Help Me With Pre-Signals Please

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

griffsr
Engineer
Engineer

Help Me With Pre-Signals Please

Post by griffsr »

Hi, please look at the attached pic, I want to arrange pre-signals or something to prevent trains entering the junction if the exit they need isnt clear. Please Help
Attachments
Kernow Trains, 1st May 2023.png
Kernow Trains, 1st May 2023.png (67.37 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

the general idea of presignals would be to make the stations 2 way signals presignal exits, thems the grey ones, and the in signals entrances, thems the yellow horizontal ones.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

I think you may want to use Path-Based Signaling here instead, because Presignaly would require a remake of the junction.
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
griffsr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by griffsr »

ok how do i use path-based signalling and what is it?
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

If you are using OpenTTD and not the patch (I am not sure whether the saw mill crane is supported by OpenTTD and we get a lot of confused users), you can either try the integrated nightly (hint), or download the patch (from the development forum) and compile the game yourself (a better hint).
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Dextro
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Dextro »

lucaspiller wrote:If you are using OpenTTD and not the patch (I am not sure whether the saw mill crane is supported by OpenTTD and we get a lot of confused users), you can either try the integrated nightly (hint), or download the patch (from the development forum) and compile the game yourself (a better hint).
You can tell it's openttd by the fast foward button ;)

Btw since you don't know much about this you should use PBS (Path Based Signals). Just go the the "hint" lucaspiller gave you and download the binnary/executable for PBS (the latest of course) and extract it to your openttd folder (overwrite everything it asks).

Then just run the game as ususal and use Semaphores instead of regular signals in the entrances and exits of that junction (to place semaphores ctrl + click when placing the signal).

I hope this helps ;)
Uncle Dex Says: Follow the KISS Principle!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”