any way to re-enable all vehicles?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

nwa320
Engineer
Engineer

any way to re-enable all vehicles?

Post by nwa320 »

hey,
is there any way to turn back the clock (like in the cheat widow) but then have all the expired vehicles come back, or if that isnt posible is there a way to set vehicle types to never expire. Its really boring playing an airline with only 2 types of planes!
thanx
GARBAGE - The One and Only
New Album (Bleed Like Me) is Awesome
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

there is a "vehicles never expire" option that when enables keeps the old vehicles in your purchase window.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
kwiatysta
Engineer
Engineer

resetengines

Post by kwiatysta »

I used resetengines in the console in order to get expired vehicles back. :)
4AM? Push forward!!
nwa320
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nwa320 »

how do you get this console up?
GARBAGE - The One and Only
New Album (Bleed Like Me) is Awesome
latinoloco
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by latinoloco »

i think its `
MEMBER 6772
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

The classic Tilde button, to the left of the 1 key should do the trick, yes.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

Actually on a uk keyboard (I don't know about others) the tilde (~) tends to be over to the right, either to the right of ['@] or [=+], but the console is still the button next to the 1, or [`¬]
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
Seven Force
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seven Force »

Thief^ wrote:Actually on a uk keyboard (I don't know about others) the tilde (~) tends to be over to the right, either to the right of ['@] or [=+], but the console is still the button next to the 1, or [`¬]
*checks* Yup - we need a better way to refer to it; problem is that "the-key-to-the-left-of-the-one-key" is a bit of a mouthful. :?
latinoloco
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by latinoloco »

i know it as Tilde. but im not sure what it is in english. i know thats wat it is for spanish at least... it adds accents on letters like 'ñ'. makes it pronounced 'ni'. just adds an accent on the n. but the tilde is normally the console key.. eg. counter strike...ottd :)
MEMBER 6772
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

The reason that a lot of people know it as the tilde key is that on their keyboard the tilde ~ is on that key. But it's the ` on the key which is bound to the console, and so even though on a lot of keyboards (eg all uk) tilde is on a different key the ` still brings down the console. I believe the us layout has the tilde on the ` key. IIRC us keyboards have no £, they have # instead, and " and @ are the other way round. Along Because the ~ and # are on other keys, a us keyboard has one less key [#~] than a uk one.
IIRC a german keyboard has Y and Z the other way round. Completely irelavent (spell?) I know, but interesting none-the-less.
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

on my wireless keyboards, the [#~] button is to the right of the right shift... annoying when i first got that keyboard, because you'd seem me write "#hello" instead of "Hello"

but yes, different region keyboards have different layouts. american follows the ASCII pattern, where the UK ones go !"£$%^&*()
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
Arldon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Arldon »

The console is not bringed up when the key above the tab one is pressed, regardless of the keyboard layout?

In French Mac Keyboard, this key is "@", and on PC Belgian keyboards, this is key is a "2" character, placed in exponent.

If you want to know, in the French layout, "A" and "Q", "W" and "Z" are inverted, the "M" is placed left to the "L" key . But the biggest difference is that we had to hold the shift key to have the numbers. That's because we need more "letters" in French than in English (in fact accented characters like : é, è, ê, à, ç, ù..... and some amusing letters like œ and æ).
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

Maybe it should be called the console key? 8)
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
mr.adam
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mr.adam »

This console key-issue reminds me of HEXEN... real good and funny game.. you have to find a lot of silly-named keys to open doors... Castle key, horn key, cave key, lava key, steel key, fire key.....
how can you store a lava key in a purse? : :lol: :D
oVRoM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by oVRoM »

Thief^ wrote:But it's the ` on the key which is bound to the console, and so even though on a lot of keyboards (eg all uk) tilde is on a different key the ` still brings down the console.
Not true, on my Apple keyboard I get the console using the key for the paragraph symbol § (which is next to the 1). The tilde and backtick (`) are between the 'z' and the shift, but do nothing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”