Mac OS X - Start up troubles.

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JenovaUK
Engineer
Engineer

Mac OS X - Start up troubles.

Post by JenovaUK »

When I start the game, the window opens with a title bar and what I presume to be a shadow. When I minimize the game shows up in the dock, but when I re-maximize the shadow returns.

I get no crash-log and have played the game before and I don't recall making any major changes.

I've put a screenshot below of what I get.

LordOfThePigs
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by LordOfThePigs »

I think I remember that there were some issues with OpenTTD and this kind of semi-transparent windows. It was on linux with KDE though, if I remember correctly. Maybe this is the same problem. And if I remember correctly this was caused by SDL.
Sometimes I'm told "Brilliant"...
Sometimes I'm told "Charming"...
And Often I'm told "Shut Up"!
toholio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by toholio »

Looking at the window's titlebar it would seem that you have used ThemeChanger or something similar. Turn it off then try again.
Get Skype and call me for free.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

I have no idea what might cause that except some internal stuff in SDL. I have never seen it happening either. If you manage to figure out how to fix this, I would be happy to know how you did it
JenovaUK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JenovaUK »

Hmmmm.... Shapeshifter must do something that OpenTTD doesn't like. I reset the theme to Aqua and it worked first time.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

zg_01 wrote:Hmmmm.... Shapeshifter must do something that OpenTTD doesn't like. I reset the theme to Aqua and it worked first time.
try ScummVM and see if it acts the same way. If it does, then it's SDL, which do not like Shapeshifter.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”