How to get rid of this water?

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

thany
Engineer
Engineer

How to get rid of this water?

Post by thany »

I want to make a ship line into an efficient train line, but my water already has a lot of bridges over it. Is there a way to remove the water under a bridge? I can destroy 3 or 4 of them, but I can never destroy all 7 bridges...
Attachments
Thany Inc, 21st Jun 2090.png
This is what I'm talking about (duh)
(298.58 KiB) Downloaded 125 times
If builders built building the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization
Conditional Zenith
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Conditional Zenith »

To remove water, you must raise the land above sea level, which then leaves the bridges at ground level.

You have to destroy the bridges, then raise the land. You can leave a dike to stop flooding and then lower the land and rebuild the bridges. There is no other way to do it (except possibly hacking the savegame).
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

If you turn the build-while-paused "cheat" on, you can just clear all the water tiles without raising them, but you still have to build a dike.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

I think it would be nice if someone makes patch... maybye Ctrl+Demolish would bulldoze stuff from under the bridge?

Uh, maybye I'd try :)

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”