[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Greener on the Other side

On one side is the Primary resources.

On the other are the secondary industries.

BUT!: Its very flat. This way its easier to start massive networks going. lots of room!

N.P: Its best to have start new industries on, since not all the industry types are there. Makes it more challenging!
Attachments
Greener on the other side.scn
Greener on the other side
(58.82 KiB) Downloaded 2104 times
screenshot #1.png
(159.74 KiB) Downloaded 1957 times
screenshot.png
(146.73 KiB) Downloaded 3411 times
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

:idea: Idea :idea:

make a sticky of this topic, just what they did with the TTD scenario topic!
Can I ask that from a mod?
-Thanks-
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Suggestion to the devs: Make the scenario selection like locomotions, with a small map, a description and starting date.
Observer
Logo Creator

Post by Observer »

Moriarty wrote:observer - Your scenario is a little... grid-like... well based on the Screenie anyway.
:shock: Perhaps you are right... I didn't notice that, and I sure didnt do it on purpose hmz..
I dont think its bad.. Im playing my scen right now to test it.. and Im quite pleased myself...

Ill definately remember this when making my next scen, thanx.
Never fear, I is here...
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Here are a couple I made a while ago, not really much but somebody may like them. I really liked the random scenarios made by Korren's Spinoff. Massive hills, deep valleys, wide occeans. Those were the days....
Attachments
The Big City.scn
(95.81 KiB) Downloaded 1748 times
Oil.png
Oil.png (61.48 KiB) Viewed 4970 times
Oil.scn
(62.24 KiB) Downloaded 2019 times
No longer active here, but you can still reach me via email: luca[at]stackednotion[dot]com
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

I am currently working on a scenario that's meant to be played on HARD difficulty.
The idea behind the scenario is that there will be no industries at the start of the game, and only small towns, a lot like Wimpie's TTD Diary's scenario, in which you have to really struggle to survive the first 10 or 20 years, because trains are too expensive, and busses are a tad slow. (that link links to a site that is really a good read!)

The only industries I will put on the map is one farm and some forrests in the snowy region to the east.

Here's a little sneak preview :)
Attachments
screenshot.png
(330.77 KiB) Downloaded 2086 times
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
Sionide
Director
Director

Post by Sionide »

hmm i might make one a little later on
...Synthetic Intelligent Organism Normally for Infiltration and Dangerous Exploration...
...sionide.net...
Torben DH
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Torben DH »

I`ve been playing Openttd for a couple of days now and it`s great!!!!

So now i`ve gone ahead and made my own scenario...........

Its an very exapt copy off my local region in Denmark.............

2/3 is all flat with large groups of industri!!!!

they are all placed like that because thats how it is in Denmark.

The coal mines are located so one station can take the coal from all 10!!! in an area where 10000 people or more dug for coal under, ww-1 and 2

to the rigth there is a large city (århus) which is the second largest in Denmark (800k people), and a large mountaineus area with 4-6 larger towns (4-5k :) ) going from the north to the south

all forest are placed at the edge and up on the side of the mountains

the south-west is a large area with about 20 farms, this area is all flat, and again inspired by how it looks in real life :D

there is only one stellmill and one factory and they to are placed at locations where there is a similar industri in real life......

oremines are just randomly placed in the mountaineus area since we dont have ány industri of this kind in denmark....................though they are still in the same area all off them

There is no banks since i hate transporten valuables and generally dont think there are much "money" in transporting them

all rivers and towns placement are very excact.... allthough squezed a little (west-east) but im very happy with the way it turned out..............

Its a very easy scenario to play.............

Greetings the Boss

Been plaing it my self and its far too easy and there are far to may industries i will repost it once i have deleted some of them and "rearranged" the rest.........fixed

"the real deal" :D
The Real Deal

sorry bout my english

[edit]Admin Edit: please use the URL renaming function next time :) - Darkvater[/edit]

Edit by spiff: moved off-topic nonsense
Attachments
Midtjylland indgrup.scn
here it is.....again!!!
(84.18 KiB) Downloaded 1981 times
Last edited by Torben DH on 04 Jan 2005 08:23, edited 2 times in total.
TDH
kemkim
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Scenarios

Post by kemkim »

Moriarty wrote:Apparently those nice omnipotent dev-types want some copyright free scenario's for OTTD that they can release with the game.

