CSDset version 1.1 was released!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Colonel32 wrote:Not actually. it was released December the 1st, 0:01, GMT+1 hour, so it was released exactly the time I said.
Well, I'm in GMT-5, so that explains the difference.
Prof. Frink wrote:
Colonel32 wrote:A VEHICLE.DAT file
Noooo! Make a .GRF full of Action 4's instead! :wink:
Colonel32 wrote:I am not the coder, and I am not allowed to mess with the GRF file.
Looks to me like Prof. Frink said "make a GRF" not "change the current GRF".

BTW, CZTowns has no graphics, so should work on both DOS and Win versions with no problems.
*checks*
Looks fine to me.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

astath wrote:eh, it's probably not compatible with the DBset, 'aight? still, it looks very nice.
I don't know about any two trainsets, that would actually be compatible with each other.
DaleStan wrote:
Prof. Frink wrote:
Colonel32 wrote:A VEHICLE.DAT file
Noooo! Make a .GRF full of Action 4's instead! :wink:
Colonel32 wrote:I am not the coder, and I am not allowed to mess with the GRF file.
Looks to me like Prof. Frink said "make a GRF" not "change the current GRF".
Might be, I don't get around with this "coding" stuff too well.
DaleStan wrote:BTW, CZTowns has no graphics, so should work on both DOS and Win versions with no problems.
*checks*
Looks fine to me.
OK, thanks. I'll take care of it
Prof. Frink
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Prof. Frink »

Action 4s are actually fairly simple to code, if you know about
str2hex, and refer to the Wiki.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

After the release of TTDAlter 4.3, I will create a plug-in that allows the renaming of vehicles in TTDAlter and the ability to export these names to either a VEHICLE.DAT file or a GRF file.
Mek
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Mek »

Prof. Frink wrote:Action 4s are actually fairly simple to code, if you know about
str2hex, and refer to the Wiki.
why would you need to knwo str2hex if you use the latest grfcodec? the latest grfcodec supports strings you know...
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

may I remind you that I have absolutely no idea what are you talking about... (read my sig)
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

CSDset version 1.1 was released

new engines in 1.0:
M240.o

new engines in 1.1:
423.o
387.o
556.o
477.o
E436.o
E467.o

download and comments:
http://new.tycoonez.com/CSDset/xxx/eng/index.htm

complete vehicle list is right now only on the czech version of the page:
http://new.tycoonez.com/CSDset/xxx/index.htm
(but should be on english page soon)

and don't forget about the map of Czech Republic!!!
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Hi

I got an new entry for the CSDSet into Grf Crawler, it lacks of a proper download link (the download site given has no way to download the file "http://www.tycoonez.com").
I changed it to http://new.tycoonez.com/CSDset/xxx/eng/
Ohh, a grfid for the set would be nice aswell if possible...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

I didn't know the infos can be edited - so I postet the link that would surely exist even after the site update...

OK, now I have a problem: I tried to upload the pictures, but it just won't work. But I can't find anything wrong...

the current version's (1.1) GRF ID is 50560002, or at least, that what the game says...
Attachments
CSDsetbig.png
CSDsetbig.png (26.14 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
CSDSET.png
CSDSET.png (3.8 KiB) Viewed 2458 times
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Colonel32 wrote:CSDset version 1.1 was released!
*cough* DOS version! *cough* :roll:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

astath wrote:
Colonel32 wrote:CSDset version 1.1 was released!
*cough* DOS version! *cough* :roll:
Coming right up, but first this message to the CSDSet team:

PLEASE!! If you're going to release something, release both DOS and Win versions, unless there's an exceedingly good reason[0] not to.

Besides avoiding complaints like astath's, you avoid lists of bugs like this[1][2]:
Sprite 0 is incorrect
The action 1s at sprites 50 and 69 declare sprites that are never used.
CargoID 2 is not used between its definitions at sprites 769 and 838
CargoID 3 is not used between its definitions at sprites:
180 and 358
765 and 839
899 and 957
957 and 1193
1348 and 1422
Cargo ID 3 is not used following its final definition at sprite 2359.
Sprites 765 and 770 are both 4 bytes longer than necessary.

My local version has these bugs fixed, and I am tempted to release it, but I won't unless it is requested by The Powers That Be.

I would have posted this in the CSDSet dev thread, but I could not find it. The closest I could come was the CSDCargoSet dev thread. (On request, I'll move it there.)

[0] e.g. an appropriate DOS version of TTDPatch has not yet been released.
[1] If your coder speaks English, he could also avoid this list by running NFORenum, as this list is just a massaged version of NFORenum's output. The next version will have all messages in the same file, and in proper printf format, for easy translation.
[2] If I release a GRF file, I *will* run NFORenum on it first.
Attachments
CSDSet.zip
(105.02 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Fixed grfcrawler, thanks for the bug report :) Your entry is updated with both pictures...
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

eis_os wrote:Fixed grfcrawler, thanks for the bug report :) Your entry is updated with both pictures...
now that's funny ;-) I thought that something's wrong with my pictures ;-)
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

DaleStan wrote:.......
now that's a problem. I am not the developer, I am only the release person. I only get win version, so that one is always uploaded with priority - and when a DOS version is made, it's uploaded as well - but usualy that takes some time.

and about coding: I have no idea how good is PEVA in english, although I can send him your coments, not sure if he'll understand them.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

colonel, i'll just hang in there for some time. i'll hear it when the DOS is finished. :)
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

If you guys ever get back to this set, here is a page with a whole lot of Czech steam locos.

http://home.c2i.net/schaefer/csd/index.html

Maybe if you finish the set, it can be posted on the Patch website, then more people will use it.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

Very nice train graphics comes with this set, I hope it will be avaible in OTTD, too
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Do you have a public release website for the set? At the least, you should have one, and put a link in the Sticky for info on sets that's in this forum.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
peta303
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peta303 »

CSDSet 1.3 is the most current version. Pnaky, Pedro and Hadez are rebuilding the project's (not only CSDSet, but other TT sets regarding Czech conditions and "environment" too) pages these days, therefore it isn't currently available for download. PEVA and Colonel are working on further improvements of the set, so let's wait for some time until it's done and available again :-).

But, I haven't told anything!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

So, the project isn't dead then. Well, OK. I just don't want to see things get lost. There have been many times when a project died, and then some other project started up and could have used some completed work from the old dead project, but nobody could find it again so it had to be done over. Disappointing. Or, an old project has been revived, and the same problem happened. But if you are working on it anyway, just off on your own somewhere, that's fine.

Return to “Graphics Development”