TT2 poll.

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.

Would you like to see a seperate forum for TT2 development?

No, everything can be done in the General Transport Tycoon Forum.
14%
No, I don't want a TT2 anyway.
No votes
Yes, as long as enough people want to participate into making it.
86%

Total votes: 14

Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

TT2 poll.

Post by Arathorn »

It's simple, how many people want a TT2, how many people would like to work on it (and can work on it)? And how many people would want a seperate forum to organize things better.
I see now that there can only be one question per poll, so only poll whether you want a seperate forum or not, and answer the rest in your post.

I myself would like to see a TT2 forum if enough people want to participate in making a TT2, and want to put a lot of time into that.
Observer
Logo Creator

Post by Observer »

I would LIKE to work on it... but I cant work on it now cause I have so much to do for school and stuff..

I havent been following this so I dont know how much people there are to work on this...

if its a lot I would say: briing on the TT2 Forum !!
Never fear, I is here...
Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

I can work on it.
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: TT2 poll.

Post by Hajo »

Arathorn wrote:It's simple, how many people want a TT2, how many people would like to work on it (and can work on it)? And how many people would want a seperate forum to organize things better.
I see now that there can only be one question per poll, so only poll whether you want a seperate forum or not, and answer the rest in your post.

I myself would like to see a TT2 forum if enough people want to participate in making a TT2, and want to put a lot of time into that.
I want to use that forum to exchange knowledge mainly. I'll not be able to work on TT2, because I'm busy with my own projects. I have some experience with transport simulation development and I'm sure both sides will benefit from an exchange.

Somehow we'll be competitors. But I don't want to stress that, I think cooperation at least in some fields will be better for both projects.

c.u.
Hajo

Some of my projects:
http://www.simutrans.de
http://h-world.simugraph.com
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

It can be used for both, the more reasons for a TT2 forum the better. :mrgreen:
With we I hope you didn't count me in, I can't program. :wink:
Jan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Jan »

I like to remind everybody, project like this will take a couple of years. And 2 of them is already in motion. Hajo's Simutrans in 2D and Dobrovka's 3DTT in 3D. Most of you are still in school and already finding free time is almost imposible. Wait till you start a job. Even less time for that. Ask Hajo or Peter, they will tell you. And, if you get married, forget any free time! Maybe is a better idea to join the projects in progres, like that we will see a result a lot sooner. :?:
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I want TT2 forum ... and any ideas, suggestion I will post there
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Jan wrote:I like to remind everybody, project like this will take a couple of years. And 2 of them is already in motion. Hajo's Simutrans in 2D and Dobrovka's 3DTT in 3D. Most of you are still in school and already finding free time is almost imposible. Wait till you start a job. Even less time for that. Ask Hajo or Peter, they will tell you. And, if you get married, forget any free time! Maybe is a better idea to join the projects in progres, like that we will see a result a lot sooner. :?:
Maybe that's true, but does Simutrans need more programmers? Besides I think the reason why a lot of people here want to create TT2 is because then they will have full control of the outcome, and when they would join Simutrans then they would be drop-ins.
Hajo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Hajo »

Arathorn wrote:It can be used for both, the more reasons for a TT2 forum the better. :mrgreen:
With we I hope you didn't count me in, I can't program. :wink:
Such a project has jobs for many talents. Painting, composing, writing texts ...

c.u.
Hajo
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

For those who haven't noticed yet:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=20

:mrgreen:
Jan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Jan »

OK Arathon, you are right about that. But, a lot of today's "hot" volunteers will drop off soon or later, as you know. Look at the moding community. They do not need to develop whole new engine. And how many projects was started and never finished? Way to many.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

orudge wrote:For those who haven't noticed yet:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewforum.php?f=20
So it begins .... (from Lotr:TT) ... :mrgreen: .. and first Pool
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Count me out for programming, but I gladly help testing :D
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Marco
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Marco »

Good, my idea has been accepted :) (I said that a week ago to other mods :wink: )
I have lost my original user id for 20842 :(
I am one of the founders of TT-Forums! Partly...

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”