Toyland to legoland conversion[WIP]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you like the truck?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 48

Downmaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Downmaster »

GREAT!!!!

old memories... I still have that Metroliner, got it when i was six years old... omg...

Downmaster
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

they will need a bit of contrast, but still, it's an awsome start

(could I have my 7745 and 4551, please?)
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

An advice about those trains: I didn't check the trucks, but the trains you are drawing are way out of TTD scale... I am afraid to tell you that in the scale TTD works, it is impossible to appreciate that a vehicle is made of lego... unless you drew it as made of 2 or 4 pieces...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

There's information about train sprite sizes in my drawing tutorials (link in sig)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Actually, it's entirely possible to change the TTD scale if you're willing to redraw everything. I don't see a problem with them using those Lego trains as they are. Basically, each one takes up one square instead of half a square. I believe the Russian set is doing similar experiments.

You know, if you are doing a complete Lego set, then you will also need to replace the company-manager faces with Mini-figures. You can easily have the several different heads, varying shirts, and the different hair and hat styles - there aren't too many.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Szappy
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Szappy »

krtaylor wrote:Actually, it's entirely possible to change teh TTD scale if you're willing to redraw everything. I don't see a problem WITH!!!!! them using those Lego trains as they are. Basically, each one takes up one square instead of half a square. I believe teh Russian set is doing similar experiments.
I tend to differ. I don't know what the russian set intends, but you cannot enlarge train/wagon sprites, only reduce them.
Image please use email instead of PM
bobo
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bobo »

This lego set looks great. Really, it does! :P

Have you done any industries and could you tell me where to get LDraw or whatever its called because io would like to do the industries.
Ah forget it. I'll come back now.
OH NOES its an IRC quote!
<jonty> :O
<DaveWorley> ...
<DaveWorley> BOBO!?
<jonty> Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobo!
<DaveWorley> BOO!
<jonty> Binga-dinga-bo-bo :D
<DaveWorley> D:
<Bobo> Heh, this is IRC quote material.

Small and compact quotes! Gotta love em.
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

I can't await the train graphics of the 80's Lego sets :D

Return to “Graphics Development”