quit openttd through key stroke

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mjb
Engineer
Engineer

quit openttd through key stroke

Post by mjb »

right now it seems that there is no way to close openttd through keystroke, however when using fbcon as videodriver this is very important because there are often issues with the mouse and the video. I'm NOT asking to fix those because they are clearly sdl related but it would be nice to be able to quit openttd (killing it will f*** up the keyboard and make a restart necessary)
mjb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mjb »

I just figured out that pressing Alt + Return fixes the display, it must be like re-adjusting, might be interesting to put into the man page or a manual
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

Er, open the console and type "quit" ?
haakon99
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by haakon99 »

What about Alt + F4? Universal close current window/program.

Haakon
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

If I understand correctly, it is the window manager that 'grabs' when a user presses Alt - F4, and then sends a quit signal to the program. So if Alt - F4 doesn't work for you, then you need a new window manager, because it works fine for me. :D

EDIT: Alt - F4 could be Ctrl - F4 on your system.
Last edited by lucaspiller on 21 May 2005 10:48, edited 2 times in total.
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Use ALT+F4, or 'quit' from the console, or exit->yes :)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

lucaspiller wrote:If I understand correctly, it is the window manager that 'grabs' when a user presses Ctrl - F4, and then sends a quit signal to the program. So if Ctrl - F4 doesn't work for you, then you need a new window manager, because it works fine for me. Very Happy
Not to be rude, but do you know what fbcon is?

If not, fbcon is a way to display graphics in the ttys (CTRL+ALT+(F1 or F2 or F3, .. F6) if you're in X). If you run a program using fbcon, there are nothing like the window manager.

And what a crappy window manager you have that dont switch to desktop number 4 when you press CTRL + F4. YOU should get a new file manager. :D (note the smilie) (Edit: ops :oops: it was ALT + F4, but you get the point.)
peter1138 wrote:Er, open the console and type "quit" ?
To open the terminal (or console which gamers seam to call it) in OTTD you press ~ (tilde).
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Yep I do know what fbcon is, but I hardly ever (i.e. once a year) use it. I didn't even know OpenTTD worked with fbcon, so good point. :D

Also I have set Ctrl - 4 to change to desktop no. 4. :wink: My fingers have to stretch too much to reach F4.
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com

Return to “General OpenTTD”