US Set available [Trains v0.87.4d released 27 April 2008]

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

The Metra livery appears IRL to come sometimes in burnt orange, sometimes in red. So there's nothing wrong with making the livery more red and less orange. And yes, there's a new F40 base. So if someone wants to use the new F40 base, and put it in red-version Metra livery, then it'll be in the next version. As indeed I want it to be.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Oh good, I thought it was a bug.

Well, we need a Metra trainset to continue, otherwise how are people supposed to build Metra stuff :)).

Thanks guys!
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Dr_Faustos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr_Faustos »

Hi. You've made a Great mod. But I'm encountering one problem with it. I can't play with AI and US set at all, cause when AI starts, game crushes. For example, I try to play your Virginia rails scenario, there AI starts nearly immediatly, on the 2nd or 3d of january, and if I'm using US set, game stops responding to anything even before a message of a new company appears. Whithout US set every thing goes fine, and if Us set installed, and there's no any AI, every thing goes well too.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

That is apparently a bug in TTDPatch.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Correction: It's (kinda) a bug in TTDPatch, but it's tickled by a bug in the USSet GRF. A54 will crash instead of tight-loop, but someone will have to fix callback 18 before the USSet will work with the AI. <strikeout> I'm looking into it, but no guarantees. </strikeout>

(Oracle: The sprite chain is 5375, 5374, 5373, 5301, 5289, 5289. 5289 uses var 42, which is verboten in callback 18.)

EDIT:

Well, it's now working for me. Here are the updated GRFs. I'm away from my usual environment, so I might have mucked up the DOS GRF. If so let me know, and I'll try again.

@Oracle: The main change is the seventeenth byte of sprite 5373:

Code: Select all

- 5373 * 22	 02 00 91 81 86 00 FF 03 85 00 00 01 2F 00 08 09 38 00 0F 0F A0 00
+ 5373 * 22	 02 00 91 81 86 00 FF 03 85 00 00 01 2F 00 08 09 48 00 0F 0F A0 00
I also shortened some sprites with trailing jibberish and set the version to "0.85 (AI fix) (23 Jun 2005)".
Attachments
usset.zip
(318.9 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
ussetw.zip
(324.61 KiB) Downloaded 520 times
Last edited by DaleStan on 23 Jun 2005 07:26, edited 1 time in total.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Shall I put them on the site? Or can someone test the DOS one first?
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Turns out I did do something wrong generating the DOS grf. I've updated my previous post with a corrected (and tested) version. krtaylor, as far as I'm concerned, they're good to go.
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

Again, thank you for finding out exactly what the problem was. I'm sure I would have found it ... eventually. I feel a bit sorry for you though because I know what each bit is supposed to do and my NFO file is full of comments, so well done all the more.
Obviously I can't start from your GRF file and I'd already made some unreleased changes of my own so would it be possible for you to say which sprites had some unnecessary? Or are they just the few sanity warnings that NFORenum finds?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

That would be my luck. I fix something, "because Oracle is not here", and lo-and-behold Oracle shows up.

The overlength sprites were all ones that NFORenum found: 75, 660, 5240, 5242, 5428, 5458, & 5503. I left the trailing FF on 5242 (because I wasn't paying attention), but removed the all the E0s (à).
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

Here's a new bugfix version of the US Stations, after a bug was found with them in another thread. Fixing the AI callback is the main purpose of the release, but there are a few other changes, particularly the snowy country station, so it's worth downloading even if you don't use the AI.

Changes in stations version 0.85.1:
  • Added snow version of country station for use in snowy areas.
  • Changed basic platforms (except gravel) to not alter automatically on station expansion - you will sometimes have to rebuild to keep the correct appearance.
  • Fixed bug with AI callback accidentally using variable 40.
  • Changed pylon appearance on most stations.
P.S. A belated thank you to DaleStan for listing those sprite numbers for me, which I clearly forgot to do a month ago.
Attachments
usstatsw.zip
US Stations set version 0.85.1 for Windows
(50.69 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
usstats.zip
US Stations set version 0.85.1 for DOS
(50.33 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Thankyou to both Oracle and DaleStan - Downloading them now :)).
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Oracle
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Oracle »

I'm going on holiday on Saturday and I wanted to make sure that all my efforts over the last month haven't been in vain before I go - so here's a massively-updated version of the industrial stations.
Basically, I've completely recoded all the stations, which has the major benefits of allowing (near)-unlimited sizes and fewer glitches. I've also included Arte Pro 34's Silverline wood-unloading station (it was under GPL too although he didn't reply to my PM) and Oz's new grain station and steel mill station.
This has not been exhaustively tested so I hope there are not any problems - I won't be around to fix any after tomorrow.

One point to note - you need TTDPatch 2.0.1 alpha 55 vcs 3 or later to use this version, although there should be no need for newcargos.

See the readme for the (not very detailed) list of changes which basically summarises what I've said above.

Enjoy playing!
Attachments
jcindstaw.zip
Industrial Stations Set v0.98 for Windows
(119.12 KiB) Downloaded 2406 times
jcindsta.zip
Industrial Stations Set v0.98 for DOS
(118.05 KiB) Downloaded 1046 times
Last edited by Oracle on 30 Aug 2005 16:13, edited 2 times in total.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Excellent work Oracle, I cant wait to test this out for myself :).
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Awesome :D Can't wait to try this out as well. Thanks man :D
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I will add them to the official download site after a public release of alpha 56. This is because, AFAIK, TTDXC doesn't get any vcs Patch versions automatically, so most people wouldn't even have it. Once a56 is released, assuming these stations work with it, then I'll post it publicly. I don't have a55vcs3 myself.

Arte Pro 34 previously gave permission for the Silverline stations to be reused, it's in the PGS thread somewhere, so no worries about that.
DARK_Overfiend
Engineer
Engineer

RE

Post by DARK_Overfiend »

hi i have a small problem when trying to get this set to work any ideas...
[img]ftp://webmaster%235th-street-corp.co.uk ... ck%201.JPG[/img]
im using the TTDX Configurator the handle my GRF's and updates.
its updated to the latest version.
2.0.1 alpha 56.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Try reading the error.

Turn on newtrains.
DARK_Overfiend
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DARK_Overfiend »

How do i turn them on
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

Add this line to ttdpatch.cfg : "newtrains on" (without the quotes!)
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Start with reading the manual :?
It can't be that hard, you say you use the configurator :)
Last edited by GoneWacko on 14 Aug 2005 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.

Return to “Graphics Releases”