larger airport and some new features.

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

larger airport and some new features.

Post by mega rail »

1)when you sell trains and stuff they should go into a used list.they should 5% more than it`s current value and there life should be reduced by it`s age.(if a train with a life of 25 years is 20 years old when it is sold it life shown should be 5 years).you could do this with planes and stuff as well.
when a "used" train wears out with autorenew is on it should be replaced with a brand new one.
2)any train that has become unavalible should still be avalible but at a 20% higher price as it would have to be made specaly.

3)BIGGER AIRPORT WITH MORE THAN TWO RUNWAYS!
the international airport is far to small
as you can see below that airport has 2,500 passengers waiting but there is no way more planes could go there as there are allready many planes waiting to land. An airport with 4 runways is needed or to be able to build up to 4 airports next to each other like you can with bus staitions
Attachments
mega transport, 20th Mar 1996.png
mega transport, 20th Mar 1996.png (81.22 KiB) Viewed 8123 times
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

a freind who can not get online due to a broken modem has asked me to post the following bit...

new built in grf`s.
trucks for 1930.
new rail engins after monerail is introduced
more than 2 monerail engins
more than 4 magleve engins
no preid where there is no supersonic jet plane
make the auto replace thing that lets you replace all of one thing with anoter(like "SH 40`s to TIM`s) put both engins on twon ended engins(so with like the TIM it doesn`t just put the front on)
shampie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by shampie »

perhaps also while making the airport bigger make it possible to build/link and airport to a station downtown (just looks nasty haveing a airport in the middle of the city!)
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

that airport has been there since 1960 and since grown to the biggest size.
the city sort of grew around it.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

with autoreplace a single engine to double headed engine, i think the missing frontend is a requirement because it would make the train 1 quare larger in most cases, causeing mass chaos over your network, because they can't fit fully inside a station
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

make it sell the last wagon on the train as well as the old engin...
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

there is already a new type in development.
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: lager airport and some new features.

Post by lucaspiller »

mega rail wrote:1)when you sell trains and stuff they should go into a used list.they should 5% more than it`s current value and there life should be reduced by it`s age.(if a train with a life of 25 years is 20 years old when it is sold it life shown should be 5 years).you could do this with planes and stuff as well.
when a "used" train wears out with autorenew is on it should be replaced with a brand new one.
Seems a bit useless to me, the only time you would really want to buy a train cheaply is early in the game before you have any money - but after around 10 years of gameplay it would be a bit useless. If / when the game is 'rebalanced' and prices change it could be more useful.
mega rail wrote:3)BIGGER AIRPORT WITH MORE THAN TWO RUNWAYS!
as you can see below that airport has 2,500 passengers waiting but there is no way more planes could go there as there are allready many planes waiting to land. An airport with 4 runways is needed or to be able to build up to 4 airports next to each other like you can with bus staitions
In your screenshot I can see 3 aircraft waiting to land - I don't consider this many, 10 though I do. All airports are best with just one type of plane (supersonic or non-supersonic), otherwise the faster ones will always land first. When you do have just one type the planes will be as efficient as possible - supersonic planes are best because they land and clear the
runway fastest.
mega rail wrote:new built in grf`s.
New GRF support is still rather buggy, so it wouldn't be a good idea at the moment.
mega rail wrote: trucks for 1930.
anoter(like "SH 40`s to TIM`s) put both engins on twon ended engins(so with like the TIM it doesn`t just put the front on)
If you would like to produce some graphics these could easily be added.
mega rail wrote:no preid where there is no supersonic jet plane
Could you explain what you mean, because that just doesn't make any sense to me.
make the auto replace thing that lets you replace all of one thing with
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Virtuall1024
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Virtuall1024 »

IMO, instead of making 'ready-to-use' airport models, there should be way to build my own airport in the shape that better suits my needs, just like it is with stations. Of course, I understand it takes lots of code :)
a.k.a. a sad dude

Achievement unlocked: log into tt-forums.net after 10 years of absence
Invisble
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Invisble »

3)BIGGER AIRPORT WITH MORE THAN TWO RUNWAYS!

In your screenshot I can see 3 aircraft waiting to land - I don't consider this many, 10 though I do. All airports are best with just one type of plane (supersonic or non-supersonic), otherwise the faster ones will always land first. When you do have just one type the planes will be as efficient as possible - supersonic planes are best because they land and clear the
runway fastest.
With Luck and agreement from the Dev's, a patch by CobraA1 will become part of the trunk file, this will eliminate the problems of slower aircraft circling for a long time before being able to land. Information on the patch can be found here, but a quick overview of what it does is this.

