Design Document - Writer candidates

Archived discussions related to Transport Empire. Read-only access only.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Hellfire
Transport Empire Developer

Post by Hellfire »

I still want to go ahead.
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I think the vote have to be lanched as soon as possible, so we can get enoght people to vote before the meeting.

And don't forget to inform Owen.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I'm watching this topic, and will keep a record of all votes if and when they're PM'd to me.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Well, now its Wednesday, and I think it is important that the voting start ASP so we get enoght votings to make a vaild result untill the meeting.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

My votes are sent to owen, I was waiting for some kind of announcement but it takes too long.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

I have to go to school now, but when I came home 12:00 UTC or so, I'll make an officiall anoncement, eaven thoght I and Chris agread that he would do it. Eaven thought I am not Chris, I was at the meating. Probably his new washing mashine doesn't work, or whatever makes him away.
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Sorry for not getting this up earlier.

Since we can't get the forum to meaningfully record two votes, all members of the Transport Empire Developers usergroup (Owen will need to check each vote as they come in to make sure they are eligible) must send by PM the names of two developers they would prefer, stating clearly which is their first and second preference. If you do not explicitly say otherwise, Owen will interpret the first of the two names you provide as your first choice, and the second as your second choice. So, if your vote was "Alice and Bob" with no clarification, Alice would be interpreted as your first choice, and Bob as your second. You cannot specify you want two candidates with equal preference, as we can only count a vote for one candidate.It is also very important that Owen does not respond personally to each vote, nor does he give any information to anyone until the votes are all counted (progress results are meaningless in preference systems anyway).

The four candidates in ascending alphabetical order are:

Hellfire
PJayTycy
Steve
Uzurpator

Owen will send me the results as they stand in the hour before the meeting, and this may be extended if turnout is not enough.

I'm temporarily making this an "announcement" so it sticks above all stickies.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Right, that's fine by me. I've received some votes already and recorded them, there have been no problems with incorrect votes. You'll next hear from me on this issue at the meeting (via ChrisCF likely if I can't be there).
Hellfire

Post by Hellfire »

What if one of the candidates sends a vote for himself?
Feel free to contact me over Email! My current timezone: Europe/Amsterdam (GMT+1 or GMT+2)

Code: Select all

+------------Oo.------+
| Transport Empire -> |
+---------------------+
[ General TE Discussion ] [ TE Development ] [ TE Coding ]
Under construction...
ChrisCF

Post by ChrisCF »

Then we count it like any other vote. The voters names will have been removed by the time I get my hands on them for counting - this helps maintain the secrecy of the ballot and makes sure each person's vote carries the same weight (IIRC, Owen does not have a vote). Otherwise, it would be possible to identify someone's vote by eliminating those ballots which don't contain their name - this should not be known to anyone until all the votes are in and counted, and the results known.
PJayTycy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by PJayTycy »

Hellfire wrote:What if one of the candidates sends a vote for himself?
Why should that be impossible? It's not like you are appointing someone as a leader or give a benefit. You just give someone a lot of work. If somebody wants to do it himself, no problem...
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

I'll just point out that unless you do something other than this thread, you will never get a decent vote by the meeting. Those of you who came to the other meetings will remember how we had 7 votes in the first week and only after sending PMs, did we get 8 more.

Topic locked, a new Design Document is being written by Hyronymus. Follow the progress here (14112006).

Return to “Transport Empire Development Archive”