I've knocked one up and attached it. Feel free to upload your one's and to criticise mine.

I hearby release my scenario into the public domain, so long as any and all credit for it is given to me.

Maybe the devs would like to make a comment on what they want/expect from these things.
Prepared this Scenario ready for passengers with destinations, so roads are now very usable. Corrected the sizes of cities, for example St. Petersburg is now very large compared to any other city.

See also this tread:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... ht=#183410
Attachments
scandinavia_and_baltic_5.zip
(104.82 KiB) Downloaded 2359 times
Kjata
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Kjata »

My first 'real' attempt at a realistic scenario, usually it's just a mass of flat lane with huge cities, though I felt this one would offer a nice challenge to many players.

Feedback is MUCH appreciated, aslong as it's positive. I know there are some things like cleaning up roads and maybe not making clumps of industry, though I feel that at first people will need to make mini routes to provide enough profit to set up a large network and take advantage of the industries, so offering a nice reward would make the experience a lot more enjoyable.

Edit - Added some more coal mines on far right, not shown in screenshot. Plus I noticed I spelt Reservoir wrong, nevermind.
Attachments
Sorry about quality, trying to compress it to a good size.
Sorry about quality, trying to compress it to a good size.
Reservior Mayhem.jpg (87.35 KiB) Viewed 24315 times
Reservior Mayhem.scn
(54.42 KiB) Downloaded 1967 times
Observer
Logo Creator

Post by Observer »

Feedback on above....

I like the map and the placing of land/water/cities.. this looks realistic.

But for a start i would add some trees :D

And then Im not much of a person who likes all the industries so tight together, so I would change that either, but I guess this is just your whole point so Ill leave that...

I would also suggest to place like 3 or 4 ultra-small towns on the map so you can try to turn them into bigones while playing.

Looks great though !
Never fear, I is here...
oboka
Engineer
Engineer

Barcelona area scenario

Post by oboka »

This is an old scenario someone did for TTD, I found it somewhere and now I've converted it to de OTTD format. Can't remember the name of the creator... sorry.

This is the city of Barcelona and his influential area at the south-west of Europe.
Attachments
barcelona.scn
(127.84 KiB) Downloaded 2088 times
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

here is my scenario
alpine (because of the mountains), but i want recreate it in alpine climate and use the newgrf set to convert the alpine brown terrain into temperate green terrain so it is more realistic
Attachments
Alpine.scn
(120.58 KiB) Downloaded 1632 times
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

Well there's a nice collection of scenarios here. So now it's just up to the devs to include the ones that the scen makes will allow included. Though I have no idea when they'll get around to that. :)

Any tropical scenarios? (or did i miss them? :) )
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

when my scenario is finished i have no problems to distribute it with OTTD, but wait until is finished, don't use that :)

about tropical scenario, i wanted to create one, but i had not much time to spend (i worked about 2 hours to create Alpine)
and i think that tropical is not so played like temperate because there are some issues with trains sets

EDIT: here is the second version, almost finished
i used the tempehnw.grf to have the grass in alpine
Attachments
Preview
Preview
Alpine.png (100.05 KiB) Viewed 24202 times
Alpine2.scn
(134.33 KiB) Downloaded 2137 times
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

Yes, this all looks pretty good! Great job everyone! :D We will definately include them (maybe not all, don't know yet) in the next release. I kind of lost an overview over all the scenarios though. If it's true as Moriatry said and there's no tropical scenario yet, than this is you chance to make one! It would be nice to have scenarios from all three climates.
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Wolf01 wrote:EDIT: here is the second version, almost finished
How to create such a preview?
Image Image Image Image
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

George wrote:
Open the map window and use the little button (resize window) in the lower right corner to make it so big that the whole map fits in. :)
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

dominik81 wrote:
George wrote:
Open the map window and use the little button (resize window) in the lower right corner to make it so big that the whole map fits in. :)
In the lower? There is towns button. I use 0.3.5
Image Image Image Image
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

do a giant screenshot (27MB) then reduce size from 16000*8000 to 640*480, i used irfanview to do this

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”