2.0.1 alpha / 2.5 beta discussion

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I seem to be having a crash with the DB Set XL, Refitting of Passenger Trains and Alpha 47.

Attached is the usual paraphanalia ;).

In the savegame, you should go to the centre depot (on the "intercity lines" line), and open the BR01 and the BR85 waiting there. The BR01 will crash TT when you try to refit it (just opening the window will cause a crash), however the BR85 will allow you to refit his freight wagons for you.

I can also refit freight wagons with the US Set on too, but they don't have passenger refits yet for me to test.
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
My config file...
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
CRASH003.TXT
Crash Log
(1.6 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
TRP19.SV1
Save Game.
(271.61 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Also, newgrfw.cfg ;).

Thanks Josef!
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
(725 Bytes) Downloaded 69 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
zero1000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: Munich area, Bavaria, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by zero1000 »

can acknowledge the problem
(have it reported here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=14319,
sorry for double reporting)
zero1000
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Trains no longer autorenew with alpha 47 (win) but do go for servicing to the depot when required, this has always worked up to alpha 46 (same save game). The trains in question do have obsolete engines and I get the message: train engine obsolete and is getting old.

I use -
. autorenew -72
. forceautorenew off
. servint 1000
. gotodepot on
. every train has a depot in its orderlist with service flag set.
. enginepersist on
. DBSetXL (v0.81)
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Incorrect power (hp) shown in train window immediately after purchasing a dual-headed engine. Only 50% of actual power is shown. As soon as the first wagon is added the correct power is displayed immediately and is correct thereafter. This is equally the case with TTO engines and may be a very old bug.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

OzTransLtd wrote:The trains in question do have obsolete engines and I get the message: train engine obsolete and is getting old.
Well, that's why they won't autorenew. What is the model in question and what year? Also please attach a savegame and your ttdpatch.cfg so I can test this (and tell me which train to look at).
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Raichase wrote:I seem to be having a crash with the DB Set XL, Refitting of Passenger Trains and Alpha 47.
I can't reproduce this here, both work fine. However I don't have all your .grf files, so it seems likely that it's another .grf file that interferes and messes up the refitting somehow.

Now you can either try disabling (or best, removing from the cfg) all grfs that aren't needed and see if it helps, or else send me, best by email, a zip of your newgrf folder.
Josef Drexler

No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
OzTrans
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by OzTrans »

Patchman wrote:
OzTransLtd wrote:The trains in question do have obsolete engines and I get the message: train engine obsolete and is getting old.
Well, that's why they won't autorenew. What is the model in question and what year? Also please attach a savegame and your ttdpatch.cfg so I can test this (and tell me which train to look at).
The year is 2024. I have just noticed current engines, like the BR150 or ICE-3 do autorenew, but the BR194 (expires 1975) or the BR250 (expires 2004) do not. What has actually changed in a47 in regard to autorenew ? In a46 my way of autorenewing still works ? Do you still want a save game, its huge 700kb? Otherwise, everthing works just fine, I don't seem to have all those problems, I am reading about; especially in regard to path-based-signalling.
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Alpha 47 fixed a bug with autorenew not taking into account the "early retirement" property of some vehicle sets. Apparently that still breaks with persistentengines on. So yes, please attachyour savegame and ttdpatch.cfg. Or send them by email if you prefer.
Josef Drexler

Uwe
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Uwe »

Patchman wrote:
Raichase wrote:I seem to be having a crash with the DB Set XL, Refitting of Passenger Trains and Alpha 47.
I can't reproduce this here, both work fine. However I don't have all your .grf files, so it seems likely that it's another .grf file that interferes and messes up the refitting somehow.
I also have some troubles with refitting, but not always. The archive attached includes a savegame and the config files as well as the crashlog. Whenever I try building a BR 18 with long-distance coaches and try to refit them to Rheingold coaches, the game immediately crashes.
However, after starting a new game, cheating to year 1930 and trying the exact same thing, it works. I will now try disabling .grf files and see if that helps.

edit:
Now this is somewhat funny. I first tried disabling all unnecessary graphics files, and refitting worked. I then re-enabled the other .grf files, after each file checking if it still worked, and it did, even with all .grf files loaded.
Then I loaded the savegame again, and sure thing, it crashed. The funniest part is this: I then loaded the game again, went to the graphics menu and just clicked the apply button without changing any settings - et voila, refitting works.
Attachments
savegame.zip
try building a Rheingold train in one of the two depots shown when loading the game.
(174.37 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Patchman wrote:Now you can either try disabling (or best, removing from the cfg) all grfs that aren't needed and see if it helps, or else send me, best by email, a zip of your newgrf folder.
I'll do some fiddling, see what I can get to happen (or break ;)).

