cht:tracks from TTD Patch

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Maverick
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

cht:tracks from TTD Patch

Post by Maverick »

Is there a function similar to TTD Patch's cht:tracks in OTTD?
And I don't mean manually changing all the tracks :)
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Not exactly as the TTDP cheat, but you can select the track conversion tool and drag from one corner to the other of the map. I don't know if OTTD allows scrolling while draging. (if not, that should be fixed. (I think))

I dont know that the terminal (some freeks like to call it the console) has to offer. The manual have some information about the commands avilable in the terminal.

One can also try to open it (press ~ in the game, and type help<enter>. That should generate something like the impresive help in Windows terminal.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
Maverick
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: cht:tracks from TTD Patch

Post by Maverick »

zuu wrote:Not exactly as the TTDP cheat, but you can select the track conversion tool and drag from one corner to the other of the map. I don't know if OTTD allows scrolling while draging. (if not, that should be fixed. (I think))
Maverick wrote:And I don't mean manually changing all the tracks :)
Help appreciated, but not what I was after.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

No, there is no such function in the OpenTTD yet. There is only the "convert_tracks_tool" with which you can convert tracks more gradually (one at the time). For cht: Tracks x there would also have to be support for rail locomotives/carriages to ride on monorail/maglev tracks...
Maverick
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Maverick »

SirkoZ wrote:For cht: Tracks x there would also have to be support for rail locomotives/carriages to ride on monorail/maglev tracks...
And there is'nt?
So how come TTD Patch supported it?
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

it hacked it to make the tracks x cheat work :P but seriously, i think OTTD devs considered it "Unrealistic"
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
Singaporekid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Singaporekid »

bobingabout wrote:i think OTTD devs considered it "Unrealistic"
No, the players do also :P
Which is what I think is the main reason why they didn't make something like that
<+Raichase> ugh, I just ate some of my beard D:
Seven Force
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Seven Force »

bobingabout wrote:it hacked it to make the tracks x cheat work :P but seriously, i think OTTD devs considered it "Unrealistic"
-ish. If I remember correctly there's something in the works about an automatic train converter - but you still have to use the track converter tool. Thank god you can drag it. :)

Return to “General OpenTTD”