How about hexagonal "squares"?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

LKRaider
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by LKRaider »

But if you bought the game, that right was already granted on the implicit commercial exchange license (whatever it is called in english...). You buy something, you have the right to it (... something like that, IANAL).
Alltaken
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Alltaken »

where are the hexagonal squares, all i see is illegalities :P

Alltaken
railer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by railer »

...but at least we found another sense-making issue!! :D

Well what to do when there're no opinions on a triangular tile-structure.. at least take a look at the former discussions about this at the Transport Empire forums, there were some very nice ideas (for example from TossiB) for track-layouts. Personally I like his way, it would give us better looking maps too, of course the coders are against it because it's more difficult to code. still... the better game we want, the more we have to work, coders, GFXers, everybody :twisted: :D

So let's keep discussing the future direction of OTTD development, one day it might end-up in The Ultimate Transport Game :wink:
Alltaken
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Alltaken »

well the square tiles can be extended to a point where they are much better than current square tiles. which is what will happen after map array re-write i hope.

triangles seem to be a pain in the butt (from my perspective) but theoretically they are a better shape. i think 3d with no tiles at all would be a better next step after squares than triangles would be.

Alltaken

Return to “General OpenTTD”