Turkish mosque + coding!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ladis
Engineer
Engineer

Turkish mosque + coding!

Post by Ladis »

This turkish mosque, remade from Zimmlock´s one, is mainly for subtropical scenery, because in temperate scenery would look too bright... You can replace subtropical church in trg1r.grf with it - I don´t know how to separate it as a individual grf file :D...
And it would be better, if some coder made this mosque appear 2-5 times per town, according to extent of the town.
Here is the coding (compression ysize xsize xrel yrel):
1st: 03 65 64 -31 -34
2nd: 03 65 64 -31 -34
3rd: 09 68 64 -31 -38
Attachments
the new mosque:
the new mosque:
mosque.png (3.29 KiB) Viewed 10362 times
Last edited by Ladis on 02 Jan 2005 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Could you convert the pcx file to *.png and upload it again?
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Ladis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladis »

..done
Last edited by Ladis on 02 Jan 2005 10:06, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

would it be possible to replace Zimmlock's mosque with this one? That one is too bright in all climates, this one looks just fine
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Looks very good :!:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Ladis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladis »

I cane replace old Zimmlock´s mosque in his ttrsw.grf file, that mosque there is coded to appear in temperate only, and there should be my mosque so bright.. it´s made to be in subtropical climate, so you could replace subtropical church with it just for now.. - could somebody code it into individual grf file (replacing subtropical church), so it could be expanded among tycooners?

- and I can make some coloured mosque out of it, just for temperate, but it would take some time.. :D
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Don't replace the church, just add it as a variant. So you might get either. And I don't think it really belongs in Temperate, but certainly it belongs in Tropic.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by 459 »

krtaylor wrote:Don't replace the church, just add it as a variant. So you might get either. And I don't think it really belongs in Temperate, but certainly it belongs in Tropic.
Can you find many mosques in South America?

Well, maybe this is way too generalizing the subject but I've always associated the Tropical climate of TTD to South America. Main reason is probably that the town names in original TTD were Spanish by default. Of course, great part of muslims live in more or less desertlike environment so this environment is probably the best place to put the mosques into.

Do whatever you wish, this is not my subject but just hopped in front of my eyes. Just my $0.02...
Planeset has been officially released!
Get it here. Help us to draw liveries for all planes!
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

In general, where mosques are found, trains aren't much found, with the notable exception of India. It seems to me that we actually do not have any reason to include a mosque anywhere in the TTD world, until such time as we have an India set (which would be in the Tropics, but would would certainly have its own city names and probably its own buildings.)

Of the three climates, as things are, mosques don't at all belong in the Arctic, don't really belong in Temperate, and are arguable in the Tropic.
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

the mosque is really great... although it looks little too new... maybe little more shading...
Ladis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladis »

I think the mosque fits in the subtropical scenery well. The confusion about mosques comes from the fact, that the tropical scenery at all is more like north-african, and the buildings are more ibero-american. And there is a tempting challenge for graphics designers, to draw pampa instead of sand planes (that could be also more patient for eyes - the crossing between rainfores and desert is too sudden), or - to work slowly on north-african urban renewall...
Infrequency of railways in north africa is really evident. But as everybody knows, TTD is not realistic in many ways. And the unrealistic feature, as fully developed rail transport in the map of nort africa, is not so alarming as for ex. angular railways, concorde, that is landing at 2330kph speed, or oil tanker, that is long as block of three houses..
Attachments
mosque in tropical town...
mosque in tropical town...
SCR1.png (64.06 KiB) Viewed 10424 times
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

krtaylor wrote:In general, where mosques are found, trains aren't much found, with the notable exception of India.
Do the hindus in india use mosques??
mosques don't at all belong in the Arctic...
Well, there are mosques both in Stockholm and Malmö, two of the bigger cities here in Sweden (not quite arctic weather right now, but...) and I'm sure there are in London and many other places too.
don't really belong in Temperate
Of course they do.
are arguable in the Tropic.
Agree with you there, as long as the town names are what they are, but rename your towns, and the mosques fit (and not the churches).

I would prefer to be able to set the percentage between churches and mosques, it does look a bit stupid with English town names, and two (or more) mosques in every village!

AndersI
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Well, now that an arab theme is being prepared for TTD, maybe someone is interested in the desert creating thing, and we can see this topic back.

I'd like to see an easy way to fill up an area with desert tiles completely, not partially
Ladis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladis »

hmm... I understand you in that... I have also problems with that.. That´s why not so many tropical sceneries are avaible in map storages... it´s impossible to make a continual desert without generating random map, where you have half of map of rainforest, and half of desert..
Someone will have to repair that feature. And there should be also button, which you can make a rainforest back from the desert with, because once you make a desert, you can´t take it back....
I can´t help you, just because I´m not able to program in TTD, but I fully agree with you and I hope someone will help us with that please :cry: !!
Zimmlock
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zimmlock »

Your (my) Mosque looks verry nice, just a small remark, the large dome is to big it falls off the building at the rear :wink:
For TTRSv2 i have made a darker version.
Attachments
Mosque.png
Mosque.png (3.03 KiB) Viewed 10230 times
Hodie Mihi Cras Tibi
Colonel32
President
President

Post by Colonel32 »

zimmlock

well, in case you use both the red AND the white (and have them random generated), while still giving us opinnion to turn mosques off completely, or make them appear 1 mosque per 10 churches, we all would be happy
Ladis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ladis »

the large dome is to big it falls off the building at the rear
I know :D , but it isn´t remarkable at first sight, you have to look carefully to find it out... hmm... but I didnt want to make smaller dome, maybe I could make the building more long..., but only if necessary, because this shape is ideal for it...
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

AndersI wrote:
krtaylor wrote:In general, where mosques are found, trains aren't much found, with the notable exception of India.
Do the hindus in india use mosques??
No, they use temples, but don't forget, there are millions of Muslims in India, and they most certainly have mosques.
Hamza
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hamza »

Good work
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

krtaylor wrote:Don't replace the church, just add it as a variant. So you might get either. And I don't think it really belongs in Temperate, but certainly it belongs in Tropic.
Never heard of immigration, eh? Nor South-Eastern Europe? :wink:

Return to “Graphics Development”