuts it.

It don't take no genius wid a computer or a calculater to figure dis one out. We fishermen ain'ts as dumb as you fancy pants landlubbers likes ta tink.

So whats ya bys gonna do 'bout it?
Attachments
Don't make no economical sense
Don't make no economical sense
shipcosts.png (7.59 KiB) Viewed 4777 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Well, eventually, this boat's going to be part of a whole other set and the Pickersgill won't be an issue ;)
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: North American Ship Set in Planning

Post by DanMacK »

OK, time to do some serious topic digging. In amongst all of my other projects, I've never lost sight of this one. I asked lead@inbox to do up a sternwheeler and a sailing ship, and he's done an excellent job with tboth of them. This combined with the early years in OTTD, plus the raising of the ships limit has rekindled my interest in this project.

A version will still be made to support TTDPatch, and th set is designed taking this into consideration. THat said, several of the earlier ships and possibly some later ones won't be in the pathc version.

I'm still working out logistics for this set, both the patch version and the "extended" version

Some ship types I'd like to include that were distinctly "North American" are a Whaleback style freighter, a couple of Great Lakes style 'Lakers', and a couple passenger ships in addition to smaller ferries.

Suggestions and thoughts welcomed
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Dan, good news I'd like to contribute (in a lightweight way) - I need to finish up other sprites I've started/promised. I like ships. More ships is good for the game ;)

I'll PM you.
lead@inbox
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: North American Ship Set - **Revitalized**

Post by lead@inbox »

DanMack, I'd like to join your project :)
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: North American Ship Set - **Revitalized**

Post by Purno »

Sure an interesting project, but I don't think I can help, unfortunately.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

DanMacK wrote:Suggestions and thoughts welcomed
About time you got off your duff and on to something constructive. :wink:
Anything Great Lakes related as well as a cruise ship or two for the west coast passage and some of those Newfie ferries and of course the "Princess of Acadia" is mandatory to get across the Bay of Fundy from Saint John to Digby. Oh yes ... don't forget your little fishing boat. :mrgreen:
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Re: North American Ship Set - **The Wind's back in the sails!**

Post by Digitalfox »

lead@inbox wrote:DanMack, I'd like to join your project :)
GREAT with your graphics and leading of DanMacK, finally we will have a true ships set to make the game far more fun with ships :mrgreen:

I think until now the biggest problem was the ID availability of only 11 slots, but now with engine pool :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: North American Ship Set - **The Wind's back in the sails!**

Post by ISA »

Digitalfox wrote:ID availability of only 11 slots, but now with engine pool
Sorry, what? what is engine pool? Haven't been here awhile so I dont have no idea :)

Return to “Graphics Development”