Russian OpenTTD

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Russian OpenTTD

Post by Smoky555 »

I translated OpenTTD v0.3.5 into russian (not whole but with russian town names, transport names, interface, messages and other).
How I can publish russian version (or necessary files to patch a source) of OpenTTD?
Attachments
Screen1.jpg
Screen1.jpg (67.93 KiB) Viewed 6455 times
Last edited by Smoky555 on 06 Jan 2005 08:17, edited 2 times in total.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Do you see the sticky entitled "New rulebook/how-to for translators"?
It just might have some useful information.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Smoky555
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Smoky555 »

DaleStan wrote:Do you see the sticky entitled "New rulebook/how-to for translators"?
It just might have some useful information.
Yes, i see it, but i make translation NOT only russain.txt file, but i make changes in source code (for russian town name generation).
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Oh. I'd guess that the diff should be posted to SourceForge.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
ThanD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ThanD »

Smoky555, if your patch will be merged to svn than I can help with translating.

P.S.: Magadan -- lol :)
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

make a diff file and post it on SF

How did you manage to get the Russian charset?
ThanD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ThanD »

Bjarni wrote:make a diff file and post it on SF

Hi used localized version of trg1r.grf. In it sprites on places
162-225, 386-449, 610-673 were replaced with russian letters. Can we use newgrf for this without changing trg1r.grf?
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

ThanD wrote:
Bjarni wrote:make a diff file and post it on SF

Hi used localized version of trg1r.grf. In it sprites on places
162-225, 386-449, 610-673 were replaced with russian letters. Can we use newgrf for this without changing trg1r.grf?
I think so, but don't ask me how
Someday we will switch to unicode, but currently nobody have time to work on it, but once it's done, it will be a lot easier to add chars from other languages since Russian chars will not have the same numbers and you can just link the different charcodes to different sprites without any problems
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

ThanD wrote:used localized version of trg1r.grf. In it sprites on places 162-225, 386-449, 610-673 were replaced with russian letters. Can we use newgrf for this without changing trg1r.grf?
Assuming Action A support works, it should be pretty easy. Use GRFDiff to create a GRD file, and then use GRDtoGRF to create a GRF file.

Both programs are part of the GRFCodec package.
SergeS
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SergeS »

Smoky555, most of station names is .... bit not russian - as it looks - it is only translated by some translator + Russian names of cities

PS for russian names witch will be near to real it need in more case put name of town second or use '-'
ThanD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ThanD »

I finaly posted a patch to sf, so you may try it.
Some other languages may use this trick with newgrf, for example greek.

Some time ago Pipian post sprites of greek and cyrrillic characters. Can I use it instead current cyrrillic chars and distribute with the game?
Pipian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pipian »

I sent you what I had for sprites of Cyrillic (Unicode-style). Regrettably, when we switch to Unicode, I imagine there will also be a switch away from bitmapped fonts as well (this is a conjecture on my part) given that some languages simply won't be able to fit in (for example) the small font used in the "View all trains" window.
Mad Dog McKill
President
President

Post by Mad Dog McKill »

Wow.. I am impressed.. Nice job.. hope to see this implemented in OpenTTD soon :wink:
OT: By FIREMARK: "Limitation disturbs me very sprites. Goes it throw out limitation?"
My Last.fm Profile
My Facebook Profile
ku3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ku3 »

We can make OTTD load font file and .txt according to system locale (for example, ru_RU.KOI8-R on my current pc). If u agree, i'll write a patch.
--
kthx
ThanD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ThanD »

ku3, did you see that patch: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=636367 ? It works fine, but we need new cyrillic font -- free and less ugly than used in patch. Pipian sent me his partial completed font, but currently I have no time to complete it. Can you help with drawing?
Yet another newbe in english on that forum (-:
Pipian
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pipian »

I've done some work to fill out a little, but again, I've not completed the small and big fonts. Those are mainly waiting on figuring out if/how Unicode would be done (as Unicode would be even nicer than merely using a hack to overlay a GRF and then force the burden on the translator to convert to a non-standard charset)
ThanD
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ThanD »

russian.txt in "standart" Windows russian encoding -- CP-1251. But surely unicode is much preferred way.
Yet another newbe in english on that forum (-:
ku3
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ku3 »

I don't know why do we need unicode, really... Can somebody explain?
--
kthx

Return to “General OpenTTD”