Stations not recognising cargo...

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

tenpoints2k5
Engineer
Engineer

Stations not recognising cargo...

Post by tenpoints2k5 »

Some stations I like to set up completely before I let trains run on them. Sometimes I add bus stations, airports etc to increase station spread. Unfortunately, some of the stations I do this with don't accept the cargo that they say they will!

Say I have two stations, A and B in two towns, and a single train running between them. Both stations accept passengers, and my train transports passengers. I set it going between them, but here's where the problem occurs:

After I let it run back and forth for a while I notice that it's not making very much money. I look, and I see that there's passengers waiting at station A, but not at Station B. Furthermore, when I open the ratings tab for station B, there is no rating for passengers! The train is getting money for taking passengers from A to B, but station B doesn't output passengers at all, and therefore has no rating for passengers. This problem occurs on a large scale in my main network, where I've got 1 large station next to a steel mill. The trains bringing in iron are making money for delivering to the steel mill, but the trains waiting to take steel to the factory station don't recieve any steel, and there is no rating for steel in the station window. The steel mill is merrily producing 500 units as shown in its window, but it's not registering with the station.

The only way i can resolve the problem is to remake the station with a different name, and therefore changing all the routes of the trains and replacing all the bus stations and lorry bays, which is very annoying.

I have cheated extensively in the game (to make a huge network of trains)
using the money cheat
jetplanes will not crash cheat
build on pause
magic bulldoze (on occasions).
XxOZxX
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

I have no idea whats going on there then...

Have you tried searching for it on the forums?

James
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”