savestates download at TTDXC homepage

General talk about Transport Tycoon that isn't specific to TTD, TTDPatch or OpenTTD.
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

savestates download at TTDXC homepage

Post by Andrex »

I have cleared a bit the TTDXConfigurator page and added 2 savestates that were submitted to me. Check them out in the TTDXC page at
http://www.radlix.com/~dxl/ttdx.htm

Andres

p. happy new year!
mp3Pro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mp3Pro »

If you want to make something really useful.. something thats not available, make a GUI for the grfcodec stuff
:-)
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Happy new year to you too! (although a little late).
He didn't create it, he just put the savegames online. But that GUI of grfcodec sounds like a good idea, can you (or anyone else) do that? It would really make the grfcodec more useable, now I don't understand anything of it.
mp3Pro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mp3Pro »

I cant make it im not a programer. but it shouldnt be too hard. bet i could write a mIRC script that would do it but that would be clumsy... besides I never finish anything I start
LOL
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Except of course your TTD graphics. :wink:
But I was asking Andrex about it (and every other programmer on this forum, and that's a lot).
mp3Pro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by mp3Pro »

cool deal! maybe someone will do it
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

I really hope so... that would be the only way for me to make my own graphics once.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

First I heard that Owen is creating support for GRF's like browsing files (maybe looking sprites to)
Second .. nice savegames .. but first one has a too big network .. I hate 10 railway lines near each other
Third .. you should create Configurator with somwthing like in TTDPatchStarter :mrgreen: that allows you to edit supported versions of TTDPatch ... at this momment I don't use configurator cuz it is only for stable and I always have the newest alpha (I think the most of us)
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Arathorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Arathorn »

Maybe Andrex doesn't have time to upgrade the configurater so often. I think most forum users use the alpha patches (espescially now that there are so many new features), but most normal players of TTD use the stable patch.
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

Arathorn wrote:Maybe Andrex doesn't have time to upgrade the configurater so often. I think most forum users use the alpha patches (espescially now that there are so many new features), but most normal players of TTD use the stable patch.
Most of TTDPatch players use Alphas ... and Configurator is only for stables versions .... and if I have stable I don't need to use configurator ... only once ....
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

mp3Pro wrote:If you want to make something really useful.. something thats not available, make a GUI for the grfcodec stuff
:-)
That's actually what I did back in January 2001 - it's the reason I added plug-in support to the Saved Game Manager. My version hasn't been updated since January 2001 however, and has problems with recent versions of the Saved Game Manager if you don't set it up properly. If I ever have time to, I may well write a new (standalone) GUI for GRFCodec, but no promises.

Return to “General Transport Tycoon”