IMPORTANT: Have your objects been mis-credited?

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

IMPORTANT: Have your objects been mis-credited?

Post by Steve »

It has recently come to my attention that a german based Locomotion site has been hosting all of the major objects that have been made for Locomotion. Most, if not all, of these objects have been placed there without the permission of the creator and even worse, they have not been credited properly to the creator.

This website is a disgrace to the Locomotion Community. The owner seems to have no respect for the creators of these items and whilst most files seem to be unaltered (your readme will still be complete if you have one), the actual description on the website gives no mention of the correct author of the item and in some cases, invidiual trains from multiple authors have been put in a single set with a new author.

It is my intention to get all such items removed, as it is a violation of Copyright and general sense. If you have created something for the locomotion community, please check if it has been added to the database section of the website: http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/forum/filebase.php

If so, please post here with the relevant file and link and it will be added with mine and everyone else's files to a list of files that we will get removed from the website.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Note to Erazor: I urge you to PM me with some explanation, if you do not want to be banned from these forums.

Current List
Steve's Airports
Steve's Slopes
Last edited by Steve on 19 Mar 2005 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Well currently they have my E 69 in http://www.locomotion-fanpage.net/forum ... 128&lim=30 , but i already pmed erazor about removing it.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

They also have Norfolksouthern_37's Grain hopper and US diesel

and

Pikkabirds Turbotrain (in the vehicle pack, on its separate download David is credited and a link to his site is there http://www.pikkarail.com )

I believe that this is Erazors PM. http://www.tt-forums.net/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=4375
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

I see the Wiima M 310 Bus and the NL trainset,
All that has been uploaded on that site is made here as far as I can see. :roll:
chevyrider
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by chevyrider »

It isn't nice he did, before asking our permission.
But on the other hand ,his vehickle download section is an example of want we need in our Lomo forum. Every click is a hit.
Instead of that, we have to search hundreds of pages in the graphics section to find the latest release of a mod. :cry:
Please,someone can make something like that for our "one and only" Locomotion section?
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Maybe I can make something. But don´t wait for any miracles.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Please remember to add links to the item.. or it's near impossible to know which item your talking about!
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

chevyrider wrote:It isn't nice he did, before asking our permission.
But on the other hand ,his vehickle download section is an example of want we need in our Lomo forum. Every click is a hit.
Instead of that, we have to search hundreds of pages in the graphics section to find the latest release of a mod. :cry:
Please,someone can make something like that for our "one and only" Locomotion section?
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=224584 <- Maybe this could help a bit ?
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

I notice a topic about this here...
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Steve wrote:Please remember to add links to the item.. or it's near impossible to know which item your talking about!
and give the author proper credit :wink:
Illegal_Alien wrote:http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=224584 <- Maybe this could help a bit ?
I got this:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not obtain lastvisit data from user table

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1030 Got error 134 from table handler

SELECT u.*, s.session_time, s.session_id FROM (phpbb_users u LEFT JOIN phpbb_sessions s ON s.session_user_id = u.user_id) WHERE u.user_id = -1 ORDER BY s.session_time DESC

Line : 116
File : sessions.php
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Hmm, they are down atm :(
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

Actually it seems they turned on something that forces that only registered users can read threads or something, cause i could read the thread 1 moment, now it wants username and password.

anyways Erazor, if you are reading this, you have exactly 1 day from this moment to remove any copies(that means my E 69 in any of the vehicle packs on your site..) of my E 69 from your site. Any further copies apperearing in your site, you will have to remove.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Thats good, but what will we be able to do if he doesn't remove it?
Sue him, for copyright violation??
Larry
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Larry »

Hi there!

I'm co-admin of locomotion-fanpage.net, the page that is called a "disgrace to the Locomotion community" and which some of you would even like to sue.

We did never intend to show disrespect to the creators of the vehicles and modifications. We appreciate their work a lot! What I would like to underline here is that about 90 percent of the files on our page are credited correctly. Still there are 10 percent left that aren't credited correctly.
Why did we not give credit to everyone? The problem is, that usually it's not the moderators who bring files to the community, but the members. Primary, they are responsible to give credits to the author correctly. To be honest, we don't do a big search through the net to check if they took it from somewhere. In obvious cases of course, we do put up the credits ourselves when the users did not. However, some of the files which have not proper credits are such "obvious" files. Why could this happen? The reason is, that we just weren't attentive enough when the file was added. We'll have to pay more attention in the future and I promise that we will do so!
On a side note, I'd like to explain why Erazor and me are the uploaders of most files, which would contradict my claim that it's the members who upload files. The filebase is pretty new. Before this, we had everything in single threads. Erazor and me moved the files from the single threads to the filebase. This was quite a big work, which we had to do in a short time because we did not want to prevent our users from accessing to the files for a long time. So it happened that if the author was not credited correctly in the thread and we did not quickly find him, we just put the name of the guy who brought the file to the community. We should have done otherwise, but we really didn't want to spend to much time with those uploads.