An aircraft approaches the airport, and when it reaches a pre-determined distance away from the airport it is assigned a number, in this case as it is our first aircraft to approach the airport it is assigned 1.
When another aircraft reaches the same point, if aircraft 1 has not yet landed it is assigned number 2. the next aircraft is number 3 and so on.
Now say a/c 1 is a Sampson U52 ( the first aircraft in the game), the secound a/c to reach the marker is a Darwin 300 and a/c number 3 is a Yate Haugen (concord) then normall the first a/c to reach the runway point would land first, with the patch by CobraA1, no other a/c will land untill a/c number 1 has landed, then before the concord can land the darwin300 will land as it is a/c #2 in the que.

It works like a dream, and means that you don't have to dedicate airports to a/c, which makes the game more realistic.

There are a few other idea's included in the patch witch also make the airports more efficant, things like off airport "stacks" where the a/c circle away from the airport untill they reach number 1 in the que.

As I said earlier, you can find more information (as well as the binary's and DIFF files) in the OTTD development forum of by following this link. http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=15502

BTW, 10 aircraft I don't consider too much, I have had anything upto 20 a/c flying around waiting to land before with another 6 already on the deck, now THAT was a busy airport.
CobraA1
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by CobraA1 »

IMO, instead of making 'ready-to-use' airport models, there should be way to build my own airport in the shape that better suits my needs, just like it is with stations. Of course, I understand it takes lots of code
I agree, that would be very good :).

A lot of code, yes, but IMHO worth every line.

My patch does help, but unfortunately, it cannot make the airports handle more aircraft, that is unfortunately a limitation of the number of runways and the the poor design of the taxiways. Even the taxiways of the International airport are not that great.

It does mean you never have to make an airport all concord or all other type :). You can mix and match airplanes as you please with my patch :).
BTW, 10 aircraft I don't consider too much, I have had anything upto 20 a/c flying around waiting to land before with another 6 already on the deck, now THAT was a busy airport.
Ouch.

Although I did design my queue with large numbers of aircraft in mind, I still prefer that not more than 5 or so be waiting to land - otherwise, it's just a bottleneck, and I doubt it would be very profitable.
"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away" --Henry David Thoreau
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: lager airport and some new features.

Post by bobingabout »

lucaspiller wrote:
mega rail wrote:no preid where there is no supersonic jet plane
Could you explain what you mean, because that just doesn't make any sense to me.
make the auto replace thing that lets you replace all of one thing with
period*

theres a gap after the concord where theres no supersonic planes.

erm, isn't that how it is in real life though? what a hell of a prediction chris made when he wrote this game.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
latinoloco
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by latinoloco »

mega rail wrote:a freind who can not get online due to a broken modem has asked me to post the following bit...

new built in grf`s.
trucks for 1930.
no preid where there is no supersonic jet plane
make the auto replace thing that lets you replace all of one thing with anoter(like "SH 40`s to TIM`s) put both engins on twon ended engins(so with like the TIM it doesn`t just put the front on)
Did your friend also ask you to speak like a retard. hehehe... jokes
MEMBER 6772
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

"Did your friend also ask you to speak like a retard. hehehe... jokes
"

I just copy-pasted it from the .TXT on the floppy disk he gave me...
mega rail
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mega rail »

I still think ever airports should be custom made or at least at least twice the size cause some citys are like over 60,000 pop and need like 30 aircraft landing per mounth
latinoloco
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by latinoloco »

It was a joke man.

And yeas, there should be more runways. It was such a bit*h to upgrade the airport with non-stop flow of airplanes, i had to pause, get the planes to skip airport, and keep doing that every 2 seconds...

I think there should be a "'Suspend' button, where noone can enter the airport, but airplanes can finish loading (which you can skip if you want).
MEMBER 6772
ElectricA4
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ElectricA4 »

mega rail wrote:new rail engins after monerail is introduced
I don't think more engines should be added to the core game, but maybe you can do it with a grf?

Think of the monorail and maglev systems as proprietary systems where a single company provides the track & engines for each one (which is why there are so few choices). After all I think that is how it works in real life with monorail and maglev.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

how about allowing more airports to be built in 1 town, and also allow conjoined airports, like conjoining railway/bus/lorry stations/stops
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!

[/url]
latinoloco
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by latinoloco »

bobingabout wrote:how about allowing more airports to be built in 1 town, and also allow conjoined airports, like conjoining railway/bus/lorry stations/stops
Yeah i mentioned adjioing airports, but with large ammounts, you would be taking up too much room in the map, realistic, but too much.
MEMBER 6772
Susan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Susan »

bobingabout wrote:how about allowing more airports to be built in 1 town, and also allow conjoined airports, like conjoining railway/bus/lorry stations/stops
Its great idea. There should be sth like this.
The world is like u think it is.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”