Planeset [version 1.5.3 released 2006-10-24]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Do you like the 'planespeed' switch?

Poll ended at 14 Aug 2003 16:11

Yes
21%
No, planes go to fast
42%
You should be able to set percentage
38%

Total votes: 24

krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

I'm not certain if the Patch yet supports alternative graphics for airports - I mean, multiple different appearances in the same game.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

krtaylor wrote:I don't have problems with planes carrying oil and water, after all, planes both large and small have been and can be converted into tankers. BUT you have to adjust the capacity based on the cargo weight capacity of the aircraft, and fluid weights. So they might not be able to carry that much.
Currently, TTD says that each passenger weighs 500lbs, and from that calculates the capacity of vehicle: eg the Ruslan at "600 pax" can carry 150 tons. It displays each ton of fluid (oil/water/rubber?) as 1000 liters. A crate of goods and a bag of mail each weigh half a ton. I'm pretty sure all other cargoes are measured in tons.
The Irish wrote:First: The B747 freighter with the nose moved upwards really only has to be in two directions: / and \

I assume that these sprites are intended to when the plane is on the ground and loading. so it can only stand at the three docks at the airport.
Yabbut what if $PLAYER sends the 747 to a small airport? (It shouldn't, but what if it does?)
Notwithstanding any logic about which sprites will or won't be used, we still have to code all 8, and since Aydan renders his sprites, we're going to get a set of 8 anyway.
The Irish wrote:With all the new patch features of having new station types etc. wouldn't it be possible to create a new type of airport for cargo only?
KRTaylor's correct here. The newstations switch provides for new train stations, not any other type of new stations. I expect this feature will be part of the LAS, but progress on that is understandably slow.

OT: I shudder to think what the NFO code will look like for new airports.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

DaleStan wrote:Currently, TTD says that each passenger weighs 500lbs
Actually, a passenger weighs 62.5 kg or about 140 lbs. However, for plane and train capacities four passengers equal one ton of cargo or two crates or goods or two bags of mail. Presumably the size of passenger seats is what limits the conversion, not their weight.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Aydan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aydan »

here's the zeppelin graphics again with more spacing and fixed tail fins.
Attachments
zep.png
zep.png (12.95 KiB) Viewed 6465 times
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

I have made different colored barrels. The second blue barrels are in Company Color.

The Zeppelin looks incredible good.

cu, Spaceball
Attachments
chinook_colorfull_barrels.png
chinook_colorfull_barrels.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 6346 times
Contributor to the Planeset.Planeset Thread
DVDs - Gotta Catch Them All!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Hey, that looks really good!
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
nwa320
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nwa320 »

hey any word on weather or not aydens planes are in the planeset?
GARBAGE - The One and Only
New Album (Bleed Like Me) is Awesome
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

As far as I'm concerned, they will be. But I'm not the coder.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

As far as I know, Aydan's GFX are as follows:

The Osprey is coded, and will probably be in the next Planeset release.

The Zeps are a simple recolor, copy, & paste.

The Ruslan ... is ... the Ruslan. Once I figure out what to do with all those sprites, I'll code them. (Putting the nose-closed sprites in should be a simple copy&paste.)

The Shorts needs to be recolored and coded.

The 747s need to be recolored. krtaylor, which of the 747 liveries should be turned CC?

The need for recoloring is not Aydan's fault; it's difficult, if not impossible, to get a renderer to render to a palette with magic colors.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

DaleStan wrote: The 747s need to be recolored. krtaylor, which of the 747 liveries should be turned CC?
Well, you only need one company-color version, the rest are fine the way they are say the Flying Tigers one would be easiest to change to company color, because it's all silver except for the two diagonal stripes and the tail, and those would be fairly easy to change.
Axlrose
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Axlrose »

A bit off-topic for a moment...

I have been doing some hard drive cleaning and noticed I had numerous versions of the plane set. So I went to the web site that has the United States train set and the Japanese conversion set and noticed there was no available download for the plane set. Is this intentional or is there something glaring me in the face that I am missing?

As always, keep up the excellent work all-around.
>>>>>Axlrose - ...<<<<<
nwa320
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nwa320 »

i meant his rendered planes
GARBAGE - The One and Only
New Album (Bleed Like Me) is Awesome
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Axlrose wrote: I have been doing some hard drive cleaning and noticed I had numerous versions of the plane set. So I went to the web site that has the United States train set and the Japanese conversion set and noticed there was no available download for the plane set. Is this intentional or is there something glaring me in the face that I am missing?
The US set has been officially released. The Japan set hasn't, and you'll notice there's no official download there (although there is an alpha test version in limited distribution.) The Planeset is in somewhat the same status - we're still tinkering with it, hence no public distribution.

You make a good point that there is no website ready for it yet, though. I'll make one in the same pattern as the others, if someone would like to write text descriptions of all the planes for me to use. We'll also need in-game screenshots of them all. but we don't have to have every last one in order to start.

I should probably put that on my to-do list for this week, shouldn't I.
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

I recolored the container.
Attachments
Red and blue Container
Red and blue Container
chinook_recolored.png (4.67 KiB) Viewed 6121 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

The crate is either too low in the horizontal views or too high in the diagonal views.

Vertical distances (specifically, the distance from the center of the Chinook to the center of the crate) should be the same in all views.
Aydan
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aydan »

I'll do a rerender for all cargo liveries with hatches open/closed and without the lower row of windows.
Since the CC-livery usually has a CC'd roof or stripe I'll make a red livery like that for easier recoloring.
I'll do all passenger liveries in both versions (100/400) so you can choose what suits you best.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

It took me entirely too long to get around to this, but I just coded Aydan's Zeppelins.

If you want to see Aydan's graphics, this GRF must come after the Planeset GRF. Other than the new graphics, there should not be anything here that's different from the Planeset Zeppelins.

(attachments removed--included in latest Planeset)
Last edited by DaleStan on 06 May 2005 10:33, edited 1 time in total.
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

So, we just need these integrated into the main Planeset, and we're good to go.
Spaceball
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Spaceball »

DaleStan wrote:The crate is either too low in the horizontal views or too high in the diagonal views.

Vertical distances (specifically, the distance from the center of the Chinook to the center of the crate) should be the same in all views.
The crates are usually very long in this case. I will fix the difference.

cu, Spaceball
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Aydan, can I get the Ruslan (at least the nose-closed and nose open, ramp fully extended) re-rendered in red livery? Some of the blue turned into invisible blue.

I still haven't figured out how to animate the Ruslan. Cyclic animation is (relatively) easy, but non-cyclic takes much more work.

@Patchman, I suppose a callback for yrel adjustment would be too much to ask[0]?
Also, is there any good way to animate the Ruslan? I've got an idea, but it's neither particularly portable (Ruslan must be set to full load, gradualloading on) nor exactly optimal (sprite updates when byte 10 changes), and even then it may not work the way I want it to.

[0] For the Chinook; this way I could keep the Chinook properly above the helipads without multiple copies of the sprites. A signed 8-bit value would be more than sufficient.

Return to “Graphics Development”