[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
yasinko
Engineer
Engineer

Hard Job

Post by yasinko »

In this terrain, there lays 2 continents seperated by a long strait. One shore there are cities with dense population, and beyond the lakes there are timber and iron resources. But these resources must be transported to the steel mills and lumbermills on the other shore, beyond little villages. Respectively, there are farms, coal mines and oil wells on these side, and they must be deported to the big cities to make a profit. Resources and facilities are not by the water and one shore is too dense to allow any space for railroads, that is the challenge.

There are also two cities far away to set up a passenger service, but one is on the top of a hill and not allowing any space for airports, but can it be connected to the world through a bunch of bridges over the archipelagos?
Attachments
Hard Job.scn
Temperate climate.
(37.1 KiB) Downloaded 627 times
These towns won't be eager to let you pass through.
These towns won't be eager to let you pass through.
towns.PNG (122.96 KiB) Viewed 16828 times
industries.PNG
industries.PNG (12.41 KiB) Viewed 16825 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

raise some water and build railway tunnels :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lostinthemountains
Engineer
Engineer

Mont Blanc Scenario (Alpine)

Post by lostinthemountains »

My first scenario for openTTD... 256x256 for v0.4.x of the valleys around Mont Blanc - the map was imported and tweaked using DaleStan's patch, then towns, industries and even trees were place by hand. I live locally, and wanted play around my home town.
This scenario has lots of mountains - don't play this if you like big flat areas or ships. There are big industrial estates in the two lowest, widest valleys, while most of the supply industries are further up the valleys.
I've played it through once so far (with no AI opponents), and it gave an interesting and varied game, from managing massive traffic flows to Aosta and Sallanches to persuading the high-mountain cities to grow. Incidentally, I count it as cheating to use the map edge slopes for this one - but it's up to you...

PS. The map angles are all wrong for recreating the Mont Blanc Tunnel - I've put it in anyway
PPS. You can use canal squares to preserve mountains when growing towns in the scenario editor...
Attachments
cham_v1.png
cham_v1.png (20.07 KiB) Viewed 16804 times
cham_v1.scn
(65.86 KiB) Downloaded 590 times
Last edited by lostinthemountains on 20 Jun 2005 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

OMG, I think I actually went there last vacation... the heightmap looks very nice :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You're giving me too much credit there, lostinthemountains. cccp made the patch; I just adjusted a few things and provided earlier Windows binaries.
Lately, LKRaider has been providing more recent binaries with the PNGMap patch.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Here's my scenario, it's an 512x1024 arctic map with French/Swiss sounding custom townnames, high mountains and low land, and rivers!

Made in OTTD 0.4.0.1

EDIT: Screenshot attached

EDIT 2: Scenario is improved (more towns, bigger towns, more industries, trees added), attached.
Attachments
Nouveau Suisse (industries).scn
512x1024 arctic map
(234.3 KiB) Downloaded 610 times
screenshot of 512x1024 arctic map
screenshot of 512x1024 arctic map
screenshot.png (65.86 KiB) Viewed 2473 times
Nouveau Suisse (industries) 4.scn
Arctic scenario is improved
(828.83 KiB) Downloaded 752 times
Last edited by Purno on 03 Jul 2005 10:13, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Looks amazing, one comment though, how would anyone live there? No trees! :wink:

Keep it up!
James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
dodo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dodo »

This scenario will totally blend in with the swiss train set wouldn't it?
(If the train set will ever be finished)
Nope not all dodo's are dead (yet), one has survived!!!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

dodo wrote:This scenario will totally blend in with the swiss train set wouldn't it?
I don't quite understand you, sorry, can you explain? I don't seem to fully understand the word 'blend in', although I have searched it in my dictionary.
Image Image
Thief^
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Thief^ »

"Blend in" - seem to be designed to go together, to not be able to tell apart.
Melt with the Shadows,
Embrace your destiny...
dodo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dodo »

exactly, thats the translation!
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Im almost definetly playing that scenario as soon as we have a fully coded version!

Purno rocks!

James
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
FoxAlpha
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FoxAlpha »

Ok, here is another Scenario for you.

Thats a little bit unbalanced but good to play, i think.
Attachments
map.png
To Big for screenshots but here is the Hightmap for PNG Map Import.
Created on Integrated Build I4
(10.32 KiB) Downloaded 896 times
Islands.scn
Inspired by Power_mad but bigger
(130.77 KiB) Downloaded 514 times
dodo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dodo »

your links don't work :(
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

they arn't links, they're attachments.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

And they work fine here.
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Aerond
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aerond »

Hi! Here´s my first public scenario. You´ll find it a bit small (64*64) but will keep you a bit entertained for a quick game.

It´s been built from scratch.

Any comments will be gladly accepted!
Attachments
Bitterloop Islands.png
Bitterloop Islands.png (63.68 KiB) Viewed 15664 times
bitterloop islands.scn
(10.21 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

Hello All!

Welcome to the lands of The "German Waltzer" Scenario for OpenTTD! From the metropolis of Bieleberg in the north to the hill top city of Nienbrück, breath-taking views all around as you follow the river from north to south with its various tributaries branching off to other areas.

With the mountains in the west and the land of many towns in the east, there is something for all, be it the many villages, towns and cities just begging for a transport system or connecting the dotted industries that are placed strategically throughout the land. There is a pre-planned route which goes up and down both sides of the main river. Including the run through the cities!!

This map will have something for you!!!

So without further ado, i bring to you: The "German Waltzer" Scenario!

BE WARNED, this scenario is not yet complete, newer versions WILL be posted as they are made!!

James
Attachments
German Waltzer.scn
The .scn file
(229.13 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
The Map!
The Map!
German Waltzer Map.PNG (85.94 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
Holzhaven, located along one of the several tributaries.
Holzhaven, located along one of the several tributaries.
German Waltzer #2.PNG (186.2 KiB) Viewed 2002 times
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
dodo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by dodo »

I think I have THE job for you: go sell vacations :lol:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I made a scenario based on my previous one, but than smaller (256x512)
Attachments
Cliffhanger.scn
Scenario (made in v0.4.0.1)
(192.27 KiB) Downloaded 749 times
screenshot of scenario
screenshot of scenario
Unnamed, 6th Jan 1970.png (60.36 KiB) Viewed 2133 times
Image Image

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”