ImageImage
Mek
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Mek »

Mek wrote:
SHADOW-XIII wrote:- Mek locomotiongui acts strange when I do select Primary Industrial Stations (text at the top drop down list is empty) and much more when selecing SilverLine Stations (none text in drop down lists and some strange colors appears), attaching grf of silverline stations
The not displaying of text is caused by the text containing colour tags, wich apparently cause my code to calculate the width of the text to fail. But the strange colours i can't yet explain :)
perhaps a bit late response, but i finalyl had time to look into this; the strange colours are simply a bug in the silver-line stations. they will also appear with the normal station-build window, but because of the position of this window, normally they will fall of the edge of the screen. The sivlerline stations use transparancy and boudning-box sharing sprites in the preview image, wich is both illegal/unsupported.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

We've been intending to absorn the Silverline stations into the Generic Stations project, recoded of course so they don't have bugs.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

I wish to thank developers for latest TTDPatch :bow:

btw. wiki: miscmods is not updated
btw2. new sprite sorting is causing problems with trains and bridges .. I thought it's fixed already

does anyone tried DeleteVeh with broken game (where part of train is splitted) ?? [just curious if that is working]
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
JTanczos
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by JTanczos »

There is a bug with a48 and the new drag and drop -- | tracks. Sometimes when building a single peice of track the game places the opposite. For example sometimes when I try building a -- style track it builds | in the same block and vise versa. I have noticed this happen more often with slopes but seems to be random(or I have not figured out exactly how to replicate it). Not annoying (yet) but it is a bug none the less. If you need my save and config I will send but it is probably a general bug.

JT
14:31:29 * Cctoide brandishes huge syringe, runs after Singaporekid
14:31:46 * JTanczos trips Cctoide causing him to fall on the syringe
14:32:32 * Cctoide sticks syringe full of Ritalin into JTanczos instead
14:35:25 -!- JTanczos [~JT@JTanczos.users.quakenet.org] has quit [Quit: gasps from the sudden shot of ridalin... Thankfully I saved the Singaporekid from any harm! Hopefully my death has meaning in this cruel world. Dont waste it Singaporekid! dont waste.... *gurgle gurgle* *dead*]
14:35:36 < Singaporekid> Booooring.
14:35:38 < Singaporekid> :P
14:35:58 < Singaporekid> Besides, ritalin isn't lethal.
14:36:09 * Singaporekid snags some of it for himself
14:36:29 -!- Singaporekid [~notme@cm233.epsilon122.maxonline.com.sg] has quit [Quit: *GURGLE GURGLE* *lol ded*]
Abrial
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Abrial »

Another a48 bug...
Some of my trains are showing up as ttd trains instead of dbxl trains. like in the picture attached. I'm using a48, DBxl 8.1, new stations, new signals etc. Save, ttdpatch.cfg & newgrfw.cfg included in attached rar file. As to Raichases refitting problem, a48 seems to have fixed it so far (at least for me).
Attachments
Haven't seen this train in ages...
Haven't seen this train in ages...
SCR4.png (26.7 KiB) Viewed 1923 times
gamefiles.rar
save, ttdpatch.cfg, newgrfw.cfg files
(134.64 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
goalie
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by goalie »

SHADOW-XIII wrote:
does anyone tried DeleteVeh WITH!!!!! broken game (where part of train is splitted) ?? [just curious if taht is working]
i tested it it works
tijnttd
Engineer
Engineer

Post by tijnttd »

I have the same bug that DBSETXL trains are being replaced by original TTD trains!!!!
SHADOW-XIII
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SHADOW-XIII »

thanks goalie, good to know (hope it wasn't joke)
I suppose now all bugs can be fixable
what are you looking at? it's a signature!
zero1000
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: Munich area, Bavaria, Germany, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way

Post by zero1000 »

i can confirm t h e bug reported by Abrial ! (it's no A p r i l fool)
only some engines are not shown w i t h t h e correct DB XL sprites - i have no clue whats t h e difference to t h e correct ones :cry:
(alpha 48 + dbxl 0.81)
Attachments
TRP57.SV1
(447.6 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 45 times
DB XL - TTD engines.gif
DB XL - TTD engines.gif (24.63 KiB) Viewed 1888 times
zero1000

Return to “General TTDPatch”