When it comes to the point that we often didn't ask for a permission, I have to admit that this reproach bears some truth. Again, it's the users who should ask for a permission before uploading stuff. If there are no obvious reasons that a permission was not given, we don't reject files. We think that in most cases creators are happy when their files are spread widely. (of course with correct credits!!)

So, all I can do now is to apologize for any inconvenience caused by our page. If your file is in our filebase and you want it to be removed, please let us know. (either PM me here, write it to this topic, send us a mail, just as you like) We don't want to have files in our filebase against the will of the author. Further, we are trying to find out the authors of the files that have no or wrong credits and want to correct them. If you find your or someone elses file with a wrong author, please notice us! We would really appreciate it, because this makes our work easier.

Again, I'd like to say sorry in the name of the whole german community at our page and assure you that we did never never want to offend the creators of vehicles or anybody else! We love the game too much that we would want to annoy those wo help making it better! I hope we can get over this story soon and spend time with the game we love rather than with discussions about copyright and stuff...

Sincerely, Larry

Edit: I realise that the "vehiclepack" in the filebase annoys some of you. Soul_of_death wanted to make it easier for the newbies and put everything he found into a package so they just needed one download and not 10 or 20. So he is the author of this package in some way. The authors should be credited in the file itself. However, I can understand if some creators think this may arouse a wrong impression. I don't know what we can do about this right now, we'll have to talk this over in the team.
barney_5uk
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Modified Vehicles

Post by barney_5uk »

Well, Erazor should really have asked for permission before. It would have been better policy to invent us for uploading our files in our own instead.

I would also recommend sorting objects and vehicles when using for vehiclepacks.

But I won't care about. For me, it's ok to use my modified objects in other filebases. All modified objects I am posting here are just examples for what is possible and suggestions for further modifications. If one wants to use my modified objects for further modifications, he should do so.

Chris gave us a fantastic game and I thank him for giving us possibilities for further modifications in our own.

Bernard
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

The vehiclepack with my E 69 still has not been removed, you have 10 hours time left to do so.
Steve
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Steve »

Larry, i can see your point. But lets just look at the International Airports that I made. There is only ONE download location for it, here. I'm sorry, but i don't see how Erazor could possibly not know who made it. My name is right next to it on the left, right above the "Site Admin" label.

Ultimately, i want my objects on your website, as i understand this is an english community, and other communitys should exist, but i just can't get my head around how something like that is missed and the wrong name put in. I made this thread initially, because i don't keep track of the creators, i have only used a small proportion of the files made and i want to make sure noone else is being missed out like this.

I think you need to go and look over everything that you credited to the uploader, when you didn't know the real creator and make sure you either put the right creator's name up or remove the file until you do know. I am very proud of what i have created, despite them not being finished because of someone letting me down and I know that other people are too, and want to be recognised for it.

Someone just visiting your site, would get the wrong impression that this Erazor guy has made loads of things for the community, when that isn't quite true.

Concerning Soul_of_death's package: He should understand that when packages like that are created, the creators MUST be shown in a readme file, showing what they individually contributed. It would also be nice if they wanted to contribute it. I'm sure people would of wanted to, if they had been asked.

- Steve
Larry
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Larry »

We will go through our filebase this weekend and check for the files where we didn't know the author. If you know the authors of some of the files for sure, please notice us, because this quickens the process.
I agree that some files, for instance Steve's airport should really not have been miscredited because the credits were pretty easy to find. I can't tell why this happenend and just can say sorry for this.

Regarding the vehiclepack. I'm going through it this afternoon. I've never used it myself, because I got the trains I wanted before this package came online, and so I actually don't know what is in there. If I understand you correct, there is no readme file in it. If this is true, this is of course not acceptable. In that case I will create one myself and put it into the zip-files.
Akalamania, please be patient. Your file will be removed as soon as I've gone through these vehiclepacks.

Regards,
Larry
ChrisCF
Transport Empire Developer
Transport Empire Developer

Post by ChrisCF »

Is there any particular reason you've taken the incredibly lame step of making even reading the threads read-only?
Downmaster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Downmaster »

This is hilarious, Erazor seems to have downloaded everything he could get from our holy forums...

At least the co-admin responded. I wonder if he knew about it in the first place???

(I think my realistic aircraft stats are also on the page...)

Regards,
Downmaster

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”