UK Renewal Train Set [1.4 release 4/12]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I think supports are very good drawn
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The bridge looks amazing IMO :bow:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Born Acorn wrote:Amazing, but I fear the supports are too thin somehow, looks strange in the game :?
I think the strange look is due to the supports being out of perspective. Look where the support meets the ground on the slope, and then where the other supports meet. The other supports should meet the ground in the same place on the tile as the slopes. Other than that, the bridge looks really good.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Born Acorn wrote:Amazing, but I fear the supports are too thin somehow, looks strange in the game :?
They should be about 4-5 pixels thicker in the back, but they clip through the road-deck (and any vehicles on the bridge!) :( It's only really an issue with the higher bridges.

The perspective is slightly skewed, to make them seem taller - same issue as the tunnel entrances. And it looks extra-funny in the screenshot I posted because the bridge is built over a slope.
Attachments
bridge1.gif
bridge1.gif (53.14 KiB) Viewed 4662 times
Last edited by PikkaBird on 25 Apr 2005 22:03, edited 2 times in total.
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

PikkaBird wrote:(And it looks extra-funny in the screenshot I posted because the bridge is built over a slope).
Ah, that would explain why they look a little out. Any answer to getting involved with the larger BR Set, or on whether we can use your sprites?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

ChrisCF wrote:Any answer to getting involved with the larger BR Set, or on whether we can use your sprites?
Sure. After I get all the diesels coded and running, we'll have to talk about which specific vehicles you want for the BR Set.

I'll think about a more unique name for my graphics, too. :oops:
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Or you could release the bridges separately, that would be nice too. You could make a stone version of the brick bridge also.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

krtaylor wrote:Or you could release the bridges separately, that would be nice too. You could make a stone version of the brick bridge also.
It's a seperate .grf in the zip file.

I wanted to make more viaducts, but the only problem is it seems that all the default bridges except the wooden one share some sprites.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I think I heard that the Patchteam was taking another look at the way the bridge graphics system works, and maybe they would improve it somewhat. Hope so.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

PikkaBird wrote:I wanted to make more viaducts, but the only problem is it seems that all the default bridges except the wooden one share some sprites.
No, they don't, if you use the newbridges feature, coded by Oskar.
I can help you with that, I coded Purno's Bridge set (mind you, it was in GRFMaker tho).
Image please use email instead of PM
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

/me breaks down and cries

That is so insanely cool!

Pikkabird! Your an asset to the TTD community! Dont *ever* go back to Locomotion!!!

:D

And yeah, as much as I dont like OTTD (At the moment), your stuff would be so insanely awesome there too!
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Szappy wrote:No, they don't, if you use the newbridges feature, coded by Oskar.
Hmm, I see. I'll have to look in to it.

Anyway, here are the Diesels/Electrics for tonight. I haven't done the MUs yet (unless you count the HST as a MU), or any car replacements (except the HST again). I'm not completely happy with them, but it'll do for tonight. :)

(removed)

THe 91 particularly needs some car replacements (such as a DVT if the last vehicle in the consist is a mail van). All the MUs (currently 4; the original 2 DMUs, plus two new EMUs. And I'm thinking of adding a 5th, a high-speed DMU a la Voyager) will have their own matching passenger/mail car graphics.

Aegir, I'm not planning to go back to Loco :) Although we'll have to wait and see what TRS2006 has in store... :P
Last edited by PikkaBird on 27 Apr 2005 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Darnit! I only downloaded 0.11 less than an hour ago... :D

Nice work, very nice.
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!
blackfour
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackfour »

For some reason, the viaduct limits my trains to 20mph...is there a reason for this happening? I'm sure i've done something wrong...
Tom
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

blackfour wrote:For some reason, the viaduct limits my trains to 20mph...is there a reason for this happening? I'm sure i've done something wrong...
Tom
Hey Tom.

Perhaps you have another .grf file which is conflicting (changing the speedlimit back)?
blackfour
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackfour »

Thanx for the reply, but i don't think that's it...i've got the electric rails, new stations, Cargo Set, new ships and track foundations on, as well as your steam/diesel/electric locos...ii'll see if there's anything else, thanx again,
Tom
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

... then I'd guess that you don't have "newbridges=on" in your ttdpatch[w].cfg
Image please use email instead of PM
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Pikka, looks awesome! I'll definitely have to try these out today.

Looks like your class 20 is missing the rear deck though :shock: Aside from that however, all look great! Also... Still noticed the Class 55 missing ;) Heck, if you want, I'll draw it for you :D

So any plans for the rolling stock? (ie smaller cars, generic old style coaches/mail vans, etc)?
Bastiaan
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Bastiaan »

DanMacK wrote:Looks like your class 20 is missing the rear deck though :shock:
What rear deck? The Class 20 only has a front deck:
http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/die ... 0/pix.html

Or do you mean something else?

Bastiaan
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Pikkabird: Why don't you make the game think that the 91 is a dmu so it will be built like the HST 125 and the Sprinter 158 :wink:

Return to “Graphics Development”